Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2021 Offseason part IV. Final preseason #3 vs Green Bay 1pm Sat 8/28

Status
Not open for further replies.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Yet, you took their “lack of precision” answer as a cold hard fact, and then when someone comes with a fact check, that also comes with information of those federal agencies not requiring of employees to provide their vaccine status, and you double down.

Their lack of precision could have meant the answer was actually...

Less.

Fact check that.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
It's not. It's only a HIPPA violation if a name or some sort of personal identifying information is released. If the organization is facilitating shots, then the numerator is the shots given and denominator is the total personnel. Organizations like the CDC aren't going out to get shots, they administer on site, just like nearly every government organization.

DoD knows exactly the number and percentage of who got vaccinated, but the medical facilities cannot release the names or PII. Raw percentages of personnel, however, does not violate HIPPA, and it is only release or retained from the public at the discretion of the organization.
Correct, but that is also assuming the vaccines were given by that entity for only their employee population. I still have a few friends who work in the fed gov who were able to get vaccinated quicker outside of their branch due to medical conditions or availability. So if they wanted razor thin percentages it would need to be reported voluntarily by the employee or risk being a HIPPA issue

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Correct, but that is also assuming the vaccines were given by that entity for only their employee population. I still have a few friends who work in the fed gov who were able to get vaccinated quicker outside of their branch due to medical conditions or availability. So if they wanted razor thin percentages it would need to be reported voluntarily by the employee or risk being a HIPPA issue

agree, but I don’t think the number of government employees going to get vaccines away from the agency moves the needle much. Federal agencies are swimming in free vaccine and have been since February. No reason for those workers to go elsewhere.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
agree, but I don’t think the number of government employees going to get vaccines away from the agency moves the needle much. Federal agencies are swimming in free vaccine and have been since February. No reason for those workers to go elsewhere.
I can't speak for those branches but in the branch (non military) I worked in and referenced the people I still know in there, there is a big stigma around it between the soon to be retirees and the younger crowd. There was quite a few that went the civilian route and declined the in building vaccine to avoid confrontation or retaliation, which in itself is terrible.

Also 39 days until camp opens and 56 until live games... This summer crept up quickly

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Those worried about it get vaccinated. Those not choose not to and are responsible for themselves. This isn't hard.

Not to mention he is fully aware his decision can result in fines or even losing his job.

The fact people criticize a man for making his own decisions based on all information and is aware of all consequences is truly baffling.

People need to learn to live with this because it's not going away for the foreseeable future.
I don't agree with the first part. Kids are still unable to get vaccinated and if you are the parent of a high risk child, this has to be a nightmare to navigate and then seeing a, assuming fully healthy, adult make it about himself would send me lunar.

He is fully aware but I guarandamntee that if he was released tomorrow for that reason, he would file a grievance and rely on the PA to help him.

I agree that we shouldn't criticize his choice, he made his choice and that is 100% up to him. The manner in which he did it is probably people's biggest rub.

Agree on this part, at this stage of the pandemic I doubt people are on the fence anymore.

I don't envy GM's that have to navigate this mine field.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I don't agree with the first part. Kids are still unable to get vaccinated and if you are the parent of a high risk child, this has to be a nightmare to navigate and then seeing a, assuming fully healthy, adult make it about himself would send me lunar.

He is fully aware but I guarandamntee that if he was released tomorrow for that reason, he would file a grievance and rely on the PA to help him.

I agree that we shouldn't criticize his choice, he made his choice and that is 100% up to him. The manner in which he did it is probably people's biggest rub.

Agree on this part, at this stage of the pandemic I doubt people are on the fence anymore.

I don't envy GM's that have to navigate this mine field.

Did I miss something in the manner he did it? .. From what I saw it was a post on twitter.. and the message was non-judgmental or confrontational

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

More confrontational than statement put out but he is only being a tool bag because you disagree with his stance

He's being a total tool bag

More confrontational than statement put out but he is only being a tool bag because you disagree with his stance

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I don't care if he gets vaccinated. Other than the competitive disadvantage it creates if we don't reach the threshold, it's none of my business. And other than that factor, I doubt the team cares either. But acting like a petulant child on twitter? Being the laughing stock of the league? Drawing unwanted negative attention on the team? That's the sort of thing McDermott won't want and the reason he could get cut over this.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I don't care if he gets vaccinated. Other than the competitive disadvantage it creates if we don't reach the threshold, it's none of my business. And other than that factor, I doubt the team cares either. But acting like a petulant child on twitter? Being the laughing stock of the league? Drawing unwanted negative attention on the team? That's the sort of thing McDermott won't want and the reason he could get cut over this.

He is aware of the consequences and feels the need to stand up for himself and others in league not in position to do so.

As far as being the laughing stock of the league.. the people laughing at him are also the ones who have been wrong about just about everything since the pandemic started so..I wouldn't put much stock in that

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Did I miss something in the manner he did it? .. From what I saw it was a post on twitter.. and the message was non-judgmental or confrontational
He made made it seem that the vaccine was for protecting himself and his family when in actuality it is about protecting everyone he comes into contact because there is no way he knows everyone's condition in a grocery store. You are obviously bothered by any other stance so I'll just leave it at that.

Hopefully this is the year they can win everything because the next few years will be interesting cap wise, hopefully it sky rockets so we can keep nice things

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
He made made it seem that the vaccine was for protecting himself and his family when in actuality it is about protecting everyone he comes into contact because there is no way he knows everyone's condition in a grocery store. You are obviously bothered by any other stance so I'll just leave it at that.

Hopefully this is the year they can win everything because the next few years will be interesting cap wise, hopefully it sky rockets so we can keep nice things

I'm not bothered by any other stance. I encourage discussion.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Just cut the guy. I firmly believe that he's a good slot receiver but wouldn't be an all-pro if it weren't for Allen and Diggs. We have enough cooks in the WR kitchen to replace him to an acceptable amount and we probably need to start utilizing the TE room more anyways. I said it before and I'll repeat it. I'm pretty conservative and a Catholic and I believe in God and all that but Beasley is just killing any semblance of logic that everyone, regardless of partisanship, should have. He's not going to drop it, he's clearly in a state, and McDermott and Beane have cut talented guys before for becoming distractions. He's become a distraction. Not to mention the odd chance he gets Covid this coming season and somehow gives it to someone else. He's jeopardizing the team by taking the focus away from them and placing it on himself. Let him go.

Reactions: Husko

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Except the franchise QB thinks the same thing. That'll play well.

The franchise QB knows better than to make an ass of himself on social media platforms.

I don't expect anything to come of this for Beas, though, other than maybe a talking to about how he uses social media. He's not the kind of player who's at risk of losing his roster spot if he's not helping the team hit their vaccine % target.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I'm not cool with cutting a guy over all this. Seems rather absurd to me. The guy is simply standing up for himself and others that share similar views , whether you agree with it or not. Didn't we go down this same road with Colin Kaepernick? Oh wait...

Feel like you're comparing two dissimilar things. Kaepernick was standing up for a cause that was legitimately affecting millions of people in this country. Again, this is coming from a pretty tried-and-true conservative. Kaepernick was discussing legitimate issues up that were ending up in homicides. Beasley is arguing about something that is so miniscule and unimportant in the grander scale of things that I think we can all draw a line. There's science and then there's someone's own weird reality. Beasley is defying science. Kaepernick was talking about an issue that was actually taking lives with semi-regularity. I don't think comparing the two is fair.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Although I will say that Kaepernick was also a bad QB by the end, the stats he produced were largely the product of the system he played in, and that he doesn't deserve a tryout unless he changes a position at this point. But what he did initially was much more heroic than the crap our idiot WR is pulling. If Beasley wants to jeopardize the health of our entire organization, he should be treated as an absolute pariah.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
The franchise QB knows better than to make an ass of himself on social media platforms.

I don't expect anything to come of this for Beas, though, other than maybe a talking to about how he uses social media. He's not the kind of player who's at risk of losing his roster spot if he's not helping the team hit their vaccine % target.
Isn't he, though? That extra $5.5 per year for the next two years can be allocated to longer contracts for the anchors of this team. WRs are replaceable, especially slot guys. I don't want to discount what he offers when he's playing, but Sanders can do what he does and I don't think we'll even need to rely on the slot as much with Davis coming into his own. McKenzie isn't a terrible slot guy, either. The focus of the team this year needs to be on winning a Super Bowl. The cost of a guy distracting the team from that message can be significant.

Slangston

Buffalo Sabres
Apr 3, 2003
Western New York
Feel like you're comparing two dissimilar things. Kaepernick was standing up for a cause that was legitimately affecting millions of people in this country. Again, this is coming from a pretty tried-and-true conservative. Kaepernick was discussing legitimate issues up that were ending up in homicides. Beasley is arguing about something that is so miniscule and unimportant in the grander scale of things that I think we can all draw a line. There's science and then there's someone's own weird reality. Beasley is defying science. Kaepernick was talking about an issue that was actually taking lives with semi-regularity. I don't think comparing the two is fair.
The scale is irrelevant, what matters is the message. Beasley is allowed his speech. Besides, if we're speaking on the grander scale there are millions of people out there who will not be taking the vaccine for a variety of reasons. Many of the people I come across seem to have a healthy skepticism of the vaccine. They see themselves as perfectly healthy individuals for the most part, and are not comfortable administering something into their bodies by means of force or coercion. Believe it or not, this IS having an affect on their lives. I think people need to accept that not everyone is going to go along with something just because a select few suggest it's for 'the greater good.' Also, the claims that Beasley is anti-science is a fallacy. What about the many scientists that agree with his stance, are they anti-science?

Last edited:
Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
The scale is irrelevant, what matters is the message. Beasley is allowed his speech. Besides, if we're speaking on the grander scale there are millions of people out there who will not being taking the vaccine for a variety of reasons. Many of the people I come across seem to have a healthy skepticism of the vaccine. They see themselves as perfectly healthy individuals for the most part, and are not comfortable administering something into their bodies by means of force or coercion. Believe it or not, this IS having an affect on their lives. I think people need to accept that not everyone is going to go along with something just because a select few suggest it's for 'the greater good.' Also, the claims that Beasley is anti-science is a fallacy. What about the many scientists that agree with his stance, are they anti-science?

Where are these people you come across that have a healthy amount of skepticism? I also don't know why Beasley has a healthy amount of skepticism about something being injected into his body when he's fine with the painkillers being dosed to him when he suited up for the playoffs.

I just don't run into these people who are skeptical about the vaccine and that crosses a wide swath and I live in NC on the direct border of SC, a place that would normally be considered pretty conservative. The logical people of all backgrounds seem pretty unphased by this. Churches, libraries, local public figures of both parties are all just saying that it's a smart move.

There is no fallacy in calling Beasley anti-Science. He literally is coming out against what science is telling him the best thing to do is. Not just for him but everyone around him.

And who are these many scientists? Dr. John Stockton? I am totally here for calling Fauci an exaggerator or saying that this issue has become politicized, but at the end of the day it feels like a person arguing against statistics and that never works out in their favor. Beasley has a responsibily to his team if he's going to get paid as much as he is to try and do what is best for them. If he thinks it's best for himself to not get vaccinated, I'd rather he not be on the team at all because of the risk it poses. If he's gonna be on the team, I'd rather he not encourage others to do what he's doing because at the end of the day all I care about is winning a Super Bowl. The same cannot be said for Cole.

And a weird addendum I've been more and more considering: What if Allen and co. are just refraining from talking about their own vaccination status because they don't want to have an outward issue with Beasley. There are guys like Feliciano who have defended him but have also reluctantly admitted they are vaccinated. Chris Paul in Phoenix, for instance, was apparenly given the shot but didn't want to ostracize the vocal people against it so he didn't speak up. I'm genuinely starting to believe that Allen got it.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Although I will say that Kaepernick was also a bad QB by the end, the stats he produced were largely the product of the system he played in, and that he doesn't deserve a tryout unless he changes a position at this point. But what he did initially was much more heroic than the crap our idiot WR is pulling. If Beasley wants to jeopardize the health of our entire organization, he should be treated as an absolute pariah.

Kaepernick is a fraud & has likely made a lot more money via the path he chose compared to what he would have made as a backup QB on the wane... But i digress.

It will be a huge shame if Beasley is cut to say the very least. Nobody should act like cutting him wouldn't weaken the team. Beane is paid to put the strongest team out on the field - not to judge people's personal beliefs or morals.

ronzigato

Jan 5, 2006
Ontario
It's unfortunate he went full-on with "God's will" stuff, that's a little too far off the rails. Worried about potential side effects and such? I don't have a problem with someone passing up the vaccine. Not taking it because you've decided that it should be up to your chosen imaginary Deity? Not so sure about that one.

Deevo

Jul 25, 2006
Halifax, Nova Scotia

Imagine you met a person who told you they only consumed dirt for nutrition. They told you they believed that dirt has all of the necessary nutrients for a healthy lifestyle, and refused to eat other foods. You would probably think they were an idiot right? Because it's an objective fact that you need a balanced diet of nutritional foods to live healthily, right? You don't think this person is an idiot because you disagree with their stance, you think they are an idiot because they are objectively wrong.

Vaccines objectively save lives. I don't think Cole is being a toolbag because I disagree with him, I think he's being a toolbag because he's promoting behaviour that is objectively detrimental to community health and safety. That's a fact, not an opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad