GDT: Buffalo @ Washington 7pm EST TV: MSG and WSPN+

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I think Cozens may very well be concussed. Don't know if others caught the play where he lost the puck like 3 times in one shift trying to clear it. But there is just a lack of coordination in his game. Either that or the fish bowl is restricting his movement.

The confounding factor is he was already playing poorly prior to getting his ass beat. But I think this looks different than just being sloppy like he was before. He looks slow and uncoordinated.

Reactions: HaNotsri

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
It is true. They admitted it
No they didn’t.

He got a chance at NHL and never had to go ride the bus and play in the AHL
And?

I think Cozens may very well be concussed. Don't know if others caught the play where he lost the puck like 3 times in one shift trying to clear it. But there is just a lack of coordination in his game. Either that or the fish bowl is restricting his movement.

The confounding factor is he was already playing poorly prior to getting his ass beat. But I think this looks different than just being sloppy like he was before. He looks slow and uncoordinated.
He’s playing ith a cage that takes away his depth perception at his feet/down low.

Reactions: Deep Blue Metallic

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

Imagine if it ends up he wrecked his career getting starched in a fight he initiated late in a complete blowout. That might end up being the single dumbest thing a player has ever done.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
When? Source?
One of the press conferences with KA didn’t say they guaranteed it but that they would give him every opportunity early to be in the NHL.

No they didn’t.

And?

He’s playing ith a cage that takes away his depth perception at his feet/down low.
Half our team hasn’t earned anything.

Look at Boston. They lost three of their major pieces and still are the best team in the NHL. They develop guys in the AHL and they ride their bus and earn their opportunity.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
Interesting watching in person.

For me, I don't think Tuch or Skinner are getting enough flak. Skinner does two things well. One is to agitate and draw penalties. The other is to score the dirty goals. Right now, he is doing neither, and his effort level tonight was about a 2 on a scale of ten. If someone needs to sit for a game, it's him.

And Tuch seems to be trying , but is just not reacting fast enough.

Add Cozens to this line, and it's a black hole on the ice.

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
Some time in Roch wouldn't be a terrible.
The goaltender position is probably the most mentally difficult in hockey so they must be mature and psychologically strong before being ready to play in the NHL. High quality goalie prospects (Cossa, Askarov, Dostal, Sogaard (high draft pick) play or played at least 2 years in the AHL before joining the NHL. Playing a rookie goalie too early in the big league can harm his confidence and development (in my opinion). It would be better to let Levi develop in the AHL.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I love how the butch Buffalo Sports Media who ran Ruff out of town (one guy who will rename nameless essentially brags about it on his X bio) treat Donnie and Adams with kid gloves and virtually never criticize either one.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
One of the press conferences with KA didn’t say they guaranteed it but that they would give him every opportunity early to be in the NHL.

He was not guaranteed a NHL roster spot.
Half our team hasn’t earned anything.

Look at Boston. They lost three of their major pieces and still are the best team in the NHL. They develop guys in the AHL and they ride their bus and earn their opportunity.
What does this have to do with what I posted?

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I love how the butch Buffalo Sports Media who ran Ruff out of town (one guy who will rename nameless essentially brags about it on his X bio) treat Donnie and Adams with kid gloves and virtually never criticize either one.

The "beat" Sabres guys now are mostly completely different than during Ruff's time. Apples to oranges comparison.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
The goaltender position is probably the most mentally difficult in hockey so they must be mature and psychologically strong before being ready to play in the NHL. High quality goalie prospects (Cossa, Askarov, Dostal, Sogaard (high draft pick) play or played at least 2 years in the AHL before joining the NHL. Playing a rookie goalie too early in the big league can harm his confidence and development (in my opinion). It would be better to let Levi develop in the AHL.
You're right of course, and that course of action makes sense, but don't try to apply sense when it comes to Sabres management.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in

I can tell you that the fishbowl messes with you. The “bars” on the air holes at the bottom shows double. I wore one and had to figure out which one was the puck. I was partial to the hybrid, and I only dealt with it when I had to. I wore the hybrid during high school hockey, and then nothing during men’s league at the same time.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
G: We were the better team in the 1st period. And that was about it.

B:

U: this team sucks

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Every sane person recognized this. The freaking guy whose number we retired last season and who is a borderline HOF'er was drafted in 1999 and wasn't our starter until 2005. The greatest goaltender ever took years to develope (we even exposed him in an expansion draft!). They were essentially counting on a million to one shot and of course it didn't come through.

Reactions: Nevins

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
I can tell you that the fishbowl messes with you. The “bars” on the air holes at the bottom shows double. I wore one and had to figure out which one was the puck. I was partial to the hybrid, and I only dealt with it when I had to. I wore the hybrid during high school hockey, and then nothing during men’s league at the same time.
Is the fishbowl really a better choice than a regular cage? It looks foggy, hot and uncomfortable to me.

Reactions: Deep Blue Metallic

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Let's be real, the 3 goalie carousel, the personal decisions, Granato trying to teach them how to play a 200' game with more emphasis on defense. Adams literally doing nothing but cultivating a stupid amount of prospects that will never play for this team just shows us that management was never going into this season as more than another development year.

Kane would be a lazy bandaid fix to try and calm the Sabres masses but I can guarantee you Kevyn Adams had no intentions of playoffs this year. That feeling was from the players and when Adams doesn't add to reward the team with actual good players season after season. Fails to actually have a goalie plan. It tells the team management doesn't think they are good enough and that is going to come back and haunt this team when the players stop caring because they know management doesn't.

f*** you Kevyn Adams if you are reading this.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
In a few years Dahlin is going to demand out, everyone is going to line up to shit on him as a loozah like was done with ROR, Jack and Sam, he will go on to win the cup, we will continue to be a laughingstock and the lesson will continue to be unlearned.

I shit on Jack for being a loser because of how he behaved toward others. ROR was a drunk. Sam was fine. Jack? That guy was repulsive.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Interesting watching in person.

For me, I don't think Tuch or Skinner are getting enough flak. Skinner does two things well. One is to agitate and draw penalties. The other is to score the dirty goals. Right now, he is doing neither, and his effort level tonight was about a 2 on a scale of ten. If someone needs to sit for a game, it's him.

And Tuch seems to be trying , but is just not reacting fast enough.

Add Cozens to this line, and it's a black hole on the ice.
Yep. Generally our best players haven’t been good enough since the season started.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
time to start looking at replacing the coach before the season gets too out of hand. Donny is a good guy and a good developmental coach, but not the one to take them to the playoffs.
Or you can, you know, do you f***ing job as a GM and build a team. What a clown this Adams guy is.

Get Levi out of here, for starters. We need the roster spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad