Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2021 Offseason part IV. Final preseason #3 vs Green Bay 1pm Sat 8/28

Status
Not open for further replies.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
The scale is irrelevant, what matters is the message. Beasley is allowed his speech. Besides, if we're speaking on the grander scale there are millions of people out there who will not be taking the vaccine for a variety of reasons. Many of the people I come across seem to have a healthy skepticism of the vaccine. They see themselves as perfectly healthy individuals for the most part, and are not comfortable administering something into their bodies by means of force or coercion. Believe it or not, this IS having an affect on their lives. I think people need to accept that not everyone is going to go along with something just because a select few suggest it's for 'the greater good.' Also, the claims that Beasley is anti-science is a fallacy. What about the many scientists that agree with his stance, are they anti-science?

Beasley spoke. He’s allowed to speak.

Being allowed to speak doesn’t mean you’re free from consequences.

Im okay with cutting him. Helps the Bills vaccinated percentages and gets rid of the negative attention. WR room is deep enough without him.

Reactions: JThorne

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I can't speak for those branches but in the branch (non military) I worked in and referenced the people I still know in there, there is a big stigma around it between the soon to be retirees and the younger crowd. There was quite a few that went the civilian route and declined the in building vaccine to avoid confrontation or retaliation, which in itself is terrible.

Also 39 days until camp opens and 56 until live games... This summer crept up quickly

what confrontation and retaliation are you referring to? Genuinely interested. In DoD, commanders have received legal advice to not make not getting the vaccine an adverse action. There’s been very little repercussions either way.

The franchise QB isn't making a mockery of himself, the team, the league, and the player's union on social media.

The franchise QB knows better than to make an ass of himself on social media platforms.

I don't expect anything to come of this for Beas, though, other than maybe a talking to about how he uses social media. He's not the kind of player who's at risk of losing his roster spot if he's not helping the team hit their vaccine % target.

It’s his right to post whatever he wants.

Beasley mentioned that many players think the same thing and are nervous about speaking up. I bet he’s getting little pushback from inside the locker room.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
With the league push back on Beane (maybe McD) last month when they talked about cutting unvaccinated players, Beasley may have solidified his spot on the team.

It's a bad look and frankly doubling down on bad pub to cut a long productive player seemingly for his personal health decisions. It will look like they cut him just because he is unvaccinated and that will bring a whole new storm.

Reactions: Onry

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Feel like you're comparing two dissimilar things. Kaepernick was standing up for a cause that was legitimately affecting millions of people in this country. Again, this is coming from a pretty tried-and-true conservative. Kaepernick was discussing legitimate issues up that were ending up in homicides. Beasley is arguing about something that is so miniscule and unimportant in the grander scale of things that I think we can all draw a line. There's science and then there's someone's own weird reality. Beasley is defying science. Kaepernick was talking about an issue that was actually taking lives with semi-regularity. I don't think comparing the two is fair.

Beasly isn't denying Science. The people taking issue with him are.

Reactions: La Cosa Nostra

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
Imagine you met a person who told you they only consumed dirt for nutrition. They told you they believed that dirt has all of the necessary nutrients for a healthy lifestyle, and refused to eat other foods. You would probably think they were an idiot right? Because it's an objective fact that you need a balanced diet of nutritional foods to live healthily, right? You don't think this person is an idiot because you disagree with their stance, you think they are an idiot because they are objectively wrong.

Vaccines objectively save lives. I don't think Cole is being a toolbag because I disagree with him, I think he's being a toolbag because he's promoting behaviour that is objectively detrimental to community health and safety. That's a fact, not an opinion.

Is it a fact, or an opinion, that an MRNA vaccine has never been approved for human use?

Is it a fact, or an opinon, that these covid vaccines are not fully approved and are only authorized under emergency use?

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
what confrontation and retaliation are you referring to? Genuinely interested. In DoD, commanders have received legal advice to not make not getting the vaccine an adverse action. There’s been very little repercussions either way.

It’s his right to post whatever he wants.

Beasley mentioned that many players think the same thing and are nervous about speaking up. I bet he’s getting little pushback from inside the locker room.
The division or branch is not military. It has a stark difference in age between senior and management and workforce. There were people concerned that if they went on site to get vaccinated that they would be looked at in a bad light, so they went to Walgreens on their day off

Deevo

Jul 25, 2006
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Is it a fact, or an opinion, that an MRNA vaccine has never been approved for human use?

Is it a fact, or an opinon, that these covid vaccines are not fully approved and are only authorized under emergency use?

Both facts. Neither of which imply that these vaccines haven't met scientific consensus for safety standards or that they will not be approved once the formal approval process has run its course.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
So many people missing the point with Cole. Nobody is saying he MUST get vaccinated. He’s not even saying anyone is forcing him to vaccinate. What he’s saying is, he wants to get the benefits of a vaccination, i.e. not social distancing and wearing a mask, without getting vaccinated. Which is a petulant, bullshit, crybaby thing to do.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
So many people missing the point with Cole. Nobody is saying he MUST get vaccinated. He’s not even saying anyone is forcing him to vaccinate. What he’s saying is, he wants to get the benefits of a vaccination, i.e. not social distancing and wearing a mask, without getting vaccinated. Which is a petulant, bullshit, crybaby thing to do.

Why would he have to do those things when only 1 measure has been proven effective against Covid? And that is the vaccine.

For theatrics?

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
I don't think we need to turn this into the Covid thread. If you're honestly interested you will find them quite easily.

In relation to Beasly I think he understands risks involved and like all of us has the right to determine what if anything he needs to do or not do to mitigate those risks

You're right. He has that right/choice. And his employer has the right to assess penalties for his choices when they violate league rules.

No one is saying he doesn't have the right to skip the vaccination, regardless of how ignorant that decision may be. But he, and his teammates, are going to have to live with those consequences. Seems pretty selfish to me, but maybe his teammates are ok with him missing the season? I'm sure Isaiah Hodgins is cool with him retiring... more targets for him.

Make no mistake, the NFLPA is acting in the best interest of ALL players by trying to prevent as many players as possible from missing any time due to a covid infection. Imagine if JA missed a playoff game because he contracted an asymptomatic case of COVID and with 90+% certainty, he wouldn't have contracted that infection if he just got a vaccine...

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Posting to edit later...
The hearing was a % guess, as vaccination status is protected by HIPPA and if an employee voluntarily reports it, then fine but if they choose not to, then they are a ghost statistic.

Also, nobody is saying Cole can't play. He can go play and rack up 1,000 yards but in order to do so he has to follow protocols based on his decision. It is an incredibly simplistic stance and if that is your choice, cool I understand but you gotta follow the precautions now.
where I work, vaccinated people don’t have to wear masks if the public case rate is <1/10,000 and >50% of our workforce is vaccinated.

We still have to distance, regardless.

Non-vaccinated have to mask. Vaccinated can still choose to mask.

We stopped testing at work because incident rate in population dropped too low.

He thinks that the protocols are meaningless BS.

I happen to agree with him. They are about coercing players to get vaccinated or get punishment.

This is what West Point is doing right now as well. And you might happily applaud this approach. Just understand not everyone responds well to it.
non-vaccinated people must still mask where I work, although vaccinated may of course choose to mask.

There is no coercion to vaccinate where I work, and there is no means to publicly identify who is or isn’t vaccinated. Your badge is logged ifyou are vaccinated but only to get the numerator for the site percentage

They are in plans to build a new outdoor stadium, that is some big news. I would really like to see what the plan looks like and if they adopt a dumbass seat license policy
As a dumbass, I will happily move to the head of the list.
Why would he have to do those things when only 1 measure has been proven effective against Covid? And that is the vaccine.

For theatrics?
It depends how effectiveness Is defined. For me, a socially distanced person routinely, the vaccine likely is marginally additive. For others, it could be a ten-fold benefit vs behaviors.

Last edited:

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I dunno, there are a bunch of starting QBs I'd put him ahead of plus factor in the injury angle. I am curious if he would or if he would keep him just in case.

If he had any realistic opportunity to start anywhere, then he'd have signed for said team as a UFA.

Trubisky isn't saving anyone's season. Nobody is giving up a valuable asset for a guy they could have got for free a couple of months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad