Buffalo Bills Talk 2017 part 2 (9-7): Next - The Offseason with First Round Picks at 21 & 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Screen%20Shot%202017-09-25%20at%201.36.41%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202017-09-25%20at%201.37.03%20AM_0.png

Last edited:

dma0034

Jun 27, 2011
Buffalo, NY
8-8 isn't going to make the playoffs. 0% chance. So in order to make the playoffs they'll have to finish above four of: Raiders, Broncos, Titans/Jags, Steelers/Ravens, and probably Houston too. I don't think this team finishes above Oakland and the Ravens/Steelers. Tennessee looks good too (but I think they'll win the division)

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
8-8 isn't going to make the playoffs. 0% chance. So in order to make the playoffs they'll have to finish above four of: Raiders, Broncos, Titans/Jags, Steelers/Ravens, and probably Houston too. I don't think this team finishes above Oakland and the Ravens/Steelers. Tennessee looks good too (but I think they'll win the division)

The Broncos we just beat, the Oakland team who just lost 10-27 to the Redskins, the Ravens who got blown out 7-44 by Jacksonville, and the Steelers who just lost to the Bears in OT? They're far ahead of us?

dma0034

Jun 27, 2011
Buffalo, NY
The Broncos we just beat, the Oakland team who just lost 10-27 to the Redskins, the Ravens who got blown out 7-44 by Jacksonville, and the Steelers who just lost to the Bears in OT? They're far ahead of us?

You look at one week. Here let's go back a week:

Bills score 3 points. Ravens defense looks dominate. Steelers dominated the Vikings on both sides of the field. And the Broncos destroyed the team with the best record last year.

Don't look at one week; look at the teams

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
You look at one week. Here let's go back a week:

Bills score 3 points. Ravens defense looks dominate. Steelers dominated the Vikings on both sides of the field. And the Broncos destroyed the team with the best record last year.

Don't look at one week; look at the teams

You just reinforced my point. Your predictions about all these teams are crap. Any given Sunday is at play with these teams all being closer together in skill than you're claiming.

Are the Bills going up against a better defense than Carolina this year? That was the bottom-out.

dma0034

Jun 27, 2011
Buffalo, NY
You just reinforced my point. Your predictions about all these teams are crap. Any given Sunday is at play with these teams all being closer together in skill than you're claiming.

Are the Bills going up against a better defense than Carolina this year? That was the bottom-out.

Are we going against a worse offense than Cam's broken arm offense?

Tell you what: let's use this next game as a judgement game. No one is denying Atlanta's offense is elite. Their defense is average too (maybe slightly above average). Bills won't win but is it close? Can this defense put pressure on Ryan enough to keep Atlanta under 30? Because the Bills game plan will be McCoy, McCoy and a little more McCoy. If there is a week to use the option this is it.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
The Bills D will keep the team in most games. I would say ATL, NE x2, and KC are the only near-sure losses. Nothing is a sure win, but there aren't many sure losses.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Are we going against a worse offense than Cam's broken arm offense?

Tell you what: let's use this next game as a judgement game. No one is denying Atlanta's offense is elite. Their defense is average too (maybe slightly above average). Bills won't win but is it close? Can this defense put pressure on Ryan enough to keep Atlanta under 30? Because the Bills game plan will be McCoy, McCoy and a little more McCoy. If there is a week to use the option this is it.
You don't seem to understand that people are arguing with your 0% chance declaration, which is factually untrue, unless you think there is 7 more teams on their schedule that they have literally no chance of beating (and realistically, there are 0 such teams). There are certainly teams we have a very low chance of winning against (*cough* New England), but even there there isn't a 0 percent chance of victory. That's absurd.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Shoutout to Hauschka for nailing all of those FGs, and to special teams in general

Hauschka and Gaines should get game balls, for sure. They were money.

Officiating was inconsistent, but, for once, about equally so for both teams.

I hope anyone on this Board who went yesterday had a good time. Great weather, and an unexpected Bills win!!

10 years from now no one will care about this game. The past 19 years sucked. But today, I was happy to say I'm a bills fan.
My neighbor / contractor around the corner is remodeling my upstairs bathroom. He's from Denver originally, big Broncos fan. He's about 90% done with the job - just some crown, baseboard, and a plumbing service panel blank to put in the linen closet by the tub pipes. I hope he doesn't show up at the house today in a bad mood, as he knows my wife and I are Bills fans. Of course, I could ask him to take a break and re-watch the game with me on DVR...

cramdizzl

cram it
Jan 5, 2012
Western NY
At this point, no game looks out of reach. The teams identified as the best on the schedule before the season, NE and ATL, have both shown cracks. NE's defense looks awful, like worst in the league so far, and ATL has yet to put together a dominant offensive performance against three very mediocre defenses in CHI, DET, and GB. The schedule went from terrible to less-terrible in just a few weeks.

However, I'm still expecting losses to ATL, NE, and OAK until this defense proves it can handle an elite QB.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
This team isn't making the playoffs. I won't say "zero chance", but it's pretty close to it. There's going to be games where you need your QB to throw for 300 yds and a few scores and at this point our offense doesnt look like it has the ability to do that. Our defense will keep us in games and in the end it'll be another typical Bills season where people get their hopes up only to have this team let them down. I'll predict 7-9. Losses to NE x 2, Oakland, KC, Atl, Cincy, Saints, Chargers. Unfortunately this team looks a bit better than I expected going in. Good enough to play themselves out of getting a top QB in the draft and bad enough to miss the playoffs.

Ness

New Age Retro Hippie
Dec 5, 2008
Denver
One week at a time. The Bills will play the Falcons tough - McDermott is well-acquainted with NFC South teams, and Buffalo's defense has already shown they have the potential to be an elite defense (1st in scoring defense, 6th in yards allowed as of today). I had no faith whatsoever that Buffalo would win yesterday, but after that performance, I know they will play the Falcons tough and may even pull off an upset. Atlanta's o-line is a bit banged up, and they are out Vic Beasley and Courtney Upshaw on defense. Should be a very interesting game.

Onslow

Mar 25, 2015
Here and There
One week at a time. The Bills will play the Falcons tough - McDermott is well-acquainted with NFC South teams, and Buffalo's defense has already shown they have the potential to be an elite defense (1st in scoring defense, 6th in yards allowed as of today). I had no faith whatsoever that Buffalo would win yesterday, but after that performance, I know they will play the Falcons tough and may even pull off an upset. Atlanta's o-line is a bit banged up, and they are out Vic Beasley and Courtney Upshaw on defense. Should be a very interesting game.

They're gonna need to get something out of the running game to beat Atlanta.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
I still don't expect to even be .500, but I am encouraged by:
- Excellent D performance out of some average talent
- Willingness to adjust the offense so quickly. They played more to Tyrod's strengths this game.

If they can draft a good QB next year, I will be very confident in the team's future.

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
I still predict 5-7 wins.

I don't understand why people thought Denver was an unwinnable game. Siemien is not good. Classic sandwich game situation for them, also.

cramdizzl

cram it
Jan 5, 2012
Western NY
Denver might be the most quality opponent they've beaten since the Packers in 2014, the last time they had a good defense. You could argue the Colts home opener in '15 or the Brady-less Patriots, but they really haven't come by many wins over opponents with winning records in the past few seasons. That was a good start for this regime at the very least.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I think they can go 8-3 or 7-4 before they play NE.

The lossession could be at kC, at ATL, and oAK. I think they can bear oakland at home and they can beat KC.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
Bills are marching toward 7-9 instead of 5-11.

That being said, I went to the game yesterday and had a blast.

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda
Bills are marching toward 7-9 instead of 5-11.

That being said, I went to the game yesterday and had a blast.

wile I was watching the game I was wondering how many people passed out from heat stroke, no way could I take that kind of heat for that many hours in the sun lol

Castrophy

Feb 26, 2015
Oswego, NY
wile I was watching the game I was wondering how many people passed out from heat stroke, no way could I take that kind of heat for that many hours in the sun lol

Yeah and the stadium ran out of water in the first quarter. It was crazy I couldn't believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->