Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2021 Offseason part IV. Final preseason #3 vs Green Bay 1pm Sat 8/28

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Cole is on one hell of a tear. *Looks at dead cap*... Interesting situation we have here.
E. Sanders is a beast in the slot, haha.

I'll take a step back from going too deeply into my opinion of Cole. At this point, I'll just say Im sincerely disappointed in him and his antics.

Really hoping the coaching staff can get some experts and healthcare workers who worked the ICUs to talk to these guys. There's a reason why damn near everyone on my unit took the vaccine. Even the crazy alt right nurse who thought the vaccines may have been tampered with at distribution took it. She's actually a really cool person; just a bit loony, haha.

Last edited:

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015

Cole.... dude. :facepalm:

It’s not fighting against the players to try and protect them (and other team personnel) from a highly contagious and potentially deadly virus that can also have long term health consequences.

Oy vey.

Reactions: Amorgus and kirby11

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
E. Sanders is a beast in the slot, haha.

I'll take a step back from going to deeply into my opinion of Cole. At this point, I'll just say Im sincerely disappointed in him and his antics.

Really hoping the coaching staff can get some experts and healthcare workers who worked the ICUs to talk to these guys. There's a reason why damn near everyone on my unit took the vaccine. Even the crazy alt right nurse who thought the vaccines may have been tampered with at distribution took it. She's actually a really cool person; just a bit loony, haha.

Sadly a lot of them seem lost to the online echo chamber of confirmation. Washington had experts/doctors come in and Montez Sweat said something like "I need more facts" afterwards. No, they gave you the facts, which all scream, "Take the damn shot" (unless a player had some pre-existing health complications that might prevent that). You want confirmation of an incorrect opinion.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Just gonna let Magary say it for me. Beasley is a selfish dick.

Magary: Anti-vax pro athletes deserve to be booed

Magary is pretty gross. He said some things in extremely poor taste that got him to the position he's in now. He also abandoned the writers around him who got called out for it. I think he's probably the funniest writer in sports media, but his act of being holier than thou these days has worn thin.

With that said, yeah we should boo Cole. As has been sad earlier in this thread, though, we have plenty of alternative options if we need to cut him loose. He's a great player but his best year (last year) was more a product of a great scheme and QB than on him. Sanders could take on 85 percent of that role and that's probably still more than we need. Gabe Davis is going to keep progressing as the sideline and red zone threat and Diggs isn't exactly uncomfortable going over the middle. Higgins, McKenzie, etc. can also help fill that role.

I'm probably more conservative than most posters on this board but it's ridiculous at this point as a professional athlete to avoid getting vaccinated. It's even more ridiculous, and pretty much unacceptable in my mind, for a player to vocalize that with no actual evidence while trying to undermine what the organization is trying to do. Sorry, Cole. We can do without your distractions.

MacOfNiagara

Feb 8, 2006
Ithaca
“The players association is a joke, Beasley tweeted. “Call it something different. It’s not for the players. Everyone gives me the 98 percent of people who are vaccinated don’t get covid again. The odds of me getting in the NFL and playing for 10 years are lower than that and I’m here.”
and 100% effective at preventing serious illness (hospitalization) and death.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Unfortunately for those selfish players, the league and union needs to apparently incentivize the players financially, most likely, than rely on setting rules. It seems a lot of the players feel that their "freedom" to decide is being attacked, and for a lot of people that feeling is a lot more important than looking out for those around them, and apparently more important than their health. We need to make it seem they are making the choice on their own. I'm sure if we told them they don't have to pay taxes if they get the vaccine, that they would be lining up to get the shot as soon as they can.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Meh I'd bet players like Cole just aren't confident that there are no long term side effects. Not arguing that there are or aren't. Couple that with the idea of the NFL basically requiring it and these players may feel their voices aren't heard. (No social media marketing? Seems odd.)

I won't boo any Bill for their personal choices. But this is his job and it's a lawful employer ask. He doesn't have to play in the NFL. We don't have to pretend that he's going to infect his whole team if he's not vaccinated but we also have to note that these are employer rules. Choices/consequences

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Yup when it comes to not getting a vaccine, I respect the “I’m not interested in the benefits” reasoning more than the “I’m worried about the negatives.” The former has some logic to it imo, though it’s easily disagreeable.

Im betting most players fall into the latter reasoning though, which just doesn’t have much evidence to support it

Reactions: buffalowing88

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015

I love how competitive Josh Allen is! You could see how bothered he was by just throwing that pitch a little low.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
The Bills need to think outside the box. We all know Brady is getting the ball boys to put some metal in the balls so when he gets magnetized from the vaccine the ball will stick to him more and he will fumble less.

(For clarification I do not actually believe the vaccine makes you magnetic)

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I'm very curious how all of this will shake out. Imagine the fuss when an anti vaxx bills fan gets mad that the NYS made the fans vaccinate to go to the game but not the players.

Personally, I do believe that people can choose not to take the vaccine, but they have to live with the consequence of not taking the vaccine, like continue social distancing, mask wearing, etc, because there are people who the vaccine will be less effective for or not offer my protection.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I'm very curious how all of this will shake out. Imagine the fuss when an anti vaxx bills fan gets mad that the NYS made the fans vaccinate to go to the game but not the players.

Personally, I do believe that people can choose not to take the vaccine, but they have to live with the consequence of not taking the vaccine, like continue social distancing, mask wearing, etc, because there are people who the vaccine will be less effective for or not offer my protection.

just to offer perspective, South Carolina is wide open, has been for a long time, and as of today only 40% of the people here as vaccinated. Go check the SC DHEC website. Everything is going down and has been for a while.

It is completely possible to not get vaccinated and not have to wear a mask or social distance, and not put people at risk. Numbers here don’t lie.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
just to offer perspective, South Carolina is wide open, has been for a long time, and as of today only 40% of the people here as vaccinated. Go check the SC DHEC website. Everything is going down and has been for a while.

It is completely possible to not get vaccinated and not have to wear a mask or social distance, and not put people at risk. Numbers here don’t lie.

I agree with Beasley. It is all Covid theater.

It comes down to how other players feel. The players union is weak though.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Pegulas love wasting money. What's the point of a new open air stadium?

I know Bills in Toronto didn't work well the first time around but if they do have to leave Buffalo can we try the Toronto thing again?

Probably not a completely fair trade but you guys seem to be enjoying our baseball team. You've all been much better hosts than Dunedin (this last series notwithstanding)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad