Buffalo Bills Talk 2017 part 2 (9-7): Next - The Offseason with First Round Picks at 21 & 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
at least 1 lb, dt, guard
and a QB

am I willing to say screw to a top 60 pick at lb dt and guard for a qb? If it takes the 2 1sts and a pick next year probably yes, I guess my hopes would be that a 1 + 2 this year and a 1 next year, then trade down from 22 to pick 4 times in rounds 2 and 3 this year

QB, CB, LB, Oline, DT
then another LB, DT in FA
snag 2 RBs in the 4th-6th rounds
try to afford to run Benjamin, Mathews, Jones, Thompson at WR

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Is it your contention that the light bulb for "all other teams" finally went off this past offseason and that the change in coaching staff is an irrelevant coincidence?
Light bulb suddenly went off? No. Again, teams watch film and learn tendencies. Tyrod had a good 1st year, teams watched the film and learned his strengths and weaknesses and quickly came up with a gameplan to neutralize him. His coach and coordinators have changed and that effects things, as does the step down in talent he's had to work with. It's all a factor. It's not all on Dennison. Tyrod has been shitty. There's no sugar coating it, so has Dennison. Both should be gone next year.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
I like Kirk Cousins as another option, but IDK if I like him enough to give him $30 million a year and $100 million guaranteed.

VIENNA, Va. (AP) — Kirk Cousins says he is likely to wait until March for any possible negotiations with the Washington Redskins, indicating he would first make the team decide whether to apply a transition or franchise tag on him for the third year in a row.

Appearing at a fan forum aired live on 106.7 The Fan, the local radio station on which the quarterback makes weekly regular-season appearances, Cousins said Friday he believes the Redskins are "all-in" on trying to sign him to a long-term contract.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Jun 9, 2012
I like Kirk Cousins as another option, but IDK if I like him enough to give him $30 million a year and $100 million guaranteed.
what i like best about cousins is that he only costs money and leaves a basket full of picks to rebuild the front 7

on the downside I dont like a ton else about him, Id tag him in that fringe long term option, he can be your guy but come playoff time youll be trying to win in spite of

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Define "lead"

If you mean he was the QB and by default, led us to where we ended up, then sure. E.g., Trent Dilfer.

If you mean literally any other definition, then no. No he did not.

Someone had to lead the offense. In 6 of 9 wins, McCoy had less than 100 yards rushing. In 4 of 9 wins, McCoy had 50 yards or less rushing.

The offense does run through McCoy, but let's not act like McCoy was the reason the Bills won all their games. McCoy had a relatively down year and offensive credit can really only go to McCoy or Taylor.

Bills need a new QB, but to downplay Taylor's achievements in Buffalo is wrong. He's been here 3 years and has a 500 record. Has anyone else done that?

Reactions: brian_griffin

Push Dr Tracksuit

Jun 9, 2012
Someone had to lead the offense. In 6 of 9 wins, McCoy had less than 100 yards rushing. In 4 of 9 wins, McCoy had 50 yards or less rushing.

The offense does run through McCoy, but let's not act like McCoy was the reason the Bills won all their games. McCoy had a relatively down year and offensive credit can really only go to McCoy or Taylor.

Bills need a new QB, but to downplay Taylor's achievements in Buffalo is wrong. He's been here 3 years and has a 500 record. Has anyone else done that?
are we looking for someone to give offensive credit to for the 24th ranked offense? I think id be tempted to give it to the defense

id also say that in 3 years a .500 record doesnt move the needle for 26 other franchises

8 games under 17 points scored (1 game the D took them over 17) 3 games that they didnt break 17 points until they were down 3 scores in the 4th, not really interested in giving anyone credit on the offense

Last edited:
Reactions: is the answer jesus

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I am by no means a football expert. Obviously happy that the Bills made the playoffs and think McDermott has done a great job.

What do people think will happen at QB? Tyrod is definitley not the kind of QB this staff wants. Peterman throws the ball a way a ton and not sure they are ready to rely on him. Who is our QB next year?

Do we try and draft the fifth or sixth QB next year in the draft and get a few other starters? Does Kyle Williams retire? Who is back next year and who is gone from our team?
Peterman should get some slack. He's a rookie that makes quick reads and tries to anticipate throws. He is going to make mistakes as a rookie playing like that.

I kind of feel bad for him.

As for what they do at QB, I think they sell the farm for a QB.

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
Best case scenario at QB is keeping Tyrod and draft his hopeful replacement in the 1st round.

Dumping Tyrod for nothing when there is no current plan nor enough assets to trade for anything close to an adequate replacement is crazy... and I sadly think it's possible.

Even though they made the playoffs, I'm still for a full, true rebuild. But, that's not realistically happening.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
I read somewhere that we are now 3-22 in games that TT has started where at some point in the fourth quarter we face a deficit of 1 point or more.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
I read somewhere that we are now 3-22 in games that TT has started where at some point in the fourth quarter we face a deficit of 1 point or more.
Elite. Sign me up for another year of that. :naughty:. I'll also add the stat the guys mentioned in the post game. Taylor is 2-14 when attempting 30 or more passes and people want this turd back for another year. :help:

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
A lesser talked about option is AJ McCarron. I have no idea if he's any good, but some team is probably going to give him the Osweiller deal to see if he can be their starter.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Best case scenario at QB is keeping Tyrod and draft his hopeful replacement in the 1st round.

Dumping Tyrod for nothing when there is no current plan nor enough assets to trade for anything close to an adequate replacement is crazy... and I sadly think it's possible.

Even though they made the playoffs, I'm still for a full, true rebuild. But, that's not realistically happening.
Thats your best case scenario? I would rather have Schmidt at QB over watching a starting NFL QB fail to throw 100 yards in 3 games in a season. And no, this is not the dead ball era.

Techno Allah

Feb 20, 2008
Amherst NY
I'm satisfied with this season and where the Bills are at. So long Tyrod, wish you the best. Since our opinion matters not on our new qb and draft picks, i'll just be happy with who we get from the draft/free agency. Hopefully Dennison gets canned

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Trading up with Cleveland might not be that crazy. They might not be in love with Rosen or Darnold. They passed on Wentz and regret it. And Josh Allen has a little Wentz to his game. The Browns also have the 4th pick.

Would Cleveland trade out of 1st overall for a slew of picks, knowing it could come at at 4 and taken Allen? A lot less pressure on the QB and the franchise. Personally, if I were the Browns GM, that's exactly what I'd do.

21 and 22 get you to 6th overall. If Beane wants a QB, that's not good enough, since the Jets aren't trading out if 6, and the QB needy Broncos pick 5th. Add in one of the second round picks and Beane can get to 4th overall - and deal with the Browns.

Add in next year's first and Beane could get the top pick. Cleveland gets their QB at 4. They get two more picks in the first and an additional second, then two more firsts in the 2019 draft.

If Beane really likes Darnold, that's the trade I'd pursue. If not, I'd shoot for 4th overall and Allen.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Light bulb suddenly went off? No. Again, teams watch film and learn tendencies. Tyrod had a good 1st year, teams watched the film and learned his strengths and weaknesses and quickly came up with a gameplan to neutralize him. His coach and coordinators have changed and that effects things, as does the step down in talent he's had to work with. It's all a factor. It's not all on Dennison. Tyrod has been ****ty. There's no sugar coating it, so has Dennison. Both should be gone next year.

The last time Tyrod had a suitable offense, he was more than adequate. If there isn't an upgrade available, it's worth pursuing that option.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Trading up with Cleveland might not be that crazy. They might not be in love with Rosen or Darnold. They passed on Wentz and regret it. And Josh Allen has a little Wentz to his game. The Browns also have the 4th pick.

Would Cleveland trade out of 1st overall for a slew of picks, knowing it could come at at 4 and taken Allen? A lot less pressure on the QB and the franchise. Personally, if I were the Browns GM, that's exactly what I'd do.

21 and 22 get you to 6th overall. If Beane wants a QB, that's not good enough, since the Jets aren't trading out if 6, and the QB needy Broncos pick 5th. Add in one of the second round picks and Beane can get to 4th overall - and deal with the Browns.

Add in next year's first and Beane could get the top pick. Cleveland gets their QB at 4. They get two more picks in the first and an additional second, then two more firsts in the 2019 draft.

If Beane really likes Darnold, that's the trade I'd pursue. If not, I'd shoot for 4th overall and Allen.
I could get behind most of these scenarios minus moving up that high for Allen. I don't see Cleveland moving that top pick though, unless Rosen refuses to go there. Indy looks like they'd be a team that could deal their pick. They've got their QB in Luck, they could use a few more key pieces around him.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
It doesnt make sense to me to try and tailor an offense to a mediocre player, I mean why not build the defense around Humber while we are at it.

Reactions: Eichel15
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->