Buffalo Bills Talk 2017 part 2 (9-7): Next - The Offseason with First Round Picks at 21 & 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Do we really think the browns and giants will not take the 2 big guns? cant see either moving off a qb
Well we need a QB so its the leagues job to accommodate us, we all know if we had the #1 pick we would definitely have no problem moving it for anything if a team needed them as bad we did...

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
I don't like Darnold or Rosen enough to go all in on them, but if the Bills do, I couldn't be mad at them trying

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
If the Colts decide to go QB at 3 and trade Luck, what would you give for him? Thinking like a Brees 2005 move

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
I think we need talent on the D-line, LB and secondary enough that I want to take advantage of so many high picks. Outside the top 2 QB's, I dont feel its worth blowing all those picks for the 2nd Tier QB's.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Last thought, but the Bills could have really used Robert Woods in Zay's place today

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Does anybody know where Hornibrook is slated to go? dont follow the predraft stuff much but I've always like the eyetest with him.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Again, let's break out the time machine to last year and 2015 where Woods and Tyrod had a strong relationship and were routinely able to connect for 5-10 yard gains

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
you we should probably talk about what Robert Woods would have brought to this game.... thats a topic with some meat on it

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
I am by no means a football expert. Obviously happy that the Bills made the playoffs and think McDermott has done a great job.

What do people think will happen at QB? Tyrod is definitley not the kind of QB this staff wants. Peterman throws the ball a way a ton and not sure they are ready to rely on him. Who is our QB next year?

Do we try and draft the fifth or sixth QB next year in the draft and get a few other starters? Does Kyle Williams retire? Who is back next year and who is gone from our team?

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
I am by no means a football expert. Obviously happy that the Bills made the playoffs and think McDermott has done a great job.

What do people think will happen at QB? Tyrod is definitley not the kind of QB this staff wants. Peterman throws the ball a way a ton and not sure they are ready to rely on him. Who is our QB next year?

Do we try and draft the fifth or sixth QB next year in the draft and get a few other starters? Does Kyle Williams retire? Who is back next year and who is gone from our team?
Probably have to hope a QB they like drops to them and then go for a bridge QB who better fits the west coast style.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Tyrod’s offense managed 3 pts. Zero TDs and 1 INT.

The big WR we acquired so that we could “go for it”. Benjamin. What did he finish with, 1 reception?

This should be the end of the Tyrod Taylor debate, and the end of the Tyrod Taylor era.

He’s a mediocre QB with above-average scrambling ability and below-average passing ability. He is clearly not the one who will lead us to the next level.

Didn't he literally lead the Bills to the next level his year?

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Again, let's break out the time machine to last year and 2015 where Woods and Tyrod had a strong relationship and were routinely able to connect for 5-10 yard gains
Back when teams didn't have nearly enough film on Taylor to complete dimantle him, like they have for the last 2 years? Yeah that'd be great. Unfortunately, any competent coach can scheme to neutralize a below average starting QB with extreme limitations.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Back when teams didn't have nearly enough film on Taylor to complete dimantle him, like they have for the last 2 years? Yeah that'd be great. Unfortunately, any competent coach can scheme to neutralize a below average starting QB with extreme limitations.

Is it your contention that the light bulb for "all other teams" finally went off this past offseason and that the change in coaching staff is an irrelevant coincidence?

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009

ideal: Bills trade up to 8-15 range to pick QB of the future without spending all their draft capital. Keep TT or acquire comparable caliber vet for backup/placeholder if Q isn't ready

buffalo pessimism: Bills stand pat, trade TT, acquire downgrade vet qb who fits Dennison's system, draft QB in 3rd or 4th

The rest of the roster is tough to gauge. I don't expect any cornerstone players to leave. Kyle will stay for one more as a rotational guy imo

Lessavyfav

Aug 2, 2010
I think Taylor's record when trailing by 4 points and games where he has over 30 attempts paints an accurate picture. He had skill position players such as Watkins, Woods, Goodwin, Clay, and McCoy and still struggled when he had to play from behind. The guy is just a bottom tier starter that needs to play on a stacked team to have a shot at the Superbowl.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Define "lead"

If you mean he was the QB and by default, led us to where we ended up, then sure. E.g., Trent Dilfer.

If you mean literally any other definition, then no. No he did not.
Can you make Tyrod a good QB Mr.Meeseeks? Surely it can't be more difficult than helping Jerry reduce 2 strokes from him golf game.

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
Just remembered that the Bills will have a rematch with the Jaguars next season (since all four AFC East teams play all four AFC South teams next season). That game will be at the Cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad