GDT: Buffalo @ Washington 7pm EST TV: MSG and WSPN+

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
For how bad we’ve looked for a lot of this season, a win tonight brings us to .500 in point percentage and right in the mix for the wild card (within a game or two).

I am surprised by the Caps record so far. I thought they would be a bottom dweller this year.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
For how bad we’ve looked for a lot of this season, a win tonight brings us to .500 in point percentage and right in the mix for the wild card (within a game or two).

I am surprised by the Caps record so far. I thought they would be a bottom dweller this year.
Even bad teams get hot and win games.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in

Crazy thing is that they’re doing it with a terrible PP too. I saw a tweet the other day where they were 5-1-1 in their last 7 games, with a 0% PP. It makes the Sabres PP look like a murderer’s row

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

Forced their hand…but Granato still can’t bring himself to bench any of the D he’s outplayed by a mile.

Cant pick six D. Can’t pick 2 goalies. Can’t even find 12 forwards worth playing. But we still have to wonder if they’ll send Benson back?

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010

An 82-point season sure ain't getting it done. The point spreads are lower earlier in a year -- and also easier to overcome -- but playing so-called .500 hockey is borderline lottery team.

Reactions: mviewer1

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010

Forced their hand…but Granato still can’t bring himself to bench any of the D he’s outplayed by a mile.

Cant pick six D. Can’t pick 2 goalies. Can’t even find 12 forwards worth playing. But we still have to wonder if they’ll send Benson back?

Absolute cowards. You wonder why they can't make a trade. They cannot ring themselves to bench Erik Johnson or Clifton and admit Ryan Johnson is better than both. They can't admit Okposo is done. How could they make a trade?

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
An 82-point season sure ain't getting it done. The point spreads are lower earlier in a year -- and also easier to overcome -- but playing so-called .500 hockey is borderline lottery team.
Correct but I think the point is we are still very much in if we can take it up a notch as expected. We haven’t dug too deep of a hole fortunately

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Correct but I think the point is we are still very much in if we can take it up a notch as expected. We haven’t dug too deep of a hole fortunately

It's almost 20 games in. Almost everybody is in it. Here's some reality. Last year's 92-point threshold was very low by historical standards. The 8th seed is currently on a 96-point pace, and that's closer to the norm. That would leave the Sabres needing 79 points in the remaining64 games. So, 79 points out of a possible 128. They have to play at a 101-point pace the rest of the year. Doable. For sure. But the hole is getting bigger.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Possibly 11-7 again? Great. Love that move by Granato. Oyee..

If they play like ass against the Caps after apparently playing like ass against the Blackhawks, then I'm going to complain anonymously online about it.

Let's hope the boys wait until after the game to get the party started
Shit. The way they've been playing I assumed they've been on a bender since October.

Last edited:

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
I don't see any advantage to going 11-7 over 12-8, despite the lackings of the current roster.
Because Granato needs to make sure his boy Clifton gets in the lineup

Looks to me like Sammy may be taking a seat.
If its 11-7 I'm assuming its Bryson who is sitting.

Unless Sammy is hurting, it would be moronic to go with 11-7 and sit Sammy

Reactions: Matt Ress

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Because Granato needs to make sure his boy Clifton gets in the lineup

If its 11-7 I'm assuming its Bryson who is sitting.

Unless Sammy is hurting, it would be moronic to go with 11-7 and sit Sammy
I am saying it looks like 12-6 and Sammy needing the rest. Injury or whatever, the guy seems to be struggling.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Absolute cowards. You wonder why they can't make a trade. They cannot ring themselves to bench Erik Johnson or Clifton and admit Ryan Johnson is better than both. They can't admit Okposo is done. How could they make a trade?
Can't admit Krebs play is deserving of a scratch

Reactions: SabresFan26

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix

Having 3 goalies on the roster has nothing to donwith Granato

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad