Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2020 part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I'm so sick of watching hughes take the outside everytime go 5 yards, spin back toward the qb and realize the play has been gone for 2 seconds. Our DE's are not setting edge, if anyone offered anything for Jerry or Trent, I think I would deal them and just run Johnson and Aj and live with the growing pains

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Man, remember a year ago when our defense was good? I know we've had some injuries, but that level of performance just isn't good enough. The offense didn't do great today either, but the D's been off all season.

We could really use a someone like Ted Washington up the middle. I agree signing Jordan the contract he got would have been foolish, but man, our front 4 is being manhandled.

I'm so sick of watching hughes take the outside everytime go 5 yards, spin back toward the qb and realize the play has been gone for 2 seconds. Our DE's are not setting edge, if anyone offered anything for Jerry or Trent, I think I would deal them and just run Johnson and Aj and live with the growing pains

Our DE’s will continue struggling if the interior line keeps getting pushed back.

We’re losing that key battle on the line. Thats crippling our LB’s, CB’s, and Safety’s. It’s a chain effect of pure f***ery.

Reactions: K8fool

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Beane has resources.

Who’s available defensively?

The pretenders out there should start selling soon.

Reactions: K8fool

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Can we end the Tremaine Edmunds experiment now? Star linebackers don't play on defenses like we saw last night.

And yes, the DL is terrible too. Sign or trade for a real DT now or NE is going to do the exact same crap except with Cam as a more mobile threat thrown in as well.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Insta-Graham: Josh Allen again falls against elite QB as Bills defense flounders

An early hope took hold after watching the Bills defense flail around through the first third of the season.

Faith had shifted from the team’s bedrock to Josh Allen. As unusually and alarmingly unsound as the defense was playing, Allen and play caller Brian Daboll had seemed to evolve to the point where they would emerge victorious and bail everybody out.

That optimism is shaken now after back-to-back defeats to teams that reached last season’s AFC title game. Once more Monday, the Bills were forced to play from behind and couldn’t catch up, losing 26-17 to the suddenly run-heavy Kansas City Chiefs.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
For Tua it comes down to OL. If he gets time to throw he is a much better passer than Fitz. There is a reason he was considered a guy that could go #1 overall.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I won't comment on the general game, as others have done so. I will comment on a specific sequence.

Towards the end of the first half, the Chiefs had the ball, up by 3 points with time running out, and were backed up toward their own goal line. The Bills "D" was hoping to force a punt. Turns out after pushing KC back the first two downs, the Bills allowed the first down. (I think by 1 yard, at the near sideline.) So the Chiefs were out of trouble. (I think the Bills forced a turnover after that, further down the field at maybe mid-field, and took a kneel-down to end the half.)

What I want to go back to is the failure to stop the Chiefs on the 3rd down after backing them up on 1st and 2nd. Had the Bills forced a punt, the Bills had a unique opportunity. If they intentionally fair-caught the hypothetical punt (to stop the clock on the change of possession), it may have been a perfect situation to invoke the fair-catch free-kick rule.

The ball must be fair-caught. It cannot be advanced. The subsequent free-kick cannot be attacked or blocked by the defense - they must stay 10 yards beyond the line of scrimmage. A kick holder (2nd player) is used. The down is un-timed, so the kicker can position himself wherever he wishes and take as many steps as he wishes into the kick.

Time clock was running down, which is when you use it - i.e., not enough time to move down the field to attempt a score. If the kick failed I'm 99.99% sure the Chiefs take the ball at the line of the kick. There may have been too much time remaining to attempt such a strategy, but I think it would have been worth the risk. The defense was playing like crap, the Bills had been out-possessed and hadn't been moving the ball well. It would have been an opportunity to tie the game and negate all the woes of the first half on the scoreboard.

I wonder if the Bills coaches are aware of the fair-catch free-kick rule. I guarantee Belichek is.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
This weakens their chances.

Tua may be the future, but they have a better chance of winning more games with Fitz.

Yeah, this looks like a tank move by MIA to improve their draft position. IMO Tua would benefit more from sitting behind Fitz for a year and learning the pro game, more than he will being thrown to the wolves.

I expect Fitz to be re-named starting QB in a few weeks.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Would love it if we brought Fitz in next year to backup Allen. I assume he'll land somewhere with a more direct path to playing time, though.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
I don't know. The Chiefs might have won more games had they started Mahomes as a rookie.
Or he would have been in over his head. Who knows. Just because he looked good a year later after a year of learning and a full offseason doesn’t mean he would have been good in his draft year.

classic football debate between the understudy vs trial by fire.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I don't know. The Chiefs might have won more games had they started Mahomes as a rookie.
?The Chiefs went 10-6 when Mahomes was a rookie.

If the D doesn't improve we are going to make the playoffs as a division winner and get bounced in round 1. Dope and the bullfrogs excuse that all defenses are having trouble is just pure bullshit. Edmunds is clearly not 100% and Milano can not be relied on. We need help at LB, DL and CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad