Buffalo Bills: Offseason - 2019 Schedule Released with NFL Draft Upcoming

Status
Not open for further replies.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Feliciano is a nice get for depth. I like how Beane is also shopping the next tier during this period. Mine as well get a jump while people are drooling over the top guys.

Grab me a pass rusher and a linebacker and call it a day.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
The Big Picture With Bills' Aggressive Free Agent Haul | The Draft Network

W4Tix97Y

BY: JOE MARINO - MARCH 13TH, 2019

This is an important offseason for the Buffalo Bills. After enduring two seasons of major roster overhaul in building the team to fit Brandon Beane and Sean McDermott’s philosophies, Buffalo finally had salary cap space at its disposal to be aggressive in free agency. In addition to 10 picks in the coming Draft, Buffalo had over $70 million in cap space, which was the fourth-most in the NFL entering free agency.

The task at hand for Beane was maximizing the assets and get things right around Josh Allen. On paper, things are off to a great start. Let’s examine what Buffalo has accomplished and how it impacts Buffalo’s draft strategy.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

The Buffalo Bills made some big moves on day two of the NFL's legal tampering period ahead of Wednesday's official start to free agency by agreeing to sign wide receivers John Brown (three years) and Cole Beasley (four years). NYUP's Matt Parrino and Ryan Talbot break down the moves and discuss their impact on the 2019 Bills roster.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
NFL Agents Poll: Best, worst spots for free agents

And the Bottom 5:
1. Buffalo, 12 votes
2. Oakland, 11
3. Cincinnati, 8
4. Detroit, 7
5. Cleveland, 6

------

Rust Belt cities in general did poorly in our survey. Cincinnati, Detroit and Cleveland all made the Bottom 5, and Indianapolis, despite having a healthy Andrew Luck and a seemingly upward trajectory on the field, received just three votes for the Top 5. Agents said each city is judged to have a boring nightlife, according to the players. “Weather and [sex] are huge factors,” one agent said.

------

As for Buffalo, the least enticing free-agent destination in the NFL according to our poll, only three agents didn’t have the Bills in their Bottom 5. Weather and a recent history of losing were two big factors, but the city had at least one supporter among the agents polled. “I think they’re turning things around in Buffalo,” he said. “That regime is doing things the right way.”

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Given the asking price there is no way Buffalo trades that. it would be compunded further with the embarassement that they could have drafted him instead of Watkins without trading up.

Efeectivly it would have been

2 1st for Watkins
Watkins for a 2nd
1st in 2020, 2nd 2019 for OBJ
net result is OBJ for 3 1sts.

that would be a public embarrasment

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Connor did just as well as Bell did for the Steelers. Was Bell really that good, or a product of the system?

The Steelers system definitely allows for a lot of production from the RB position. While Conner was definitely a downgrade from Bell, the difference in production doesn't come close to justifying the difference in salary between the two.

I'm echoing the same message that most around the league are at this point, but; If I were a gm I'd draft a RB every year in the 4th or 5th round and never give one a 2nd contract. Ever.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I would’ve been interested in Bell just for the effect he could have on Allen and the passing game. But yeah obviously the contract is going to be ouch in a couple of years.

cramdizzl

cram it
Jan 5, 2012
Western NY
Very interested to see what this does to Tevin Coleman's price. I would love if he was a target, plus he'd be the only RB on the books next year. But I'm probably dreaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad