Buffalo Bills: Offseason - 2019 Schedule Released with NFL Draft Upcoming

Status
Not open for further replies.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
John Brown 2018 Flacco/Jackson splits (not factoring any throws Jackson made in first 9 games):

upload_2019-3-12_18-35-46.png

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Wow. Linemen and linebackers are getting PAID this free agency.

The contracts given to Kwon Alexander, CJ Mosley, Ja’Wuan James really stand out.

$85M for an inside linebacker?! That’s QB money. Mosley is a great LB, but that’s a crazy amount of money for an ILB.

$13M a year for an average right tackle?! James is steady but he’s nowhere near the #1 RT in the NFL (at least in my opinion). He’s good, not great.

And $13M for Kwon Alexander seems nuts to me, especially coming off a severe injury.

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
I like this offseason. Glad we're adding so much to offense in FA. Don't need to be a rocket scientist to know our offense needed way more help than the defense. But this draft is so much better for defensive players than offensive players I think all these FA additions mean we'll feel a little less pressured to reach for an offensive player at 9.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I like this offseason. Glad we're adding so much to offense in FA. Don't need to be a rocket scientist to know our offense needed way more help than the defense. But this draft is so much better for defensive players than offensive players I think all these FA additions mean we'll feel a little less pressured to reach for an offensive player at 9.

I think I'd still be pissed off if they go D at 9 unless it was something miraculous like Bosa dropping.

These UFAs have all been good solid additions without handing out any stupid contracts - which is exactly what you hope for. But IMO there's no real star player there. And outside of Morse nothing guaranteed to be long term.

At this point I'm pulling for OL/TE. Still want Jonah Williams at 9 or drop back & get both OL/TE early. Hell maybe still take a WR with pick 3 if one of their guys drop - then sort out the logjam later. I'd also get a RB somewhere along the line.

The O was so bad last year - they need to throw everything at it IMO. I'm with Husko on this.

The D was one of the best in the league as a group last year & they haven't lost anyone aside from Kyle Williams.

Reactions: Husko

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Really happy with FA. Use the period to bolster depth and add one or two key pieces, then use the draft for signature players.

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
I think I'd still be pissed off if they go D at 9 unless it was something miraculous like Bosa dropping.

These UFAs have all been good solid additions without handing out any stupid contracts - which is exactly what you hope for. But IMO there's no real star player there. And outside of Morse nothing guaranteed to be long term.

At this point I'm pulling for OL/TE. Still want Jonah Williams at 9 or drop back & get both OL/TE early. Hell maybe still take a WR with pick 3 if one of their guys drop - then sort out the logjam later. I'd also get a RB somewhere along the line.

The O was so bad last year - they need to throw everything at it IMO. I'm with Husko on this.

The D was one of the best in the league as a group last year & they haven't lost anyone aside from Kyle Williams.

I feel you, I'd prefer offense too. I just googled "NFL draft big board" and the first 3 links I clicked on had 5 of the top 20, 5 of the top 20, and 4 of the top 20 as offensive players. I'm happy if we get who we want at 9 and it's an offensive player I'm just saying I think if our front office is too dead set on "it must be an offensive player at number 9" it could lead to a reach and a mistake pick.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I feel you, I'd prefer offense too. I just googled "NFL draft big board" and the first 3 links I clicked on had 5 of the top 20, 5 of the top 20, and 4 of the top 20 as offensive players. I'm happy if we get who we want at 9 and it's an offensive player I'm just saying I think if our front office is too dead set on "it must be an offensive player at number 9" it could lead to a reach and a mistake pick.

That's exactly why a lot of people are calling for the Bills to move down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad