Buffalo Bills talk 2018 - Off Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
There's literally no way for him to clear himself when there's no charges as of now and the investigation is ongoing.

I get what you're saying, and yes, he has an interest in clearing his name as per your other 2 points, but currently, he should have a lawyer and not speak to anybody about anything.

But hey, different strokes84 for different folks I suppose :)

haha, yes, but he can work on clearing his name. Its actually a valued consideration for some for peace of mind

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
You’re right, what do I know?

Well you aren't actually addressing any of the positives people are pointing out that can come from co-operating for someone like McCoy, and instead are relying on being a lawyer on a non-legal question. I'm one too, and its not all that super relevant to this discussion.

Reactions: 5 Minute Major

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
As far as his legal troubles go, yes.

As far as his job goes, maybe, maybe not. Him refusing to cooperate could make any league or team punishment worse.
He's required to cooperate in the investigation conducted by the league per the terms of the CBA. Lack of cooperation was one of the reasons cited for suspending Brady. He's going to have to answer questions if he wants to play in the NFL.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
He's required to cooperate in the investigation conducted by the league per the terms of the CBA. Lack of cooperation was one of the reasons cited for suspending Brady. He's going to have to answer questions if he wants to play in the NFL.

Cooperating with the league in a league investigation and doing whatever law enforcement wants are two different things.

McCoy can sit there and plead the 5th on the advice of his attorney and it will be interesting to see if the league tries to do anything.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Sorry, I was not clear. I meant that him not cooperating with, or more specifically not talking with, the police. That would probably hurt him in the eyes of the NFL as part of their investigation. So him and his lawyers are going to have to balance his legal best interests and career best interests.

----

Police can arrest you if they suspect you of a crime. You don't actually have to commit one. They can show cause with little effort, unless they're a moron. They can lie to you. They are not required to give all information they have to a prosecutor. They have qualified immunity, you do not.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Bills need to be ready for possibility LeSean McCoy ends up on exempt list

It’s still too early in the investigation regarding the injuries inflicted on Delicia Cordon to know whether the proof will ever point to Bills running back LeSean McCoy as being in any way responsible for them. And before the situation ever would get to the point where there would be enough proof to convict McCoy of a crime, there could be enough proof to result in the placement of McCoy on the Commissioner Exempt List.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Terry McAulay: New kickoff rules “may be the biggest change” I’ve ever seen

NFL officials will be in Dallas for a clinic this weekendand the work done to get them ready to call the league’s new rules regarding helmet use will be a major topic.

It’s not the only big rules change in store for the 2018 season, however. The league has also revised the rules for kickoffs to alter where players line up prior to the kick, eliminate wedge blocking and change when players on the return team are allowed to initiate blocks.

Former NFL referee Terry McAulay, who retired this offseason and took a rules analyst job with NBC, will attend the clinic and said that potential issues implementing the kickoff changes shouldn’t be downplayed.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

Without speculating those reports make McCoy sound pretty reasonable in those situations. It's also telling that he was very nervous about her making false accusations of abuse against him and was aware how that could affect his NFL career. That's just what I'm getting out of the prior police reports, without passing judgement on what happened this week.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Without speculating those reports make McCoy sound pretty reasonable in those situations. It's also telling that he was very nervous about her making false accusations of abuse against him and was aware how that could affect his NFL career. That's just what I'm getting out of the prior police reports, without passing judgement on what happened this week.
The part about the jewelry is interesting. The friend claims they were a gift, right? This claims they were on loan from jewelers.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Sorry, I was not clear. I meant that him not cooperating with, or more specifically not talking with, the police. That would probably hurt him in the eyes of the NFL as part of their investigation. So him and his lawyers are going to have to balance his legal best interests and career best interests.

----

Police can arrest you if they suspect you of a crime. You don't actually have to commit one. They can show cause with little effort, unless they're a moron. They can lie to you. They are not required to give all information they have to a prosecutor. They have qualified immunity, you do not.

Police can arrest you if they suspect you of a crime? I was always under the belief the police had to have probable cause to arrest someone.

And, I was unaware police could lie to produce an untruthful confession. I did, however, know the police could lie and be deceitful as long as it didn’t produce an untruthful confession.

And, I was ESPECIALLY unaware that the police did not have to give all information, regarding a case, to the District Attorney’s Office.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
I got two takes on McCoy and one of them is correct.

He did it
She did it to set him up

Its one of them, from what I have read some of what the woman has said and she sounds out right crazy.

Last edited:

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Instagram "model". All that needs to be said. Sorry, but I am not buying into McCoy organizing violence to deal with an ex.

She either set it up herself or an overzealous fringe member of his crew did it on spec.

Ugh, can it be September and this mess is behind us? Regardless if he's innocent or not he is being treated like he is guilty. I'm sorry, but a multi millionaire superstar NFL player is not going to do something so stupid and sloppily.

If he DID do it,then he will accordingly he arrested, punished and sent to prison to never play again and I would be all for it. But this reeks like a Brian Banks part 2 Case. Violence against any person is deplorable be it against a female, child or a fully grown muscular athlete. I need more facts and McCoy is innocent until proven guilty.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I got two takes on McCoy and one of them is correct.

He did it
She did it to set him up

Its one of them, from what I have read some of what the woman has said and she sounds out right crazy.

I'm of the mindset that those that wanted the Jewelry back are the ones that did it or sent the men in(after reading the information up to now). Maybe they collected the jewelry themselves without McCoy being involved.

They may have told LeSean, "hey get that jewelry (assuming they let them borrow it) back we need it now." LeSean tells them, I've been trying to get it. They take matters into their own hands. Of course, in a state of panic/chaos, the Ex-GF or Ex GF's friend believes McCoy is the one that sent them there. They freak out, and fight back when they ask for the jewelry. That in turn, leads to the assault.

McCoy seems to have taken the necessary steps to make sure that he doesn't put himself in a position to get in trouble. I think McCoy should be given the benefit of the doubt on this. I'm not saying the women are trying to set him up and create a bad name, but I do think in their state of mind, I understand WHY they would believe McCoy sent the guys. In a heat of moment, less than 24 hours from an assault, people often aren't thinking clearly.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Instagram "model". All that needs to be said. Sorry, but I am not buying into McCoy organizing violence to deal with an ex.

She either set it up herself or an overzealous fringe member of his crew did it on spec.

Ugh, can it be September and this mess is behind us? Regardless if he's innocent or not he is being treated like he is guilty. I'm sorry, but a multi millionaire superstar NFL player is not going to do something so stupid and sloppily.

If he DID do it,then he will accordingly he arrested, punished and sent to prison to never play again and I would be all for it. But this reeks like a Brian Banks part 2 Case. Violence against any person is deplorable be it against a female, child or a fully grown muscular athlete. I need more facts and McCoy is innocent until proven guilty.

Have you forgotten Rae Carruth?

I'm not saying that McCoy had anything to do with this. But, even superstar athletes can become frustrated with a situation and do something stupid.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009

I'm not saying that McCoy had anything to do with this. But, even superstar athletes can become frustrated with a situation and do something stupid.

I definitely have not forgotten Rae Carruth, but big difference. One of Carruths motives for the killing is to avoid paying child support. While he was a 1st round pick, he was not that good and would have likely been out of the league by 30, and salaries were nothing like they were now. On the flip side Shady is an elite superstar and very wealthy. Him doing this would be utterly idiotic. He seems somewhat intelligent and him committing a felony robbery to get back jewelry/$$ is counter productive.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I definitely have not forgotten Rae Carruth, but big difference. One of Carruths motives for the killing is to avoid paying child support. While he was a 1st round pick, he was not that good and would have likely been out of the league by 30, and salaries were nothing like they were now. On the flip side Shady is an elite superstar and very wealthy. Him doing this would be utterly idiotic. He seems somewhat intelligent and him committing a felony robbery to get back jewelry/$$ is counter productive.

Just because someone is a rich, talented athlete, that doesn't mean that they can't be driven to the point that they make a stupid decision.

It happens all the time with smarter, richer people.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Just because someone is a rich, talented athlete, that doesn't mean that they can't be driven to the point that they make a stupid decision.

It happens all the time with smarter, richer people.
I'm going to give the guy who told the cops weeks in advance he feared a setup the benefit of the doubt in this situation. Especially since the claims is not only that he setup her beating, but kicked his dog, juiced on roids, and beat his child. Woo.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY

You're not saying he had anything to do with the armed robbery of jewelry he was actively trying to get back from his ex in the house he's been trying to kick her out of for months?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille