Post-Game Talk: Buffalo Sabres @ New York Nashers 3/3/13

Bardof425*

My point exactly.

BTW, watched the Chicago-Detroit game this afternoon. Beautiful, crisp hockey, great passing, great goal-tending, looked like a different league.

It looks different partly because those two teams do not playnas hard defensively as the Rangers and Sabres; and because their forwards are more creative.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
When you trade depth to get a player, the team will obviously look lost without him. Glad Nash is back, he's absolutely a difference maker on this team.

aristocrat

Apr 4, 2011
Funny that Buffalo fans are saying that Richards dove and using the fact that he got back into the game as proof, but then completely disregard that Ennis is a 5 foot 5 midget, and was feeling so bad that he went in the Shootout. How can someone NOT get Ennis high on a hit?

Ennis went down to the ice for all of two seconds and was back in the play. I honestly thought they were bringing the stretcher out for richards. Then he's back out next shift. I think us as Buffalo fans have a problem with how much richards over sold the hit. Not a dive just oversold the aftermath.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Ennis went down to the ice for all of two seconds and was back in the play. I honestly thought they were bringing the stretcher out for richards. Then he's back out next shift. I think us as Buffalo fans have a problem with how much richards over sold the hit. Not a dive just oversold the aftermath.

He wasn't out next shift, he went to the locker room.

I haven't seen Richards "fake" an injury before. It's honestly more reasonable that he was in pain and stunned since he did just go headfirst into the boards, than him faking injury.

As for the hit on Ennis, it was penalty worthy and I think the right thing was called, but in my opinion Girardi was trying to hit him shoulder to shoulder and knock him off the puck in the corner. You can see him setting up for the hit while Ennis was still skating along the boards, and then throws it as Ennis turns. It was bad timing by Girardi, he probably thought he could knock Ennis off the puck before he got a chance to make a play with it, but misjudged and ended up hitting Ennis in the back. Penalty worth but in my mind there's a difference between something like that and shoving a guy in the back the way Kaleta did. Girardi was at least trying to make a legitimate play, Kaleta was doing nothing but shoving a guy into the boards from a dangerous position

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Umm...Richards went into the locker room and was only back when we scored our 2 goals. He was stunned from the impact. Easy to sit behind a computer and say that players "oversell the hit" when most of us don't play hockey, and especially not anywhere close to NHL speed. And Girardi was trying the hit Ennis in the shoulder, Ennis turned, and got hit from behind. But nice try.

clmetsfan

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2007

This was beaten to death on the main board, but from the impact, the reaction, and the recovery, it's blatantly obvious that Richards suffered a stinger. They hurt like hell for a few minutes, but the recovery is usually pretty quick.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Glad Richards is ok. That hit is a textbook example of how players get paralyzed. You don't have to be going 100mph you just have to hit your head/neck in the right spot.

To me it immediately looked like he suffered a "stinger", the kind you see LBs and Safeties get frequently in the NFL.

Again very glad he's ok. So unnessecary and dangerous. And some are calling it a dive? How clueless can you get.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Not to mention that trainers were working with Richards all of the time between shifts. But hey, see what you want to see, even though Kaleta is pretty much Matt Cooke 2.0.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I don't care if Gaborik got two assists last night.

He was downright horrendous. He literally watched every single play go on in front of him, was a second late jumping on every puck or man the entire game. I don't know what his issue is but hes got to start skating and shooting.

He's too good of a player to be a spectator for a half dozen games and then decide to show up and net 2. He's too reliant on the whole "sharking" method where hes waiting in the weeds looking for perfect passes while he watches his linemates do all the dirty work. He needs to start asserting himself. Kreider is playing the Portland Pirates tomorrow instead of the Flyers for doing the same thing (so Torts says).

Bardof425*

He jammed his neck and probably had the wind knocked out of him. When you get kicked in the balls, you writhe around on the floor and then magically five minutes later you are good to go. Cut it out. As for Ennis, he wasn't hurt. He could have been but he wasn't.

Vickers8

I don't care if Gaborik got two assists last night.

He was downright horrendous. He literally watched every single play go on in front of him, was a second late jumping on every puck or man the entire game. I don't know what his issue is but hes got to start skating and shooting.

He's too good of a player to be a spectator for a half dozen games and then decide to show up and net 2. He's too reliant on the whole "sharking" method where hes waiting in the weeds looking for perfect passes while he watches his linemates do all the dirty work. He needs to start asserting himself. Kreider is playing the Portland Pirates tomorrow instead of the Flyers for doing the same thing (so Torts says).

I thought I was the only one seeing this, soft as charmin, has to pull the trigger faster too, shoot the puck!

Vickers8

very_large_AC-_DEC4942W.jpg

NYRKindms

Dec 16, 2009
Even if Richards sold the hit I don't really have an issue with it. I dont think he did but even if he did, his team wasn't playing very inspired at the time. A 5 minute power play was exactly the kind of thing the team needed to get going and it eventually led to 2 points.

Kaleta put himself in that situation, he has a rep. he was going to the box for atleast 2 regardless. He cost his team with his stupid play. Buffalo has no one to blame but Kaleta. They were winning, the rangers were playing uninspired. They probably would have won the game if not for that stupid play.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00