Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2020 part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
True, so lets look at per game stats.

Fitz: 19/31, 213 passing yards, 1.36 passing TDs, 1.04 INTs, 16 rushing yards, .13 rushing TDs.

Tyrod: 12/20, 138 passing yards, .76 passing TDs, .28 INts, 26 rushing yards, .23 rushing TDs

The more I dive into it, the more I am convinced the only way you can say Tyrod is better than Fitz is if you put a huge premium on not turning the ball over, which is not how I approach things.

You do know you are purposely skewing your numbers also right? You are including 14 Baltimore games where he attempted 35 passes.....TOTAL.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
You do know you are purposely skewing your numbers also right? You are including 14 Baltimore games where he attempted 35 passes.....TOTAL.
I'm using pro football reference's stats per game. I'm not skewing or computing anything. I don't know if they count games started or all games or only games with appearance or what.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I'm using pro football reference's stats per game. I'm not skewing or computing anything. I don't know if they count games started or all games or only games with appearance or what.

Yeah PFR counts games that way, it also counts the week 17 game Allen started last year and was pulled from while the game was tied as a loss for his career record also.

As for Tyrod vs Fitz, they are the same kind of QB at the opposite end of the spectrum. Good enough to make a playofd game if the cards fall perfect though Fitz is the high risk gunslinger while Tyrod is the cautious game manager. Overall I think I liked Tyrod more as he didn't throw game ending INTs when needing a comeback as much as Fitz did. Sadly those 2 are def the best QBs post Kelly thru Allen along with the one year of Kyle Orton and the 2002 version of Bledsoe.

Buff15Sabres

Mar 23, 2017

I'm not skewing the stats personally, I'm just using stats that someone else skewed.

StlSwedes

Dec 3, 2009
We got a glimpse of the ceiling with Josh in the first four games. But we were always going to get a glimpse of the floor as well. KC game shows that he can be bottled up. I do think if the Bills had more of the ball against KC they would have put up more points, but he just wasn't sharp. Team needs to continue to evolve over the course of the year.

Team still has some serious needs on offense and the current state of the defense demands attention too. Let's wait and see the whole picture before we get too carried away but the last two games were a painful reminder of how hard it can be to win in this league.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I kind of feel like he might have asked for his release:

And remember he pulled himself out of the Titans game:

Maybe it was legit foot soreness though. But i believe the titans game was the first game this season that he was scheduled to start in.

IMO it seems like something was going on between him and the Bills.

Must be nice to put a damn house on your wrist

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Can we just point out for the record that Allen's 2 poor showings out of 6 were both multi td pass games? The weather was atrocious for catching the ball last night and several catchable balls were dropped, bounced off helmets etc.

The fact is, Josh Allen is still on pace for a combined 50 TD season.

Oh and since week 6 of last year Josh Allen has...

31 Pass Tds, 6 INTs, 9 Rush TDs and a record of 10-5 (That week 17 Jets game last year should not count PERIOD).

So in his last 15 games he is averaging over 2 pass tds a game, .6 rush td per game and twice as many wins then losses. In those 15 games he also has 3,678 pass yards.

Allen is still a franchise QB. And when he smashes the Jets this week and puts up 4+ TDs will be right back in the MVP discussion.

These last 2 weeks have been the biggest amount of BULLSHIT I have ever seen from the NFL. Tennessee is a disgrace and should have had to forfeit. The fact we had to gameplan for 2 seperate teams during the leadup to week 5 and then Kc got extra rest for week 6 compared to us has me unworried.

The DOLPHINS are in 2nd in the division and think switching to Tua is a smart decision. the afc east 2020 title is ours boys. Will be nice to finally have that banner again.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Can we just point out for the record that Allen's 2 poor showings out of 6 were both multi td pass games? The weather was atrocious for catching the ball last night and several catchable balls were dropped, bounced off helmets etc.

The fact is, Josh Allen is still on pace for a combined 50 TD season.

Oh and since week 6 of last year Josh Allen has...

31 Pass Tds, 6 INTs, 9 Rush TDs and a record of 10-5 (That week 17 Jets game last year should not count PERIOD).

So in his last 15 games he is averaging over 2 pass tds a game, .6 rush td per game and twice as many wins then losses. In those 15 games he also has 3,678 pass yards.

Allen is still a franchise QB. And when he smashes the Jets this week and puts up 4+ TDs will be right back in the MVP discussion.

These last 2 weeks have been the biggest amount of BULLSHIT I have ever seen from the NFL. Tennessee is a disgrace and should have had to forfeit. The fact we had to gameplan for 2 seperate teams during the leadup to week 5 and then Kc got extra rest for week 6 compared to us has me unworried.

The DOLPHINS are in 2nd in the division and think switching to Tua is a smart decision. the afc east 2020 title is ours boys. Will be nice to finally have that banner again.

No, you need to win big games to and compile stats to win MVP and so far against the best competition Josh has not been that good.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
We got a glimpse of the ceiling with Josh in the first four games. But we were always going to get a glimpse of the floor as well. KC game shows that he can be bottled up. I do think if the Bills had more of the ball against KC they would have put up more points, but he just wasn't sharp. Team needs to continue to evolve over the course of the year.

Team still has some serious needs on offense and the current state of the defense demands attention too. Let's wait and see the whole picture before we get too carried away but the last two games were a painful reminder of how hard it can be to win in this league.

JB being dinged up, the run game being awful, and having basically nothing at the TE position so far have been pretty significant issues for offense. Hopefully Brown gets healthy, they figure out the run game, or Davis steps up even more, or I think they'll continue to short circuit somewhat.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Maybe open up some room to take on salary from a shedding team? LB, DT, DE, CB....
Why the Bills released Quinton Spain before the trade deadline (paywall)
As the NFL trade deadline approaches, Bills general manager Brandon Beane started by subtracting from the roster. The team released guard Quinton Spain on Wednesday after he was replaced in the starting lineup by both Cody Ford and Brian Winters.

The Bills signed Spain to a three-year, $15 million contract in March, but the deal had outs after the first season and carries a dead cap hit of just over $4 million. When the Bills signed Spain to that deal, Beane envisioned him assuming his spot as the team’s starting left guard. Spain started all 16 games at left guard a year ago and didn’t allow a sack.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Trent Murphy go next.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Why the Bills released Quinton Spain before the trade deadline (paywall)
As the NFL trade deadline approaches, Bills general manager Brandon Beane started by subtracting from the roster. The team released guard Quinton Spain on Wednesday after he was replaced in the starting lineup by both Cody Ford and Brian Winters.

The Bills signed Spain to a three-year, $15 million contract in March, but the deal had outs after the first season and carries a dead cap hit of just over $4 million. When the Bills signed Spain to that deal, Beane envisioned him assuming his spot as the team’s starting left guard. Spain started all 16 games at left guard a year ago and didn’t allow a sack.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Trent Murphy go next.
A man can dream!

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

·
11m
Vikings and Ravens finalizing a trade to send DE Yannick Ngakoue to Baltimore for a 2021 third-round pick and a 2022 conditional fifth-round pick, sources tell ESPN. Vikings initially sent 2021 second-round pick and 2022 conditional fifth-round pick to Jags. Now get most back.

Wow.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
They couldn't find a local company to produce this merchandise? :soap:
Bills unveil line of clothes with Bills Mafia branding
Avery started his company theheyyman in Buffalo in 2012 and has since relocated to Los Angeles.

If they didn't do it with him, they wouldn't feel as confident jacking up the prices on the stuff.....

:sarcasm:

He is a protege of the Shoe Surgeon, I believe. His stuff is cool and really expensive.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Will the Bills be buyers at the trade deadline? Biggest needs and best fits (paywall)
The Bills had $4.9 million in cap space before releasing Quinton Spain.
They need a one-technique DT. With Star gone, Harrison Phillips is their only true one-technique on the roster and he's struggled.

Potential Trade Targets, dollar amounts are cap hit if acquired on deadline day

DT
Dalvin Tomlinson NYG - $544,000 M
Sheldon Rankins NO - $845,000 M
Vincent Taylor CLE - $412,500 L
Tyeler Dawson ATL - $455,000 L

Tomlinson, Taylor, and Dawson play the one-technique, Rankins can play one and three technique

Corner
Desmond King SD $1.2 million M-L
Brian Poole NYJ $750,000 L
Corn Elder CAR L

Others CB Josh Jackson (GB), CB Ahkello Witherspoon (SF) or CB Fabian Moreau (WASH)

Linebacker
Haason Reddick STL - $1.2 million M-L
Thomas Davis WASH - $750,000 L

Potential Compensation
M = mid-round pick
L = late round pick

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
They couldn't even work with Del on any of the designs? They turfed it out?

That wasn't at all predictable.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
No, you need to win big games to and compile stats to win MVP and so far against the best competition Josh has not been that good.

Raiders 3-2, Dolphins 3-3, Rams 4-2. 3 of the 4 wins came against .500 or better teams. What big wins does Russ and Seattle have?Oh right ZERO. He has beat up on losing record teams and the best team they have played is the 3-3 Dolphins, which ironically Josh got crucified for dominating against.

Seattle's opponents are 9-20 on the year but all we hear is Russ is so amazing, Russ for MVP.

Vikings giving up, I see? Wow.

They are 1-5 and don't play in the NFC East. They are already out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad