Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2021 Offseason part IV. Final preseason #3 vs Green Bay 1pm Sat 8/28

Status
Not open for further replies.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Not Houston, because they would probably do something stupid like give up their 1st rounder for him.

How about Detroit? He can be miserable in more ways than one over there and they desperately need somebody in the secondary. Keeps him far away from the AFC, too.

I don't usaully want players to be unhappy but I never understood the whole "He's just quiet!" excuses people gave for him. In reality, he's arrogant...which is fine but I don't like mistaking arrogance for stoicism.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I don't think they are worried about Star. I think they opened up the capspace w Diggs because they know a new deal is coming in the off-season, so why not do it. It gives them flexibility in case anything ever happens.
I hope you're right. I also hope that Beane isn't relying on a couple twitter vids and a college buddy to evaluate Star's readiness, like the rest of us. It's pretty clear that McD was disappointed in not seeing him at voluntary OTAs. I'm not usually a negative Nancy but not having Star last year was a huge set back. We'll find out todayish.

The cap space needs to be used this off-season or else it's just a handcuff moving forward.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Bills minicamp Day 1 observations: Star Lotuelei, Isaiah Hodgins flashing & more

Love seeing the continued positive reviews about Hodgins. At 6’3”, he adds a dimension to our WRs.

also great to hear the positive reviews on the rookie DEs. Will be interesting when the pads go on.

Allen on Sanders:
“He’s a grinder,” Allen said. “He’s a guy that wants perfection. He got the chance to talk to the team this morning. He had to share his story. But the thing that said that stuck with me, was, `My first year, I went to the Super Bowl and I’ve been chasing it ever since.’
“He’s been to three, he’s won one. But he wants another one. Just the motivation that he has to be here in Buffalo, and the want that he has to be an impact player for us, it’s awesome. He’s going on Year 12 he said, or he’s played 12 years in the league, I think. And for him to come here kind of late in his career, he’s still super explosive. He wants it bad. You can feel it. You can hear it in his voice. And he’s going to be a great teammate for us, and a great player for us and make some big-time plays this year.”

love that he came here to chase a super bowl!

Honestly, for me as a fan, this is the first time entering a season that I’ve felt the Bills were a legitimate super bowl contender since the 90’s.
It’s exciting! And a bit nerve wracking too (because there is such high expectations. It’s been a while...).

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
There is zero way to police masks for unvaccinated fans, so best of luck with that.
I have my doubts these rules will still be in place when the NFL season starts. We're still nearly 3 months away from kick off. Just think how much has changed since March.

Reactions: Buffaloed

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Wildgoose gets into the action
Rookie cornerback Rachad Wildgoose has been quiet throughout spring workouts thus far. But on Tuesday he exploded onto the scene with an interception and possibly a fumble recovery. The fumble in question came from fellow rookie Marquez Stevenson, who made a nice grab along the left sideline and looked to be out of bounds when the ball was forced out. Wildgoose picked it up and the defensive sideline exploded in celebration as he ran it back up the sidelines while whistles eventually stopped the play.
Later in the practice, Davis Webb was in at quarterback. When he let the ball go he likely never saw Wildgoose, who settled in and waited to intercept the pass from Webb before whistles blew the play down as he attempted to run it back.
Bills minicamp Day 1 observations: Star Lotuelei, Isaiah Hodgins flashing & more

I'm hoping Wildgoose makes it for the meme material. I'm sick of giraffes.

wwjRdAyreFGiDO6yRK-tn3qZHPeKkL0CnfrHNqfS0CLzmOfbmsg2y-Pa0Qm8j0Pbs66jdMZ1WhJ5-8-Y1ZgruSBJ-NhhOX7dEWGtASJk65tE7y-Jv1mBJXUG3juQVuJbsRdsVzFnHQCayZ_r2n0lrOGSdqNdvI5fpqY

Reactions: Husko

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I have my doubts these rules will still be in place when the NFL season starts. We're still nearly 3 months away from kick off. Just think how much has changed since March.
I expect the delta variant to cause clusters of outbreaks in the unvaccinated. That could lead to reimposing restrictions or vaccine mandates. It's causing about 5% of the infections in NYC as of last week and 10% nationwide. More people need to get vaccinated.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I expect the delta variant to cause clusters of outbreaks in the unvaccinated. That could lead to reimposing restrictions or vaccine mandates. It's causing about 5% of the infections in NYC as of last week and 10% nationwide. More people need to get vaccinated.
They do, but man- 70% of adults rcving one pluck is an incredible feat, and will have a tremendous impact on curb stomping COVID. By the time we're entering Sept- I'd assume were around 75% (80% if we're lucky) of the adults vaxxed, and probably 60-65% of the entire population vaxxed. That's going to slow this bastard down. No doubt about it. And with more and more researchers having confidence that immunity will not wane quickly- I think we'll be in the clear.

Of course, we need to continue educating the team about how safe and effective these vaccines are. They're willing to sacrifice their bodies and brains to win. Damage that will likely far outweigh anything the vaccine can do to them. So getting plucked once or twice should be a walk in the park.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
“The players association is a joke, Beasley tweeted. “Call it something different. It’s not for the players. Everyone gives me the 98 percent of people who are vaccinated don’t get covid again. The odds of me getting in the NFL and playing for 10 years are lower than that and I’m here.”

I honestly don’t even know what his non sequitur is supposed to mean. Just get the damn shot and shut up. Or don’t, and follow their over the top rules. You’re making millions of dollars to play a game. Don’t like it? Take your ball and go home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad