Status
Not open for further replies.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Buffalo Bills: Josh Allen receives a solid grade on his debut

AFC preseason Week 1 grades: Sam Darnold, Andrew Luck shine

Buffalo Bills: Josh Allen, QB. The rookie gunslinger certainly teased Bills fans with flashes of his arm talent and athleticism during an up-and-down debut performance. Allen connected on 9 of 19 passes for 116 yards and a score on a variety of laser-like tosses that showcased his A-plus arm strength. However, he also showed the inconsistent accuracy and decision-making that plagued him during his collegiate career. Grade: B-

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Allen gets more 2nd-team reps; Zay Jones and Jason Croom continue to impress

For the second day in a row, Bills’ rookie QB Josh Allen was primarily with the second-team offense throughout the entire day of practice. Whether or not that’s an indication Allen will be seeing extended playing time with anything other than the third stringers in Friday night’s preseason game remains to be seen. But with just two practices remaining before the team heads off to Cleveland to face the Browns, it’s beginning to look like the first rounder may get an earlier look than the second half, which is when he came into the game last Thursday night against the Carolina Panthers.

Nathan Peterman, who fell on his right shoulder on the very last play of Sunday afternoon‘s practice, worked with the third-team offense Monday, while A.J. McCarron, who appeared to injure his lower right leg about midway through that same session, got the first-team reps.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
McCoy's ex sues RB over home invasion, attack

Delicia Cordon, the ex-girlfriend of Buffalo Bills running back LeSean McCoy, filed a personal injury lawsuit Friday against McCoy and his former University of Pittsburgh teammate Tamarcus Porter in connection to a July 10 home invasion in which Cordon was beaten and robbed of jewelry.

No suspects have been named in the criminal investigation of the attack, which took place at an Atlanta-area home owned by McCoy where Cordon was living at the time. A spokesperson for the Fulton County (Ga.) district attorney's office did not immediately respond Monday to a request for comment.

The civil lawsuit, filed in a Fulton County court, alleges that McCoy should be held financially responsible for Cordon's injuries because he had previously changed the security codes to the home and refused to provide them to her. As such, Cordon's suit argues that McCoy "breached his duty to use ordinary care to protect Plaintiff from dangerous activities being conducted at the Residence."

The lawsuit does not directly accuse McCoy or Porter of conducting or ordering the attack against Cordon but argues that McCoy had "actual and constructive knowledge of criminal activity existing on the property on July 10, 2018" because Porter had previously told police he could watch a live feed of security cameras in the house.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
McCoy's ex sues RB over home invasion, attack

Delicia Cordon, the ex-girlfriend of Buffalo Bills running back LeSean McCoy, filed a personal injury lawsuit Friday against McCoy and his former University of Pittsburgh teammate Tamarcus Porter in connection to a July 10 home invasion in which Cordon was beaten and robbed of jewelry.

No suspects have been named in the criminal investigation of the attack, which took place at an Atlanta-area home owned by McCoy where Cordon was living at the time. A spokesperson for the Fulton County (Ga.) district attorney's office did not immediately respond Monday to a request for comment.

The civil lawsuit, filed in a Fulton County court, alleges that McCoy should be held financially responsible for Cordon's injuries because he had previously changed the security codes to the home and refused to provide them to her. As such, Cordon's suit argues that McCoy "breached his duty to use ordinary care to protect Plaintiff from dangerous activities being conducted at the Residence."

The lawsuit does not directly accuse McCoy or Porter of conducting or ordering the attack against Cordon but argues that McCoy had "actual and constructive knowledge of criminal activity existing on the property on July 10, 2018" because Porter had previously told police he could watch a live feed of security cameras in the house.

I’m not a lawyer, but this reeks of desperation. The timing is also weird. If there were any hope of criminal charges being filed, you’d think they would wait until that happens to strengthen their case. Instead they argue McCoy and his friend are liable because they denied her access to a security system? I wonder if there is any legal requirement for them to provide access. Seems like her attorneys have to PROVE he had reason to believe a crime was going to be committed. Lots of people live in homes without security systems.

Can’t imagine the league takes action until actual evidence that implicates McCoy Is found.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dingo44

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

Bills RB LeSean McCoy named in lawsuit filed by ex-girlfriend

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) - Buffalo Bills running back LeSean McCoy has been named in a new lawsuit filed by his ex-girlfriend.

In the lawsuit, filed in the State Court of Fulton County, Georgia, Delicia Cordon claims she is the victim of multiple crimes and has suffered significant damages.

The court documents can be read below:

Last edited:

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Good luck with that!

Edit: wtf are there exhibits to the complaint. Is that common in a NY case, seems very odd in a negligence case. My only guess is it’s for the public, but these attorneys don’t seem to be playing that game well...

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Good luck with that!

Edit: wtf are there exhibits to the complaint. Is that common in a NY case, seems very odd in a negligence case. My only guess is it’s for the public, but these attorneys don’t seem to be playing that game well...
McCoy's case is in GA, not NY.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
NFL preseason winners and losers: Rookie QBs define Week 1

Going up

Buffalo Bills fan morale: After a rough offseason stuffed with criticism for Buffalo's lackluster moves on offense, the preseason opener had to be soothing. Allen wasn't the only Bills draft pick to catch my eye, with third-round defensive tackle Harrison Phillips building on a big camp with a sack. He looks headed for starter snaps. 2016 first-round pick Shaq Lawson looks like a different player with 20 pounds off.

Last year's solid defense looks deeper at every level, especially with rookie middle linebacker Tremaine Edmunds running the show. Most importantly, the Bills' offense already looks more diverse schematically under new coordinator Brian Daboll than it was a year ago. Nathan Peterman and AJ McCarron both moved the ball well and found open receivers. Contract-year receiver Kelvin Benjamin might be ready to roll, making a few terrific plays in the opener. None of this changes the uphill battle the offense faces, but it's worth remembering that this coaching staff did a nice job maximizing its players' strengths on defense a year ago. Perhaps the offense won't have to do that much.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Ive never done civil practice, much less in Georgia, but from my limited federal experience and law school civil procedure class, that smacks of failure to state a claim.

Reactions: Freeeeedom

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Just read the complaint and saw that! I’d be shocked if this isn’t dismissed pretty early on

It is amateurish, unclear, and the legal theory that McCoy’s breach of duty was the cause of any harm seems inadequately pled.

Agreed. Not to mention the obvious superseding cause (the actual alleged assaulter). Granted torts was not my strong suit in 1L, but pretty sure there's no duty to protect from the criminal acts of a 3rd party. I don't remember exactly what the duties of a property-owners are to trespassers/social guests/tenants, but I don't recall the duty ever being more elaborate than providing things like adequate outdoor lighting and functioning locks or notice of known dangers.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Agreed. Not to mention the obvious superseding cause (the actual alleged assaulter). Granted torts was not my strong suit in 1L, but pretty sure there's no duty to protect from the criminal acts of a 3rd party. I don't remember exactly what the duties of a property-owners are to trespassers/social guests/tenants, but I don't recall the duty ever being more elaborate than providing things like adequate outdoor lighting and functioning locks or notice of known dangers.

You are right! So the general rule is there is no duty to protect others from third party (or criminal acts). The most common exception (this will be phrased differently for each state) is essentially when (1) there is a special relationship between the parties, for example landlord and tenant or school and child and (2) the harm is foreseeable.

So a good example is a hotel that knows it has a known dangerous parking lot and fails to keep it lit. The issue in this McCoy case is of foreseeability. It doesn’t appear pled. It may be different to survive a motion to dismiss, but would become very (extremely) problematic at summary judgment.

So that’s the element of duty. Breach could also be problematic at summary judgment. The main issue on the motion to dismiss is causation, as it’s just not pled.

(I only remember lots of this as I clerked after law school and had a third party criminal act negligence case!)

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
It's def a reach. Interesting nonetheless. If, say he did not provide a key to a back door to his co-habitant, which resulted in her inability to flee a situation, that could maybe be argued. Saying that not allowing access to available security is a stretch, but is in a way somewhat similar.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
You are right! So the general rule is there is no duty to protect others from third party (or criminal acts). The most common exception (this will be phrased differently for each state) is essentially when (1) there is a special relationship between the parties, for example landlord and tenant or school and child and (2) the harm is foreseeable.

So a good example is a hotel that knows it has a known dangerous parking lot and fails to keep it lit. The issue in this McCoy case is of foreseeability. It doesn’t appear pled. It may be different to survive a motion to dismiss, but would become very (extremely) problematic at summary judgment.

So that’s the element of duty. Breach could also be problematic at summary judgment. The main issue on the motion to dismiss is causation, as it’s just not pled.

(I only remember lots of this as I clerked after law school and had a third party criminal act negligence case!)
If there’s dirt under the rug that McCoy doesn’t want to see the light of discovery this could be a good way to force a settlement

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
There’s not even a duty for cops to protect citizens lol. What a sham case

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Wide-open battle to determine backup roles for Bills at tight end

Outside of starter Charles Clay, there is no one on the Bills’ depth chart at tight end who has cobbled together any sort of NFL résumé, but perhaps that’s about to change this season.

Nick O’Leary, Logan Thomas, Khari Lee, Jason Croom, and Keith Towbridge are in the mix for what will probably be two backup spots on the 53-man roster, perhaps three based on how much each candidate contributes to special teams.

Those five players have a combined 40 career NFL receptions for 547 yards and three touchdowns, and for clarity, O’Leary is responsible for 32 catches for 473 yards and two scores. So, do the math. The other four have eight catches for 74 yards and a TD.

Flimsy résumés aside, tight end has been one of the most interesting positions to watch in training camp because Thomas, Croom and Lee, in particular, have all made noticeable strides, while O’Leary, a serviceable backup to Clay the last three years who’s not really all that impressive as a receiver or blocker, appears to have taken up residence on the bubble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad