Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2021 Offseason part IV. Final preseason #3 vs Green Bay 1pm Sat 8/28

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
This is kind of funny. These guys are going to let pride get in the way of making millions.

I’m fine with “my body, my choice”. But actions have consequences. If your choice potentially affects others, that is when it is no longer your choice. The NFL owners need to protect their players and staff. The only way to do that is for folks to get vaccinated. You think the training staff has a choice? I’d bet not.

Enjoy retirement Beasley. Hope you don’t regret it when they win a super bowl without you.

Reactions: Dubi Doo and Husko

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
This is kind of funny. These guys are going to let pride get in the way of making millions.

I’m fine with “my body, my choice”. But actions have consequences. If your choice potentially affects others, that is when it is no longer your choice. The NFL owners need to protect their players and staff. The only way to do that is for folks to get vaccinated. You think the training staff has a choice? I’d bet not.

Enjoy retirement Beasley. Hope you don’t regret it when they win a super bowl without you.

It's a hard argument to support when the US government employees have a choice.

Last I checked half the people at CDC and the FDA weren't vaccinated.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Just to let people know on this board that not only my initial post being understanding of Cole was deleted but me questioning why it was removed post was deleted. I'm positive this will be too. And I know I won't be the only one. Why can't we have a genuine discussion about this mods?

If you see this post congrats, you'll be one of the few lol

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
It's a hard argument to support when the US government employees have a choice.

Last I checked half the people at CDC and the FDA weren't vaccinated.

please don’t get “facts” from social media. That rumor was nonsense. Go fact check it yourself.

Second, that is a non sequitur. No one is telling him he has to get the shot. They are telling him that if he doesn’t get the shot, he will have to play by different rules and get tested. Consequences. Either deal with them or take your ball and go home. This team is very deep at WR and won’t miss him.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
please don’t get “facts” from social media. That rumor was nonsense. Go fact check it yourself.

Second, that is a non sequitur. No one is telling him he has to get the shot. They are telling him that if he doesn’t get the shot, he will have to play by different rules and get tested. Consequences. Either deal with them or take your ball and go home. This team is very deep at WR and won’t miss him.

It wasn't social media. It was a congressional hearing with the heads of the CDC, NIH, and FDA directly asked the question by a US Senator.

And your approach to managing players is outdated. They have rights as well. I go to see the players play, not owners counting their cash.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Beasley is being a complete tool and I fully expect him to end up getting cut over this nonsense.

That is all I have to say on the subject

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
The players do have a choice though… that’s not the point. No one is forcing them to get vaccinated.

It's instead underhanded coercion. The NFL wants to play this game.

Maybe Beasley is an outlier. Maybe not.

Of course everyone always wants the players to shut up and play.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
It wasn't social media. It was a congressional hearing with the heads of the CDC, NIH, and FDA directly asked the question by a US Senator.

And your approach to managing players is outdated. They have rights as well. I go to see the players play, not owners counting their cash.
The hearing was a % guess, as vaccination status is protected by HIPPA and if an employee voluntarily reports it, then fine but if they choose not to, then they are a ghost statistic.

Also, nobody is saying Cole can't play. He can go play and rack up 1,000 yards but in order to do so he has to follow protocols based on his decision. It is an incredibly simplistic stance and if that is your choice, cool I understand but you gotta follow the precautions now.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
The hearing was a % guess, as vaccination status is protected by HIPPA and if an employee voluntarily reports it, then fine but if they choose not to, then they are a ghost statistic.

Also, nobody is saying Cole can't play. He can go play and rack up 1,000 yards but in order to do so he has to follow protocols based on his decision. It is an incredibly simplistic stance and if that is your choice, cool I understand but you gotta follow the precautions now.

He thinks that the protocols are meaningless BS.

I happen to agree with him. They are about coercing players to get vaccinated or get punishment.

This is what West Point is doing right now as well. And you might happily applaud this approach. Just understand not everyone responds well to it.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN

I happen to agree with him. They are about coercing players to get vaccinated or get punishment.

This is what West Point is doing right now as well. And you might happily applaud this approach. Just understand not everyone responds well to it.
The protocols are protocols. Businesses are able to set what protocols they feel are needed to keep their workforce safe (why most buildings don't allow guns in them).

The NFL is a business and we all know it, there is no hiding it. If they set these protocols, then that is what you sign up for when you cash that check. The NFL just lost an incredible amount of money due to the pandemic and I highly doubt they want to risk losing a season again or losing revenue.

I also think it is a bit harsh to say protocols are punishment. Are they encouragement, sure but far from punishment, retaliation, retribution or whatever words people will say to make the NFL look like they are forcing it.

My views are irrelevant to the topic, I have zero say in the NFL or NFLPA matters.

Reactions: Dubi Doo and Husko

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

Seeing as they are requiring a negative test and a week of isolating cadets once they come back from break when they get, for those unvaccinated, Yeah, I’m fine with that.

Of the 36 cadets that are required for this, it seems their fellow cadets are not too thrilled with the actions of their peers.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY

I don't need a stupid "fact check" site. I watched the exchange myself. They were all unwilling to say but Fauci and FDA guy said about half and I think Walensky at CDC declined to answer.

So if the answer was more than half, maybe 60% that is about 50%, especially since they never answered with precision.

Regardless, for how much they say everyone else should be doing it these agencies should be at 90% or more.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I don't need a stupid "fact check" site. I watched the exchange myself. They were all unwilling to say but Fauci and FDA guy said about half and I think Walensky at CDC declined to answer.

So if the answer was more than half, maybe 60% that is about 50%, especially since they never answered with precision.

Regardless, for how much they say everyone else should be doing it these agencies should be at 90% or more.

Yet, you took their “lack of precision” answer as a cold hard fact, and then when someone comes with a fact check, that also comes with information of those federal agencies not requiring of employees to provide their vaccine status, and you double down.

Reactions: Bocephus86

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN

I'll repeat it one more time and then go into the abyss. They cannot know the number with accuracy, it is a HIPPA violation.

Reactions: campmolson19

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I'll repeat it one more time and then go into the abyss. They cannot know the number with accuracy, it is a HIPPA violation.

It's not. It's only a HIPPA violation if a name or some sort of personal identifying information is released. If the organization is facilitating shots, then the numerator is the shots given and denominator is the total personnel. Organizations like the CDC aren't going out to get shots, they administer on site, just like nearly every government organization.

DoD knows exactly the number and percentage of who got vaccinated, but the medical facilities cannot release the names or PII. Raw percentages of personnel, however, does not violate HIPPA, and it is only release or retained from the public at the discretion of the organization.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

Those worried about it get vaccinated. Those not choose not to and are responsible for themselves. This isn't hard.

Not to mention he is fully aware his decision can result in fines or even losing his job.

The fact people criticize a man for making his own decisions based on all information and is aware of all consequences is truly baffling.

People need to learn to live with this because it's not going away for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad