Post-Game Talk: Buffalo Sabres @ New York Nashers 3/3/13

Jan 8, 2012
NY
OMG! Richards returned so soon! Obvious dive!

Because, you know, players have never played injured...

Kaleta is an *******. Made it all the more special when Cally did this:

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Callahan, Jokinen, Sykora have all had shootout success pulling one of only two moves and making the keeper guess.

Cally its shoot blocker, or fake shoot blocker and tuck pad side. I guess he heard my comment that he uses the same move every time because he started to incorporate the shot to great effect.

Nash scored on a shot, on the power play. On a nice Gaborik feed. He also scored in the shootout on what is in my personal opinion the hardest move to score on, a long reach backhander.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
Just finished watching my DVR of the game. Sure was entertaining. How great did those 2 goals feel after that Kaleta BS?

Great game out of Nash, I love that he sticks up for his teammates...him and Cally seem like the only guys you can count on to do that on this current roster. I don't know if there is another player who combines size and skill in the way he does, such a dominant player.

Problematique

Apr 3, 2011
Australia
Am I a dumbass for saying Quick may be team USA's starting goalie over Miller?

Interested to hear where Craig 'The Cueball' Anderson fits in to the goaltender mix. Solid year last year and an exceptional start to this season whilst a lot of the other higher calibre goalies started slowly...

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
"....Quality personalities like Milbury, McGuire and Emerick" - Sarcastic JCresty

16 To Stanley*

Am I a dumbass for saying Quick may be team USA's starting goalie over Miller?

I thought it was the consensus that he probably would be the starter over him.

Miller isn't really that good

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Interested to hear where Craig 'The Cueball' Anderson fits in to the goaltender mix. Solid year last year and an exceptional start to this season whilst a lot of the other higher calibre goalies started slowly...
Forgot about Anderson. Gonna be an interesting goalie situation for sure
I thought it was the consensus that he probably would be the starter over him.

Miller isn't really that good
Ha the reason I ask is because I tweeted "Miller's gonna be so pissed when Quick steals his job as Team USA's starter" and a little punk tweeted (not to me directly btw) "Miller's not losing his job to Quick dumbass"

Kid blatantly despises the Rangers but this was just pure stupidity and ignorance, and almost had everything to do with the fact that Miller just lost to them

Hockey Team

Hunger Force
Dec 30, 2009
New York, NY
TnrI7oh.gif

Yeah.. that was on goal. If lundqvist didn't make the save it would've gone in.

:help:

No one is safe in NY.

You should change one of the buttons from "Pass" to "Shoot" and make the shoot button broken LOL

bishop12

Ovyously
Dec 1, 2006
Stepan
Nash
Miller
HM: Staal, Lundqvist, Callahan

Stepan is easily one of my favorite Rangers. Such a smart player, really does a great job at figuring out how to improve his game and do all the little things right. And now the offense is coming, too.

Good win, lazy play before the Richards hit, but we got 2 points and that's all that matters. Hoping for a nice 5 game suspension for Kaleta.
If you read the boards a month ago, this place was ready to ship Steps outta here.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
Despite his performance, Nash took 2 bad penalties at the worst possible times in the game.

We killed the penalty and he redeemed himself in the shootout, but he very easily could have the been goat of this game.

Hockey Team

Hunger Force
Dec 30, 2009
New York, NY
Despite his performance, Nash took 2 bad penalties at the worst possible times in the game.

We killed the penalty and he redeemed himself in the shootout, but he very easily could have the been goat of this game.

Don't forget the shot on lundqvist with just seconds to go in OT :laugh:

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Don't forget the shot on lundqvist with just seconds to go in OT :laugh:

In this game, you can get a 5 minute major for unsportsmanlike conduct for pole dancing with a hockey stick at center ice and then getting another 5 minute major for doing the same thing from the penalty box and avoid the ire of the fans so long as you do what Nash did and score the go ahead goal and the SO goal.

Now you have the imagery of Nash pole dancing. You're welcome.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Everyone stay away from the threads regarding both hits on the main board. It's pretty much asking for an infraction.

Anyway, all the non-Nash names in the poll (ie: Del Nasho) made me laugh.

I honestly have no idea how I haven't gotten one yet. I've got to have been close a few times. Usually someone in the thread warns me that I need to ignore the idiots because they're not worth the infraction and calms me down a bit. :laugh:

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I was wondering this: If Nash had covered the puck with his hand in the crease which he was close to doing but had the sense to not cover it (thanks to the fact that the puck was going into a entirely safe direction), would it have been an automatic penalty shot? I don't see any reason why it would be exempt from the rule. That would have been one good enough for hockey **** ups highlights for an entire decade especially if the PS ended the game.

Edit: I suppose I meant covered it in the crease with his hand which he was one mental lapse away from doing. He had his hand free and open and hovering over the puck at one point.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2012
I was wondering this: If Nash had covered the puck with his hand in the crease which he was close to doing but had the sense to not cover it (thanks to the fact that the puck was going into a entirely safe direction), would it have been an automatic penalty shot? I don't see any reason why it would be exempt from the rule. That would have been one good enough for hockey **** ups highlights for an entire decade especially if the PS ended the game.

he did put his glove(on stick) on it, pretty sure that could've been a penalty shot... not sure, we might've lucked out. did notice that though

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
I think it probably would have been one, but one has to consider the intention of rule 63 which is pretty clear: To prevent deliberate delay of game situations. in 63.7 it is stated that falling on the puck is only an infraction if it is deliberate.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I think it probably would have been one, but one has to consider the intention of rule 63 which is pretty clear: To prevent deliberate delay of game situations. in 63.7 it is stated that falling on the puck is only an infraction if it is deliberate.

things like this makes me wonder just how well studied the rule books are by the referees.

Bardof425*

McD had 2 really bad giveaways, one which resulted in a goal. But he did have a nice SOG and broke up a few keys plays.

Correction. McD had two giveways; neither of which led to a goal. The SH goal started with Ott poking the puck past Mac; not a giveaway. Then he poked it past MDZ creating a 2 on 2 with McD and Nash back. Nash got faked out and McD was left to defend a
2 on 1. That's what actually happened on the one goal where McD was on the ice. So considering that the first goal only happened because MDZ reversed his direction when everyone was exhausted which led to an icing, MDZ was responsible for both goals against.

Bardof425*

As far as Dmen go, besides Staal having a great game, i thought MDZ played really well too. He made some great defensive plays, and looked really good offensively passing the puck and rushing it up the ice.

He was responsible for both goals against. I agree he did some good things as well.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Funny that Buffalo fans are saying that Richards dove and using the fact that he got back into the game as proof, but then completely disregard that Ennis is a 5 foot 5 midget, and was feeling so bad that he went in the Shootout. How can someone NOT get Ennis high on a hit?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad