Post-Game Talk: Buffalo Sabres @ New York Nashers 3/3/13

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@AGrossRecord: Brad Richards will not participate in practice today for #NYR.”

“@AGrossRecord: Brad Richards out for more than maintenance, call it total body soreness.”

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
He shouldn't have even been allowed to return yesterday.

I agree, but if returning shows a lot of balls. I respect him for that. I don't think its a concussion, more similar to an overall neck/body soreness similar to being in a car accident, (whiplash) He should be good to go in a day or two hopefully.

*Bob Richards*

I agree, but if returning shows a lot of balls. I respect him for that. I don't think its a concussion, more similar to an overall neck/body soreness similar to being in a car accident, (whiplash) He should be good to go in a day or two hopefully.

I was thinking the same thing. Kaleta more or less turned him into a Pez dispenser.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@BuffNewsVogl: Sabres Patrick Kaleta says he feels like "a bag of garbage" for putting team in short-handed situation that led to two Rangers goals.”

But not for potentially paralyzing another player? Disgusting.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@BuffNewsVogl: Sabres Patrick Kaleta on boarding Brad Richards: "I just play hard, and I was on the penalty kill trying to do my job."”

“@BuffNewsVogl: Patrick Kaleta declines specifics on boarding with hearing pending. Asked if he had message for Brad Richards, long pause:"I'm good for now"”

16 To Stanley*

“@BuffNewsVogl: Sabres Patrick Kaleta says he feels like "a bag of garbage" for putting team in short-handed situation that led to two Rangers goals.â€

But not for potentially paralyzing another player? Disgusting.

He is a bag of garbage.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
“@BuffNewsVogl: Sabres Patrick Kaleta on boarding Brad Richards: "I just play hard, and I was on the penalty kill trying to do my job."â€

“@BuffNewsVogl: Patrick Kaleta declines specifics on boarding with hearing pending. Asked if he had message for Brad Richards, long pause:"I'm good for now"â€
Buffalo writer Mike Harrington notes that Sabres play the Rangers on the 12th, so Kaleta will get at least 4 games. I'm hoping for 3.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
“@BuffNewsVogl: Sabres Patrick Kaleta on boarding Brad Richards: "I just play hard, and I was on the penalty kill trying to do my job."”

“@BuffNewsVogl: Patrick Kaleta declines specifics on boarding with hearing pending. Asked if he had message for Brad Richards, long pause:"I'm good for now"”

I hope someone directs this to Shanahan.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I wish we would call Haley or McIlrath. I wanna see Mac play and I wanna see Haley cause he's crazy and he is a high energy player.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
What a ****ing ******-bag, seriously.

Even if it was a normal hockey play that ended up wrong you never want to see anyone get into a position where they could be potentially crippled. For him to acknowledge that he put his team down with a bad penalty, but not say anything to Richards in apology is downright disgusting to me.

I hope Shanny comes down hard on him (even if its for being a gigantic dick), and I hope that he takes into account that it happened on a PP when players are less prepared to be hit above the circles. Its a fact of the game. There are areas and times on the ice when you are suspecting to get hit, like when McDonagh got hit in Montreal. This was totally uncalled for. Crosschecking a guy in the lower back 5 feet from the half boards isn't your job on the PK, let alone anytime.

Bardof425*

Judging by his skating speed, he has yet to hit the ice.

On that note, Boyle is still in mid breakaway.

Speaking of Boyle, he had two good shifts in the third. Otherwise we was bad again. And it was more noticeable because JT and Gabby gave him offensive opportunities and he aborted them.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Speaking of Boyle, he had two good shifts in the third. Otherwise we was bad again. And it was more noticeable because JT and Gabby gave him offensive opportunities and he aborted them.
But since that line was put together the Rangers are on a two game winning streak, so Torts would be silly to change things right?

Bardof425*

But since that line was put together the Rangers are on a two game winning streak, so Torts would be silly to change things right?

Yes, I wouldn't change anything. However, with the way JT is starting to play, this line will not stay in tact for long. BB can't skate or create with these two guys.

surf

Wheres the Reggae?
Oct 2, 2002
sea bright nj
I want Kaleta in the line up 3/12 against us..If that means a short suspension then so be it.Do it the first shift he's on..I hear Mash broke someones face last night,bring him up,bring up Haley and bring up the Undertaker for one game,let him play Emms 5 minutes on D.Dress Asham too if healthy..Enough is enough.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
Quick question on rules.

Say the Kaleta major was the first penalty that put the Sabres down to 5v4, and then the minor was the second penalty that put the Sabres down to the 5v3. When Stepan scored his first goal, would we have remained on the 5v3?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $185.00