Buffalo Bills talk 2018 - Off Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Buffalo Bills training camp day 15: Josh Allen, Corey Coleman moving up (7 observations)

Pittsford, N.Y. -- Things didn't go as planned Tuesday for the Buffalo Bills, but coach Sean McDermott was able to squeeze in a late afternoon practice after getting rained out in the morning.

Rookie quarterback Josh Allen remained with the second-team offense for the second straight day. Nathan Peterman rotated to the first team and A.J. McCarron fell back to third-team reps.

The Bills went through a 90-minute practice, and most of the team drills were run-heavy or meant to work on the short passing game. There were still a few takeaways.

Watch for Josh Allen and Corey Coleman with second team vs. Browns
Marcus Murphy may be passing Travaris Cadet
Taron Johnson seeing more action
Injury updates
Nick O'Leary spot may be in danger
Robert Foster flashes the goods
Rafael Bush continues to work in the big nickel

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
The Latest: Bills GM tells AP team continues to back McCoy

ATLANTA (AP) — The Latest on Buffalo Bills running back LeSean McCoy’s eviction proceedings against an ex-girlfriend (all times local):

6:40 p.m.
Buffalo Bills general manager Brandon Beane tells The Associated Press no “legit evidence” has come to light in a lawsuit filed against LeSean McCoy to change the running back’s status as a member of the team.

Beane reiterated what he said at the start of training camp last month by saying he foresees McCoy being in the Bills lineup to start the regular season.

Last edited:

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Joe B: 7 observations from 2018 Buffalo Bills training camp - Day 15

(WKBW) - And here we are again. On the second-to-last day of training camp, the Buffalo Bills had to postpone their 8:45 am practice over seven hours due to an all morning and afternoon rain. Finally, at 4:00 pm, the Bills hit the field in a lighter practice as they continued preparations for the Cleveland Browns.

And while the Bills didn't follow the way the quarterback rotation seemed to be heading, what they did on Tuesday was an important signal nonetheless.

What stood out at Tuesday's practice? Seven observations from Day 15 of Bills training camp:

1) Josh Allen with the twos again
2) Groy vs. Bodine update
3) A glimpse into life without Charles Clay
4) Rookie Neal getting second-team time by default
5) Undrafted pass rusher continues his push
6) Dawkins playing with confidence
7) Notable change on the top kickoff unit

Day 15 MVP: Dion Dawkins

- The starting left tackle is playing with tons of confidence and had two easy victories in one-on-ones versus Jerry Hughes and Terrence Fede.

Day 15 LVP: TE Nick O'Leary

- The tight end, who is now likely fighting for a roster spot, looked a bit slow in his movement and also dropped a pass. He needs a big preseason.

Up Next: Day 16 -- the last practice -- on Wednesday, August 15 at 8:45 am. It's also Pirate Day.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
You are right! So the general rule is there is no duty to protect others from third party (or criminal acts). The most common exception (this will be phrased differently for each state) is essentially when (1) there is a special relationship between the parties, for example landlord and tenant or school and child and (2) the harm is foreseeable.

So a good example is a hotel that knows it has a known dangerous parking lot and fails to keep it lit. The issue in this McCoy case is of foreseeability. It doesn’t appear pled. It may be different to survive a motion to dismiss, but would become very (extremely) problematic at summary judgment.

So that’s the element of duty. Breach could also be problematic at summary judgment. The main issue on the motion to dismiss is causation, as it’s just not pled.

(I only remember lots of this as I clerked after law school and had a third party criminal act negligence case!)

I don't know how you survive a motion to dismiss when you've completely neglected one of the elements of the cause of action. The only thing in there that looks well-pled enough to survive a MTD (unless plaintiff files an amended complaint) is the IIED claim. But then again, I'm not a torts guy, nor am I intimately familiar with Georgia law.

I feel you on remembering things you worked on for a judge, though! I interned for a federal judge last spring, and I will always remember far more about 1983 claims and federal habeas than I will ever need to know lol.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Coleman will play Friday

Pittsford - Corey Coleman will play on Friday.

He's just not sure how much.

Coleman has only been with the Bills for just over a week. It's not easy learning a new playbook. "If you can learn an NFL playbook, you're pretty smart," he said with a laugh. "I don't think people understand how complex a playbook is."

The good thing is Coleman is getting plenty of help. Nathan Peterman takes extra time throwing with him and going over plays. The wide receiver room has also been beneficial.

"There's no selfish receiver in there," Coleman says. "They're asking me questions. I'm asking them questions. That's one thing I really, really like about the locker room. Everyone is so nice and so helpful."

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
4 position battles to watch on the Bills defense right now

Bills defensive coordinator, Leslie Frazier, has been generally pleased with the work his defensive unit has accomplished in this training camp. A lot of the starting roles are locked up at this point, but there are a few that are still there for the taking with three preseason games still on the schedule.

Frazier provided an update on a couple of the position battles and where things stand with a couple of key rookies.

1. DEFENSIVE END
2. WEAKSIDE LINEBACKER
3. NICKEL CORNER
4. BACK-UP MIDDLE LINEBACKER

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Who ever they pick I hope a starting QB is named prior to the last pre season game. No need to prolong it and I'd like our starting QB to get familiarity with shady zay benjamin etc. Swapping McCarron and peterman back and forth is not going to help.

cramdizzl

cram it
Jan 5, 2012
Western NY
Day 15 MVP: Dion Dawkins
- The starting left tackle is playing with tons of confidence and had two easy victories in one-on-ones versus Jerry Hughes and Terrence Fede.

Day 15 LVP: TE Nick O'Leary

- The tight end, who is now likely fighting for a roster spot, looked a bit slow in his movement and also dropped a pass. He needs a big preseason.

Apparently last years draft class has never heard of a sophomore slump. Love the way Dawkins and Tre White are impressing and further entrenching themselves. Even Zay looks like he may take a step forward.

I was initially disappointed to see O'Leary falling behind, but now I'm pretty sure he's just being outpaced by more athletic tight ends who have finally developed NFL skillsets. O'Leary was decent when pressed into action, maybe the coaches believe that Thomas/Lee/Croom can be more than decent.

Also, thank you for the continuous updates Corner. Appreciate your effort.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY

Talk about salt in the wounds....

puking-gif-16.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad