Buffalo Bills talk 2018 - Off Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
There's only 1 time you should ever talk to police: When you're reporting a crime or providing additional information for a crime you reported.
And even then I'd be hesitant. The number of times I've had clients call 911, make a report, etc. only to be the one to get arrested themselves.... It all comes down to how much you trust law enforcement I guess :shrug:

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
There's only 1 time you should ever talk to police: When you're reporting a crime or providing additional information for a crime you reported.

hell, don't even do it then

snitches, stitches, etc

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Yea if you have an innocent client, many lawyers would recommend cooperating depending on the situation. Saying otherwise sounds TV-ish. I'm sure its just difference in strategy.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
The idea that nobody with a lawyer cooperates with an investigation is actually hilarious.

shady has nothing to gain here.the assertion is that he set up some goons, and that's pretty much an unfalsifiable claim

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
If you have a famous client, where public perception matters, and going on the presumption they are 100% innocent....not cooperating with police where your ex was targeted and beaten in your home sounds like the no-win decision.

Reactions: stokes84

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
You say "crime that took place in his home" while seeming to ignore that it was released to the public with a horrifying assault image and text that basically accused him of committing the assault, beating his child, beating animals and taking PED's. It's not like a robbery at his house was reported and somebody broke a window but Shady is all lawyered up over it....

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
The idea that nobody with a lawyer cooperates with an investigation is actually hilarious.
There’s literally no positive to it. None. Shadys already guilty in the court of public opinion- that won’t be swayed until a final verdict is given, and not likely even then.

Nobody smart does.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Perspective matters. There was a crime that took place in his home. Normally, you'd want to be the one finding and prosecuting the perpetrator. Honestly, he should be on the offensive.
They didn’t damage the house, did they? Why would he care what happened to her? Doesn’t sound like they have a great relationship. I’ve never got to the point where I don’t care if an ex is alive or dead, but some people get ther if it gets toxic enough.

You’re reaching for a reason to judge him. He has nothing to gain from talking right now. He made his statement that the allegations are baseless. What else can he say?

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
He can clear himeself as a person of interest. What are you all talking about he has nothing to gain. You can argue the risks outweigh that, but he clearly has something to gain.

Imagine you are a suspect. Actually imagine how shitty that would be. Now imagine you are no longer a suspect. You just gained something.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Perspective matters. There was a crime that took place in his home. Normally, you'd want to be the one finding and prosecuting the perpetrator. Honestly, he should be on the offensive.

lmao no it doesn't

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
the people who say public perception matters are the public who desperately want their perception to matter

Reactions: Icicle

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
i literally can't imagine being naive enough about our criminal justice system to have that take

Reactions: Husko

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
innocent people don't exist, just people with varying amounts of dirt on them. And suggesting that these people participate in a process geared toward finding someone to charge, rather than finding reasons to clear them, is ludicrous

Reactions: Husko

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
it's amazing that lawyers even need to get a degree with how simple these matters are

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
basically, don't do anything you aren't compelled to do, and see if you can get around that stuff anyway

if you care about how the media paints you just donate to charity after

Reactions: Baccus

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
apologies for getting salty about this but i've engaged with too many people f***ed over by the system for trying to help

Reactions: vcv and Husko
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad