Buffalo Bills talk 2018 - Off Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
I guess it depends what you mean by cooperating, but it's not like even if he talks to the police he can clear himself of things they haven't even finished investigating yet.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
You’re right, what do I know?

Dude, you were talking about writing papers for law school like a year ago. It's pretty obvious that you've never had a public client like McCoy. If the biggest thing your client has to lose is jail time, then you are 100% correct. Jail is only part of the equation for McCoy. So maybe don't be a dick?

Baccus

Feb 18, 2014
If he goes to jail, it kind of cancels out all other parts of the equation.....

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
"Your recent legal education actually undermines your legal opinion vs mine as a regular guy" is a hell of a take, stokes

Reactions: Husko

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
It is okay to not have an intricate understanding of how this process works but to laymansplain to an attorney is poor form

Baccus

Feb 18, 2014
And if he doesn't have anything to hide, he probably shouldn't have a criminal defense lawyer representing him at this stage.

That's a take and a half. "you've had the nerve to hire a lawyer when you've been accused of assault, beating your child, beating your dog and taking PED's, clearly you have something to hide!"

I mean wtf...

15 years working in litigation. Thanks.

This makes it more wtf...

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
There’s literally no positive to it. None. Shadys already guilty in the court of public opinion- that won’t be swayed until a final verdict is given, and not likely even then.

Nobody smart does.
As far as his legal troubles go, yes.

As far as his job goes, maybe, maybe not. Him refusing to cooperate could make any league or team punishment worse.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Waiting for "worked in litigation" to boil down to paralegal shit incidentally

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
And if he doesn't have anything to hide, he probably shouldn't have a criminal defense lawyer representing him at this stage.
Holy shit, what?

If you are being accused of or are a suspect in a crime, you should have a criminal defense lawyer.

Also, don't talk to police.

Reactions: Baccus

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Dude, you were talking about writing papers for law school like a year ago. It's pretty obvious that you've never had a public client like McCoy. If the biggest thing your client has to lose is jail time, then you are 100% correct. Jail is only part of the equation for McCoy. So maybe don't be a dick?
I’m a felony certified public defender that has represented literally hundreds (thousands?) of clients facing criminal charges and have done and won several hearings and trials. No, I was not writing law school papers a year ago. I know a thing or two about this. No need to put me on blast because my experience contradicts your narrative.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Reasons to co-operate if fully innocent:

To clear yourself and to avoid being a suspect which is not great.

Public perception

Avoid NFL punishment, because you better damn believe not coperating is punishable.

There's three reasons. And thinking co-operating with police is laughable, is a take a fraction of criminal defence attorneys will have. Its obviously much more nuanced than that. I'm sure some of my friends who are criminal defence attorneys would agree with Husko. But, it is pretty unreasonable imo

Baccus

Feb 18, 2014
Reasons to co-operate if fully innocent:

To clear yourself and to avoid being a suspect which is not great.

Public perception

Avoid NFL punishment, because you better damn believe not coperating is punishable.

There's three reasons. And thinking co-operating with police is laughable, is a take a fraction of criminal defence attorneys will have. Its obviously much more nuanced than that. I'm sure some of my friends who are criminal defence attorneys would agree with Husko. But, it is pretty unreasonable imo

There's literally no way for him to clear himself when there's no charges as of now and the investigation is ongoing.

I get what you're saying, and yes, he has an interest in clearing his name as per your other 2 points, but currently, he should have a lawyer and not speak to anybody about anything.

But hey, different stokes84 for different folks I suppose :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad