Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Glad you learned something today then!

And I said nothing about coercing an untruthful confession, but you knew that already. But yes, they can and will do that as well. Do all police do that? No. Do most? No. But when you're being accused of a crime, how do you distinguish between the good apples and the bad? You don't.

Yeah, actually I didn’t learn a thing. However, I appreciate the effort.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
This was reported on June 27. I haven't seen it reported anywhere but The Athletic.
Sources tell The Athletic Buffalo that the Bills have struck a deal with Nexstar Media Group to become the team’s official television partner for the upcoming season in every market except — for now — Buffalo.

The Bills will move to Nexstar in Buffalo (WIVB) in 2 years when their contract expires with WKBW.

The Nexstar partnership puts Bills preseason games and additional regular-season programming in about a million more homes, with stations in Albany, Rochester, Syracuse, Binghamton, Utica, Elmira, Watertown and Erie, Pa.

Bills' new television deal means games will be shown in a...

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
If it's not true McCoy should sue. If true, he's done.
The bolded above must be read in the voice of the late Johnnie Cochran...

This is soooo skeezy. Victim blaming 101.
It's possible for both parties in many criminal and legal matters to be rather crappy individuals.

Eyewitness evidence. Two people with injuries, telling the same story. Like it or not, that is hard to ignore.
>>When people want to frame someone, the smarter conspirators usually agree on the story in advance.

No forced entry. If McCoy’s ex says she locked the doors, how can that be refuted? What credible evidence is there against that? Who gave the means for the perp to enter the home?
>>How can it be proven she locked the doors? When I awake in the morning I often find I forgot to lock a door which I thought I did the prior night...

The perp asking demanding jewelry that McCoy, according to the victim, had asked be returned. Again, the victim is going to beat herself up, or hire someone to do so, and make this up over that when she could just claim the house was burglarized and not go through the pain of getting her ass handed to her.
>>If this is truly only about jewelry, and a false burglary claim is made, and she instead keeps the jewelry, and the jewelry's insurer investigates, and tails her off and on for the next several months, she'll be wearing the jewelry at some point, unless she tries to fence it... That's a bad rat hole to run down.

Like I said, there isn’t enough evidence to arrest McCoy but make no mistake that there is enough to make him a suspect in this incident.
There's probably enough to make McCoy a suspect, but the list has to be a lot longer than the above.

The evidence the perpetrator left at the scene. Its 2018. There will be lots.

McCoy needs to take a leave from Buffalo until the matter is sorted.
Personally, I disagree.
OTOH, any truth to the rumor now that recently-retired Richie Incognito is restoring a vintage white Ford Bronco?

Its easy and common sense I think. McCoy needs to step away until the police clear him. Its not a big deal if he is innocent and shouldn't take more than a few weeks to do it.

I believe in innocent until proven guilty but its just the right thing to do.
Police don't have a primary responsibility to clear people. They are agents of the judicial branch and part of their duties are to aid the district attorney.

This is jail-worthy stuff if the accusations are true, but after reading the tweet, it’s hard not to think there’s some sketchiness to it.

They kept quiet about his child abuse and animal abuse, but this is going too far? When an adult gets hurt?

And this all the day before she’s supposed to go to court about the eviction matter that he would have likely won... Idk, something’s off here.
Again, it's very easy for me to believe many people on both sides aren't model citizens. Whomever inflicted the injuries should be punished, assuming it was not a conspiracy / scam.

Yes they do, they always do. Every single person they think could have something to do with it they investigate them until they are cleared or guilty. Do they, or do they sometimes, if not often, stop when they get something they think will stick / get a conviction?
They even say it. They say we would like your DNA so we can clear you. That doesn't mean it's the primary motive.
Sometimes they even announce when they have cleared someone in the news. Magicians show you the ball under the cup part way through the cup shuffle too, just to make you think it's on the up and up.
If you would like I can provide you many links showing you.

When someone is murdered and there is DNA they go to the family and say look we don't think you did it but please provide your DNA so we can clear you. That is exactly how it goes. Regardless of how it's couched in word or action, they are trying to identify potentially guilty people, not confirm the exclusion of the innocent. Why not swab the checkout clerk at the store on the other side of town? Hint: because that person is not a suspect.

Based on my professional experience, this is a very overly optimistic view of law enforcement. Maybe being a press case they step up their game, but my impression is that most cases involve very little "investigation" at all. Law enforcement is good at running down a theory and finding evidence to support it once they have one. But genuinely investigating to figure out what happened? Meh. We win cases all the time because NYPD is too lazy (or intentionally negligent?) to collect what would be dispositive video.

In terms of "can we get your DNA to clear you?" If a client of mine was told that I certainly wouldn't advise cooperating. Sounds like something they say to a suspect. In fact, as a matter of practice, any time the People seek to compel my client to give DNA, we oppose the motion, no matter how innocent we think our client is.

I'm not too high on us ever knowing what really happened here. If they ever track down and arrest the actual intruders, maybe he implicates or exonerates McCoy. Otherwise, I see this going quite unresolved.
Always remember the US Appellate Courts have upheld the practice of rejecting for hire law enforcement applicants who score too high on an intelligence exam on the grounds those hires, potentially bored in their future jobs, will quit the force, thereby wasting the expenses of training them.

Of course Richie knows the whole story...he's an NSA agent.
He's perfect, because he's incognito.

There's a good chance the intruders or their vehicle were caught on video. That neighborhood is going to have a lot of security cams.
Yep. Lots of McMansions and "estates" in that area.

If he was your client, you wouldn't know only what we know publicly. You'd have his side of the story. That's part of the point.
(and)

Yeah, maybe he should just say it's fake news and that the Georgia police are corrupt and out to get him. Seems to work.
In a high profile case such as this with land mines and prior history on both sides, you shut up and let the talking be through the (competent) attorneys.

There's only 1 time you should ever talk to police: When you're reporting a crime or providing additional information for a crime you reported.
Or saying "no" to their incessant (unsolicited) fundraising phone calls.

Perspective matters. There was a crime that took place in his home. Normally, you'd want to be the one finding and prosecuting the perpetrator. Honestly, he should be on the offensive.
oj-simpson-paroled-shirt-continue-looking-for-real-killers-tee-large.png

it's amazing that lawyers even need to get a degree with how simple these matters are
Used to be many states didn't require a JD to sit for the bar exam...

He's required to cooperate in the investigation conducted by the league per the terms of the CBA. Lack of cooperation was one of the reasons cited for suspending Brady. He's going to have to answer questions if he wants to play in the NFL.
He should be highly motivated to cooperate with the NFL.

Police can arrest you if they suspect you of a crime? I was always under the belief the police had to have probable cause to arrest someone. My understanding is they just can't hold you in custody beyond a certain duration without formally charging you. And, even if they legally can't do it, that doesn't mean it doesn't still happen in certain instances because not all citizens know the law and permit it to happen.

And, I was unaware police could lie to produce an untruthful confession. Again, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I did, however, know the police could lie and be deceitful as long as it didn’t produce an untruthful confession.

And, I was ESPECIALLY unaware that the police did not have to give all information, regarding a case, to the District Attorney’s Office. And there are similar requirements for full disclosure to the defense. But that doesn't mean it happens. In fact, some jurisdictions have had decades-long inculturated (sp?) withholding of evidence by the DA to the defense. Google "Connick v. Thompson"and the opinions by the SCOTUS. The travesty in the ruling (I think - I am not a legal expert) was the legal standing for the appeal was a single case as opposed to (somehow) aggregating a series of disclosure abuses to show a systemic, pervasive abuse by the Orleans parish DA's office.
See replies comments in bold above.

Will Thurman Thomas remain the only current/former Bills Running back with >10,000 career NFL rushing yards and no criminal convictions? (OJ... Marshawn... you're up next Shady)

I want to be clear I am not anti-law-enforcement because some of my comments above may read that way. I have extended family & spouses who are both active and retired law enforcement.

Last edited:

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Over under set at ....? I think 7 is a reasonable guess.

Honestly, 7-9/8-8 would be a huge success with this current iteration. Our OL sucks and we literally lost 3 of our starters who are also 3 out of the 4 best OL. Shady is entering his year 30 season though I still expect a top 5 RB season from him. It's the QB and WRs that hold us back. Benjamin and Zay Jones as the top 2 wideouts is very weak especially with Allen or McCarron under center. Peterman should never start again except for injury.

Luckily good coaching can overcome shortcomings at many positions. Unfortunately QB is not one of them. And this is not a bash at Allen, in fact I've made my peace with the choice and expect him to become a playoff caliber QB. Just not this season.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Timeline: What we know about the domestic violence allegations against Bills RB LeSean McCoy

The explosive allegations levied against Buffalo Bills running back LeSean McCoy on Tuesday, July 10, began a hectic day of updates. McCoy’s estranged girlfriend, Delicia Cordon, was assaulted and robbed in a home owned by McCoy in the early morning hours. With new information coming every hour, social media posts being deleted, and statements made by police and attorneys, it’s time to reset the coverage.

Here is a complete timeline of what we know so far:

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
"No longer certain." Well, if you were certain in the first place, then you wouldn't need to backpeddle. Certain, being the key word here. Thus, she wasn't certain to begin with.

Not sure if we can project her shitty attorney's words on her. Did I mention this attorney should stop talking?

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Running back rankings: Ezekiel Elliott tops backfield renaissance

The running back position is having a renaissance. The group atop the position is deeper and more dynamic than any the NFL has witnessed since the LaDainian Tomlinson-led mid-aughts. Finding a matchup nightmare on passing downs is all but a requirement for modern offenses.

So how does this current crop of running backs shape up? Before training camp gets rolling, here's a look at the best 32 running backs heading into the 2018 campaign. The rankings should serve partly as a snapshot of the position, and partly as a projection. These are the players I'd most want on my roster for this season, rookies excluded.

LeSean McCoy

RB
Bills

It's strange to remember a time when the rap against Shady was that he couldn't handle a big workload. While he still occasionally gives away yardage in search of "SportsCenter," McCoy has evolved into one of the most durable runners of this century, able to improve the players around him.

2017 stats: 16 games | 287 carries | 1,138 rush yds | 4.0 avg | 6 rush TD | 59 rec | 448 rec yds | 2 rec TD

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
More “minor” changes could still be coming to kickoff rules

The NFL may not be finished fiddling with kickoffs.

According to Kevin Seifert of ESPN.com, the league said there may be additional changes to this year’s new rules about kickoffs, which they’re trying to make safer.

A league spokesman said any additional changes would be “minor,” but the fact they’re still adjusting just before training camp starts is still a bit startling.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
AFC East training camp preview: Key players to watch

Training camp is quickly approaching, which means it's time to preview the most exciting part of the summer. With camps opening later this month, Jeremy Bergman, Herbie Teope, Nick Shook and Marc Sessler are examining the key issues for each team in this division-by-division series. Here's the AFC East camp primer:

Buffalo Bills

Training camp report date: rookies and veterans (July 25).

Most important position battle: The entire offense? Where to begin with Buffalo? The Bills celebrated their first postseason berth in nearly two decades this offseason by ... losing nearly every valuable offensive piece, willingly or not. Buffalo traded Cordy Glenn to Cincinnati for draft ammo, and two of the Bills' longest-tenured leaders on the offensive line, Eric Wood and Richie Incognito, retired -- or, in Incognito's case, retired. Tyrod Taylorwas shipped to Cleveland for a pick. Behind Kelvin Benjamin, the wide receiver room is a smorgasbord of unproven young'uns (Zay Jones, Brandon Reilly) and veteran journeymen (Jeremy Kerley, Andre Holmes). LeSean McCoy is the one true mainstay, and now he's not even assured to start the regular season on the active roster, as the league is reviewing information pertaining to an alleged domestic violence situation. Buffalo is potentially entering the 2018 season with the league's worst position group at three offensive positions (QB, WR, OL), and nearly every slot in the starting XI is up for grabs. Gulp.

Newcomer to watch: LB Tremaine Edmunds. Aside from Josh Allen (more on him in a sec), Edmunds is the most exciting fresh face in Buffalo's locker room. After moving up to snag Allen seventh overall in the draft, Buffalo used its bounty of picks to also trade up for Edmunds at No. 16 overall, a sign the front office was smitten with his talent during the draft process. Those good feelings have bled into the preseason. Early indications are that Edmunds will start at middle linebacker come Week 1, flanked by Lorenzo Alexander and Matt Milano. Edmunds will be replacing Preston Brown, who, after four fruitful seasons with Buffalo, joined Glenn with the Bengals. In replacing Brown, who never missed a game, Edmunds will have to establish himself quickly as a young leader and volume tackler in the middle of Sean McDermott's defense, akin to what the second-year coach had in Carolina with Luke Kuechly. According to one fellow defender, Edmunds is already there.

Looming camp question: Who is the starting quarterback in Week 1 -- and does it matter?Presenting: AJ McCarron, Nathan Peterman and Josh Allen, in the most lukewarm quarterback competition in recent NFL history! Angling to replace the departed Taylor, the members of the trio have six combined career starts (including the postseason), nine touchdowns and eight interceptions between them -- and no one has the upper hand heading into camp. With the most experience and a shiny new contract under his belt, McCarron was thought to be the favorite to win the job. But reports from OTAs and minicamp pegged Peterman -- he of five first-start-first-half interceptions -- to be the most serious contender to begin the season under center. Buffalo appears to be slow-playing Allen's development, but it's not out of the realm of possibility that the Bills give their first-round pick a shot to start early on, or, at the very least, a preseason game. But in what is likely a rebuilding year for the Bills, what does it mean for a quarterback to be named the Week 1 starter? Buffalo's long-term QB situation will likely remain unresolved even heading into September. Plus, the Bills aren't playing to win two months from now; given the structural state of their offense, they're playing to win two years from now. This battle could last all season, and then some.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
NFL Owners Guide: How owners made their fortune

Ever wonder about the men and women at the top of your favorite NFL franchise? The MMQB's NFL Owners Guide gives you everything you need to know

It’s one of the most exclusive clubs in America: NFL ownership.

But who are the men and women behind your favorite franchises?

The MMQB tells you everything you need to know—where they went to school, how they made their wealth, how they spend that wealth in the political arena and more.

Note: All political donation data via Federal Election Committee.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad