Buffalo Bills talk 2018 - Off Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheStorm

Sep 15, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA
Liked what I saw from the offense. I know it's the third string D but it's still disheartening to see them not be able to stop anything. Also cut Foster.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Agree with this. I'll add on that I was pleasantly surprised by his willingness to stand in the pocket when it wasn't totally clean, and for the most part he was keeping his eyes downfield. The absolute mess of the 4th down play and the missed throw to McCloud were pretty bad, but it wasn't as if every single throw was horribly off target.
He likely would've had 3 TDs if Foster wasn't a complete chump. I'd be happy to see him with the 1s in pre-season-- even if he doesn't start for the year.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Peterman: "Always Things to Learn From" (2:54)
QB Nathan Peterman discusses his performance against the Carolina Panthers in the first preseason game of 2018.

Allen: "I Love this Game Even More" (4:24)
Bills QB Josh Allen spoke to the media following the team's game against the Panthers. Allen discussed what it was like playing in his first professional game and what he learned from his performance.

McCarron: "I was Proud of the Guys" (1:58)
Bills QB AJ McCarron spoke to the media following the team's preseason opener against the Panthers. McCarron discussed the team's rotation at quarterback and shared his thoughts on his play in the game.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
That one pass Allen completed before the TD where he was flushed out of the pocket was some big boy shit. Very impressive. I can see why some GMs were in love with this kid.

It was only against 3rd stringers, but Allen certainly did show some flash. No doubt in my mind 1-2 of those bombs are completed if the WRs play it right. The one where th WR stopped running was embarrassing.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
What are people's impressions of Edmunds last night? I know Phillips got a sack. I think this kid is going to be a fan favourite.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I'm glad Petterman is getting some love from the media. I think this has the makings of a classic NFL story. People will keep reminding him of his 5 interception debut. But in the NFL it is not how you start, it is the road, and the road can be long and there is a lot of time for redemption.

Say it again, I like this kid. I hope he wins the starting job. I thought he was the best QB yesterday, instant chemistry with Benjamin.

Reactions: Dingo44

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
I'm glad Petterman is getting some love from the media. I think this has the makings of a classic NHL story. People will keep reminding him of his 5 interception debut. But in the NHL it is not how you start, it is the road, and the road can be long and there is a lot of time for redemption.

Say it again, I like this kid. I hope he wins the starting job. I thought he was the best QB yesterday, instant chemistry with Benjamin.

Would love to see him on skates.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I said it when he was signed and still hoping Ivory is a cut candidate. Murphy runs so hard and has much quicker feet, I like Cadets versatility too, give those 2 the backup jobs. Ford is really intriguing too, but very raw, would make for a solid developmental PS player.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
It’s only a bad decision if you don’t have the arm and confidence to make the throw! Good QBs make that throw.
I might not like him forcing that throw in the 1st but down in the 4th it’s nice to know he can thread it when needed

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
All eyes on the quarterbacks in Bills preseason opener

ORCHARD PARK, NY - So far in training camp, no quarterback has separated himself over the others. But now that preseason games are here, maybe that will change.

Nathan Peterman got the start in the Bills preseason opener against the Panthers and he was impressive. He was perfect on their first drive and completed all nine passes then capped off the drive with a 28-yard touchdown pass to Kelvin Benjamin.

Their chemistry was huge to see. This is just what Peterman needed given he hasn't had the best camp. He has not built off the strong mini camp he had in the spring but he came out firing in Thursday's game.

He completed nine of ten passes for 119 yards, a touchdown and interception.

Then A.J. McCarron took over and was solid as well. After getting sacked on his first play, he bounced back and completed seven of ten passes for 116 yards. I expect him to start in next week's second preseason game at Cleveland given the quarterback rotation and McCarron and Peterman keep splitting reps with the starters.

Rookie Josh Allen came in to start the second half which I was happy to see. Earlier in the week, head coach Sean McDermott said they were bringing Allen along slow but nothing is more valuable than game experience and that's exactly what Allen needs.

We saw that inconsistency factor and low completion percentage. He only completed nine of 19 passes for 116 yards and a touchdown but we also saw his biggest strength. He showed off that cannon of an arm. The very first play he threw a 60-yard bomb down the sideline. Granted it was out of bounds but so impressive. That strength is a huge reason the Bills drafted him 7th overall.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Quick Hits: Rotation at QB will continue

Coming out of Thursday night’s preseason game, head coach Sean McDermott was generally pleased with the performance. With the focus of the fans squarely on the quarterback competition, McDermott offered his position on where things stand coming out of the game.

“I think all three of those guys raised their game. That’s good to see. The competition tends to do that,” he said. “The good part is all three of them played well, so it makes my job tougher.

Battle at center a dead heat
Team must make jump going into Cleveland game

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
I said it when he was signed and still hoping Ivory is a cut candidate. Murphy runs so hard and has much quicker feet, I like Cadets versatility too, give those 2 the backup jobs. Ford is really intriguing too, but very raw, would make for a solid developmental PS player.
It took about two plays for it to be evident that Ivory's upside this season is the worst of Mike Tolbert.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
I'm pretty sure McCarron will be the starter by the time the season starts....if Peterman impresses in preseason at this point i'm just get Luke McCown vibes where he stinks it up the second the regular season starts.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
I think Murphy should be the 2 back too... he actually makes me think of shady, just undeveloped. Ford reminds me of karlos williams the way he runs, no mention of the Williams probs here. i don't think he's ready yet so practice squad. cadet would be a better 3 even than ivory. dude should retire. No hate to him I just don't think he's an NFL level baller anymore

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Joe B: 7 observations from 2018 Buffalo Bills training camp - Day 12

(WKBW) - Less than 24 hours after the first preseason game of 2018, the Buffalo Bills returned to the practice field in Orchard Park for Day 12 of training camp. Although they had to practice without some players that had been injured against the Carolina Panthers, we saw the return of some others to practice and even team drills.

On Friday, we also learned how the Bills are approaching the quarterback position following the first preseason game.

What stood out? Seven observations from a relatively light day of practice:
1) The QB rotation rages on
2) Zay Jones works in with the first-team on first team drills
3) Corey Coleman gets a bump up in team drills
4) Shaq Lawson flaunts his newfound skill yet again
5) Jerry Hughes took over team drills
6) Nick O'Leary's interesting placement
7) Trent Murphy gets back on the field

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events