Buffalo Bills talk 2018 - Off Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I'm going to give the guy who told the cops weeks in advance he feared a setup the benefit of the doubt in this situation. Especially since the claims is not only that he setup her beating, but kicked his dog, juiced on roids, and beat his child. Woo.

Trust me, I am not jumping to any conclusions about this whole situation.

I could see this playing out a bunch of different ways. All I'm saying is that I wouldn't completely rule out McCoy being involved in some way with what happened.

There is a reason why the significant other is a primary suspect in a situation like this.

Reactions: Husko and Reddawg

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Trust me, I am not jumping to any conclusions about this whole situation.

I could see this playing out a bunch of different ways. All I'm saying is that I wouldn't completely rule out McCoy being involved in some way with what happened.

There is a reason why the significant other is a primary suspect in a situation like this.

I never ruled him out?

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Police can arrest you if they suspect you of a crime? I was always under the belief the police had to have probable cause to arrest someone.

And, I was unaware police could lie to produce an untruthful confession. I did, however, know the police could lie and be deceitful as long as it didn’t produce an untruthful confession.

And, I was ESPECIALLY unaware that the police did not have to give all information, regarding a case, to the District Attorney’s Office.
Glad you learned something today then!

And I said nothing about coercing an untruthful confession, but you knew that already. But yes, they can and will do that as well. Do all police do that? No. Do most? No. But when you're being accused of a crime, how do you distinguish between the good apples and the bad? You don't.

Reactions: Icicle

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Since I have unfortunately seen more of this type of behaviour than I ever wanted to --both the violent assaultive behaviour and on the other hand complainants inflicting injuries to create alleged punishable behaviour (in police/arrestee situations and in divorce/custody situations -I will not give any opinion. But it seems to me that a key piece of evidence with respect to motive and identity inferred from motive is the ownership of the jewelry. That would not be definitive but since McCoy says the jewelry was not his to give then the owner has an interest. Of course McCoy may have told her it was a gift. These "he said..she said" cases are difficult to deal with especially when there is both the current climate- usually referred to as "#me too " and by others as "women good men bad" and the fact we seem to have a complainant with great animus earlier pointed out to authorities who is looking at a great loss of wealth and status if McCoy successfully separates her from his life.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
And he decides that the day before she’s to appear in court where he likely wins the eviction case is the best time to act on this?
Apparently the court date had been delayed, but I have seen no information on when it was delayed. The timing of that seems important.

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
I mean, once she's evicted he loses the easy access to her and her stuff while she's at home, right?
So he risks his career, and more importantly—his freedom, for some borrowed jewelry...

If the evidence shows that he’s undeniably guilty, then get the f*** off my team, out of the NFL, and enjoy your stay in prison. Child and animal abuse, too? f*** that guy.

But something feels off about this story, and I’m not buying it just yet.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
So he risks his career, and more importantly—his freedom, for some borrowed jewelry...

If the evidence shows that he’s undeniably guilty, then get the **** off my team, out of the NFL, and enjoy your stay in prison. Child and animal abuse, too? **** that guy.

But something feels off about this story, and I’m not buying it just yet.
I mean, a master criminal wouldn't do it...a rational person wouldn't do it, but we're talking about a guy with a history of making poor decisions that didn't even approach being well thought-through.

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
I mean, a master criminal wouldn't do it...a rational person wouldn't do it, but we're talking about a guy with a history of making poor decisions that didn't even approach being well thought-through.
Welp, there it is, folks: he’s guilty. Lock him up; case closed!

Next!

Edit- can you elaborate on the “history of bad decisions” comment? All I’ve found so far is that he allegedly sprayed some women with a “beverage” (champagne, I mean come on) on a party bus, and left a $.20 tip for which he claimed was for bad service.

Last edited:

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
I’m not saying it has anything to do with the situation, but she’s got a history of being untruthful and has a history of issues with not paying her rent. According to her review she has a history of scams.

It doesn’t mean she’s lying but it does put into question whether we should believe her whether or not McCoy is involved
There is no way McCoy’s defense would try to introduce her past rent-dodging as evidence. This is about assault, not an eviction. If anything, her past rent issues only strengthens McCoy’s motive to have her assaulted.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
There is no way McCoy’s defense would try to introduce her past rent-dodging as evidence. This is about assault, not an eviction. If anything, her past rent issues only strengthens McCoy’s motive to have her assaulted.
I wouldn’t be so sure. It’s certainly fair game for impeachment. And I could even see it being used as direct evidence to show her motive to lie (to stave off eviction). Only reason the defense wouldn’t seek to use it is if they’re afraid tactically it would make them look bad to bring it up. At first glance my instinct would be to use it for impeachment, though, if it was me.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Without saying if McCoy is guilty or innocent, there is a big difference between accusations and bringing someone to court. To get Shady into court they have to have some proof. At this point, they have to catch who broke in, and then make the connection between that person and McCoy. Suspicions and rants from the victim's lawyer aren't proof of anything.

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
I wouldn’t be so sure. It’s certainly fair game for impeachment. And I could even see it being used as direct evidence to show her motive to lie (to stave off eviction). Only reason the defense wouldn’t seek to use it is if they’re afraid tactically it would make them look bad to bring it up. At first glance my instinct would be to use it for impeachment, though, if it was me.
You’re not going to impeach a complaining witness by showing that she failed to pay rent. You will only prove motive that McCoy had to assault her by proxy.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY

TheStorm

Sep 15, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA
Verbal abuse and derogatory statements towards staff at a restaurant - www.philly.com/philly/blogs/phillygossip/PYT-owner-responds-to-LeSean-McCoy-20-cent-tip.html

Publicly advertising a "females only" party - LeSean McCoy Advertises a Private, 'Females Only' Party in Philadelphia

Bar fight with two off-duty Philly police officers - LeSean McCoy sued by off-duty police officers over Philadelphia bar fight
I thought McCoy was cleared of any wrongdoing in the bar fight. Seems like it was more the cops fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad