Oh this is america and if you f with us
we're gonna f you up
We'll bomb your ass
until there's nothing left
with which to peice your sh**hole back together

I just dare you to
Please cross the line
Because we'll just nuke you right back to the stone age

(I did that about two years ago and never finished the song)

A pleasant ditty...

charlie460

Stone Age Hockey
Nov 25, 2011
Norway
TnrI7oh.gif

ltsthinaz

Dec 20, 2011
Kingman, Arizona
The biggest issue offensively in the game was the Rangers pointmen constantly missing the net all night. It wasn't just a couple times, but almost EVERY time.

The Dmen were the biggest problem for our offensive issues in this game...

My point exactly.

BTW, watched the Chicago-Detroit game this afternoon. Beautiful, crisp hockey, great passing, great goal-tending, looked like a different league.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
The biggest issue offensively in the game was the Rangers pointmen constantly missing the net all night. It wasn't just a couple times, but almost EVERY time.

The Dmen were the biggest problem for our offensive issues in this game...

Nash missed the net too, true Ranger:yo:

Dangleberry

Feb 21, 2012
Queens, NY
BTW there was a guy in my section (224) that was wearing a furry blue buffalo hat, kept yelling "LET'S GO BUFFALLOOOOOOOO."

He was annoying as **** but I give him props for having the balls to pull that off.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
We looked so lost out there in the 1st period, complete 180 from the Tampa Bay game. If it weren't for Brad getting slammed into the boards, I think we would've lost.

Except for those two bum penalties, Rick Nash looked like a beast. Our PP is starting to look better.

Its not a possibility, but a guarantee. The only reason the Rangers won was because of that misconduct.

They were flat pretty much the whole game...

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
Nash missed the net too, true Ranger:yo:

The forwards were generally alright, buffalo was collapsing most of the night. So the Rangers didn't have much to work with in the slot.

Buffalo was giving our pointmen all the shooting lanes, yet none of the dmen could even get a shot on net...

it was painful...

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
My understanding is Buffalo has struggled on the PP, which follows logically.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Yeah, Richards really has to "sell it" when his head drives into the boards and his neck violently snaps back.

But these are the geniuses as those who say that Nash is overrated, so yeah.

Uncle Sid

Nov 30, 2007
New Jersey
Main boards: "Richards took a dive" Really? Thats pathetic. That is the main reason I dont post over there. Clear cut, unnecessary cross check from behind when Kaleta clearly saw the numbers….

edit: sorry im a little late to the discussion, just got home from the game, trying to play catch up lol

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Don't know how people are saying we didn't "deserve" the two points. We played a good overall game for most of the game. Some guys had great games- Nash, Stepan, Hank, Staal...

If getting 2 from that isn't deserved I don't know what is.

16 To Stanley*

Thought we outplayed them most of the game. Need to shoot more and hit the net more though. Buffalo is not very good at all. There powerplay is trash.

I was extremely bothered that no one retaliated on Kaleta though. Can't wait for Asham to be back, but the guys on the ice need to do something there.

This team is not as tough or hard to play against as last years team.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Regarding the fact that we scored 2 PP goals with Richards off the ice, I think that there is a reason for it. And it's not because he's horrible on the powerplay. I think that guys think that the PP has to go through him, that he'll set them up perfectly and everything. They put too much pressure on him. I think that's why the PP was moving a lot better when he was off the ice, not because he's terrible.

Also, what a beastly PK in OT. Great work by all the PK'ers.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I like Bille Jaffe on NHL network right now. The host emphasized how Richards only missed a shift. Stupid ****ing comment by him. It was a stupid play by Kaleta, he is a dirty player. Jaffe made a great point, it was a slow developing play, it was unnecessary. Kaleta is a repeat offender, he doesn't learn. It wasn;t like Girardi's hit on Gerbe/Ennis (I forget which guy it was). Both were going towards the corner and the sabre player turned just like McDonagh did with Pacioretty. And Girardi is far from a dirty player to boot.

On the game side of things. I thought the rangers had the favor in play in the first, the second the sabres had the edge, the 3rd the rangers were very good. In fact towards the end of the 2nd they started to pick it up again. Miller really elevated his game in the 3rd especially after the richards/kaleta incident. Miller was buzzing around the ice. A lot of kudos to the PK guys in the 3rd and OT. I thought cally, step, boyle, halpern, powe, and Hagelin were all very good as were the usual suspects on defense. Henrik was solid at the end. Just a good hard fought win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad