Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2020 part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
I don't even mind the defense. They did much better than I was expecting. Holding Mahomes to 26 points is a win.

The offense was atrocious. I place the blame completely at their feet.
The weather helped a lot with that.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013

Not that this completely absolves the defence however maybe it gives some context. Hopefully they look better against lessor offences. Obviously they need to be better to win playoff games. The offence wasn't great today either. Coming into the season this game was pegged as a loss and the Titans game probably a coin flip. The next two weeks are important steps towards hosting a playoff game.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
I’m glad to an extent that we have the Jets next week but I always wish we had our bye week so hopefully some things could get fixed. Plus it would fives guys a chance to hopefully heal.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Not that this completely absolves the defence however maybe it gives some context. Hopefully they look better against lessor offences. Obviously they need to be better to win playoff games. The offence wasn't great today either. Coming into the season this game was pegged as a loss and the Titans game probably a coin flip. The next two weeks are important steps towards hosting a playoff game.

"Not great" is putting it mildly for the offense. Very disappointing showing after a down game last week. Poor game from Allen in poor conditions. The offensive line lost the battle again.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Like many in the twitter comments have pointed out. Those teams are up there because they got to play the Bills? Maybe take out the games against the Bills then rank where those offenses would be.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I really wish we knew Star was opting out before we let Jordan walk.

They really need a Jordan Phillips right now. With Ed being so undersized I am worried he won't ever be able to be able to take the 3 down punishment for a whole game.
With smaller defensive linemen you have to beat them with quickness and technique. If you try to play straight up like the Bills have been doing you get buried. They can still be effective if they change their approach. They're lining up as if they still have Star and Jordan.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
For my own sanity, I just have to leave it at this. Going into the season, looking at our schedule...if every one of us was asked the very simple question “would you accept a 4-2 record after Game 6” there isn’t a single person here who would have said “No”.

Next week is a tune up game, and as long as we treat it as such *without* treating it as such, we’ll be 5-2 heading into the first Patriots game. With the Pats playing as bad as they’ve been, we should come out of that 6-2 and be very well positioned to make a run in the postseason.

We’ve just got to get healthy and get back on the game plan. Quickly.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
For my own sanity, I just have to leave it at this. Going into the season, looking at our schedule...if every one of us was asked the very simple question “would you accept a 4-2 record after Game 6” there isn’t a single person here who would have said “No”.

Next week is a tune up game, and as long as we treat it as such *without* treating it as such, we’ll be 5-2 heading into the first Patriots game. With the Pats playing as bad as they’ve been, we should come out of that 6-2 and be very well positioned to make a run in the postseason.

We’ve just got to get healthy and get back on the game plan. Quickly.
well sure. thats the rational outlook. we also arent blind. there are issues that need to get fixed, whether its health or scheme or personell....or age (yikes Poyer this year)

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
well sure. thats the rational outlook. we also arent blind. there are issues that need to get fixed, whether its health or scheme or personell....or age (yikes Poyer this year)
They’ve got Poyer pulling double duty trying to cover the backfield and make up for Milano being out and it obviously isn’t working.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
I also feel like I should single out our offensive line tonight. They couldn't stop Frank Clark at all. Singletary and Moss had basically no running room. Allen was harassed all of the first half...on basically every dropback.

We were out-physicaled on both lines tonight. We got our asses physically kicked.

Second week in row...

Both units look like they've taken a step back from last year, which is troubling given the youth there (Oliver, Ford, Epenesa)

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Second week in row...

Both units look like they've taken a step back from last year, which is troubling given the youth there (Oliver, Ford, Epenesa)
Ford was bounced out with an injury halfway through and Oliver and Epenesa have barely done anything effective for weeks now.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Ford was bounced out with an injury halfway through and Oliver and Epenesa have barely done anything effective for weeks now.

Yeah, Ford has not taken the step I was hoping for, especially with the move inside to guard (which is what I was hoping for)

Member 308457

Blocking and tackling aka down and dirty trench football has always been this team's achilles heel. This is where championships are won. Buffalo is always getting pushed around. We're always too small. Running game has been non-existent this year. QB seems to fold against high quality teams. Beating chumps doesn't add up to being an elite team. We just played two teams whose records add up to 9-1. The two convincing losses in a row are really testing this team's character. We'll see what happens.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
McDermott defended the Bills strategy. He wasn't happy with giving up so many yards on the ground but thinks going all in to stop the pass was the right strategy. That the game was close to the end is McDermott's proof.

Column: Bills not ready for prime time again with awful run D, lack of discipline
"We had a few more pass plays called, we always do," Mahomes told reporters. "Once we saw how deep their linebackers and safeties and corners were playing, we knew that we had the run game. We just stayed with it. If teams are going to play us that way, you’re going to see us running the football and we have the guys can do it."

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Certain the jets would rather give away McClendon than have him end up w us.. Oh they did.. We need to work release some 400 lb guy from prison to replace star so the rest cam look like stars..

Charlie Sheen could be available. He helped the Indians before

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
We’re giving up 28 points a game. :help:

Man, remember a year ago when our defense was good? I know we've had some injuries, but that level of performance just isn't good enough. The offense didn't do great today either, but the D's been off all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad