GDT: Buffalo @ Washington 7pm EST TV: MSG and WSPN+

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
one issue I am concerned with is playing Dahlin up to 28 min again even with 7 D dressed.
basically there was a top3 and the other 4 just played each around 12min.
Can anybody who has seen the game explain this development?
(if you just got histrionics please don't answer, thank you)

Reactions: sabremike

Sabresbyswords104

Dec 7, 2019
next season they really need to ice a team that make the playoffs. Cant just wait it out when they have so many Young good players anymore

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
one issue I am concerned with is playing Dahlin up to 28 min again even with 7 D dressed.
basically there was a top3 and the other 4 just played each around 12min.
Can anybody who has seen the game explain this development?
(if you just got histrionics please don't answer, thank you)
This is a very shrewd and important observation. One of the reasons McDavid is having issues is that he's been leaned on so hard to overcome all the roster flaws. Playing stupid amounts of minutes eventually leads to guys breaking down because even the best guys are only human.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Jack and ROR have Cups. ROR has a Smythe. Jack should have had one.

Is the objective good citizens or winning hockey games?
It's interesting how you don't hear stories about Eichel being an immature jerk these days. It's as if getting away from Hockey Love Canal made all the difference in the world. Don't forget that the second we knew he was coming here the raging sociopath of a GM was on TV acting as if it was some unthinkable catastrophe that we were stuck with him.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
It's interesting how you don't hear stories about Eichel being an immature jerk these days. It's as if getting away from Hockey Love Canal made all the difference in the world. Don't forget that the second we knew he was coming here the raging sociopath of a GM was on TV acting as if it was some unthinkable catastrophe that we were stuck with him.
Ah yes good old GMTM. Is he still unemployed?

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
We talked about this all summer. Levi would have to be a once-in-decades anomaly to assert himself as the starter. And here we are.

Sucks to be right.

All true. Also true that the game doesn't even get to OT without his goal.
I would have preferred to see VO on that 5 on 3, Cozens took 3 brutal shots before scoring

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
If the Sabres want any chance of not being eliminated before All-Star break they need to string together a 5 game win streak at least as of right now and hope the teams above lose at least 2 or 3 in their next 5.
That is a bit drastic, they have 63 games and are 3 points out of the wild card and 5 from a division spot.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
That is a bit drastic, they have 63 games and are 3 points out of the wild card and 5 from a division spot.

It's not hyperbole or being drastic.. there is no 'its too early' anymore, every game matters.

Also playing from behind is hard for any team, even 3 points can be a mountain. If Sabres hot streak comes when the teams 3 points above them as well, they gain no ground. For every win Sabres need to rely on other teams to beat the teams above them just to gain ground.

How do the Sabres expect to do this when they can't beat the teams above them and the teams above them aren't losing.

Reactions: SabresFan26

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008

It's not hyperbole or being drastic.. there is no 'its too early' anymore, every game matters.

Also playing from behind is hard for any team, even 3 points can be a mountain. If Sabres hot streak comes when the teams 3 points above them as well, they gain no ground. For every win Sabres need to rely on other teams to beat the teams above them just to gain ground.

How do the Sabres expect to do this when they can't beat the teams above them and the teams above them aren't losing.

Because so far the East has generally been very average. That’s why we are still in it despite playing terrible.

Or maybe we are just terrible, who knows.

Reactions: Zman5778

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
It's the one reason why I'm not as down on this team as most. If we were hovering around .500 with our best players being our best players.....we'd be in big big trouble.

But we're hovering near .500 with Tage and Cozens playing as poor facsimiles of themselves. If those two get going and everyone else plays as they are now, we will make a push.
I wonder if there’s an exchange rate or exception in the standings if your best players aren’t playing well, which causes you to miss the playoffs. Do we get an extra 9 points on the season? Do we have to write a letter to the league to let us in? Or is it like any other sport, and your organization faces the consequences of your best players not being your best players?

Leaning on a limited amount players to carry the organization, where if they don’t, the team sucks, is why we are in our 3rd or 4th rebuild in a decade. Don’t come back with the same failure of a roster, improve upon it. Otherwise you leave delusional hope for the fans.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
It's the one reason why I'm not as down on this team as most. If we were hovering around .500 with our best players being our best players.....we'd be in big big trouble.

But we're hovering near .500 with Tage and Cozens playing as poor facsimiles of themselves. If those two get going and everyone else plays as they are now, we will make a push.
I view this as worse than the alternative. If the core group was doing what they should but we were losing due to goaltending or a poor bottom of the roster then at least we have the correct core in place and we can fix the rest. Them not performing is far more concerning to me because if we don't have the correct core in place we are screwed for a long long time.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010

Again, while I agree with that part, I think we're just as handicapped with the way Skinner and Tuch are playing. The vets have to start carrying their weight, and those two are causing a lot more harm than Okposo in the lineup.

Reactions: Ehran

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

1700761670941.png

I know it's MoneyPuck. But at 38.6% odds to make the playoffs....9th best in the East......and given how we've played.......I'm still nowhere near done with the season.

We're by no means cooked.

Reactions: Deep Blue Metallic

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
And when those guys were here, we had neither.
That’s why Miller and others were so likable.

View attachment 772294

I know it's MoneyPuck. But at 38.6% odds to make the playoffs....9th best in the East......and given how we've played.......I'm still nowhere near done with the season.

We're by no means cooked.
No Tage and Quinn for another month plus.

A coaching staff with zero playoff experience and a GM who’s never built a playoff team.

Eh I’m not putting a lot on 38.6 percent odds.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
That’s why Miller and others were so likable.
In the land of coulda, shoulda, woulda, I wonder where this franchise would be today if Lafontaine won out over pee pee slappin Murray over the debate to keep or trade Miller.

Granted the curse of Pegula is strong and it’s debatable if any one single trade/ player can overcome this sinister force.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $80.00