Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2020 Continued

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
yes, but Not regularly.
Yes.
Yes, but also skilled.

Had a good combine 4.42 40 and 40.5 vertical. Projected as possible switch to TE, but with those numbers will probably remain a WR in most scouts minds. Be a difficult CB matchup. Some project him as a 3rd rounder. I think a team wanting him won’t let him slip beyond that.
(In college there was speculation he could also play LB or DE. He seems like a Jason Peters-lite.)

Sorry for terse reply on phone.

I'd be more than happy taking Claypool with the R3.

Could switch to TE or just be that big bodied receiver that many want.

He'd at least be a big upgrade on Williams.

Last edited:
Reactions: brian_griffin

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
My guy in the second round is Josh Jones from Houston. Amazing athlete with a great attitude. From a technique stand point, he’s a mess, but he’s the perfect project LT to develop.

after that, I hope Beane trades up from the third into the second and takes Kyle Dugger. He’s the perfect nickel back for what McDermott and Frazier try to do. Would be an upgrade from Neal.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
I'm confused by this take on Knox, his athleticism is borderline elite. He was drafted to be exactly that physical mismatch, his knock in college was lack of production/targets.
Meh his athleticism is good not elite. Just comparing him to some other TE's that are great athletes like Engram or Gesicki he's certainly a notch below. Engram had a 4.42 40, Gesicki had a 41.5" vertical. Both had better 3 cone drills. That's just a couple guys that stand out as elite athletes at the TE position from the last few years. Even looking at other guys viewed as great athletes at the TE position most of them outperform Knox in these drills. So I think it's pretty fair to say he's a good athlete at TE, but not a borderline elite one. This isn't a knock on Knox, I like him as a player, he's just not this huge mismatch player that other coaches will have to gameplan against.

SoFFacet

Jan 4, 2010
Rochester, NY
My guy in the second round is Josh Jones from Houston. Amazing athlete with a great attitude. From a technique stand point, he’s a mess, but he’s the perfect project LT to develop.

after that, I hope Beane trades up from the third into the second and takes Kyle Dugger. He’s the perfect nickel back for what McDermott and Frazier try to do. Would be an upgrade from Neal.

Sadly Jones will likely be long gone. I frequently see him in the late 1st. Dugger is a really good target. I might just draft him at 54.

From what I've seen participating in Reddit/Discord mock offseason sims, the guys I like start to dry up around pick 110 or so. So the trade up I'd most like to see is from the 4th round back into the 3rd. Come away with something like Dugger, Akers, and Hall, and I'll be a pretty happy camper.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
First one of these I've done.

Attachments

• vrpoit.jpg.png
    vrpoit.jpg.png
    118.5 KB · Views: 10

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
How the Bucs Scouted Tom Brady; Why the Stefon Diggs and DeAndre Hopkins Trades Came Together

The Diggs info is about halfway through the article after you know who. It gives a good account of how the deal came together beginning with

• Diggs’s tweet on Monday, believe it or not, actually did spark talks. The receiver posted at 2:46 p.m. ET, in the wake of the Kirk Cousins extension: “It’s time for a new beginning.” The cryptic message led to a handful of teams calling Minnesota, which had all but put Diggs off-limits ahead of the trade deadline.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
So with the NFL draft a little over 30 days away, and several of us homebound and restless, anyone interested in running a daily Bills draft big board poll? I might not have the time or energy to run it daily, but maybe it could be shared? With multiple polls per day on blowout results, perhaps we could get a board big enough that some of the options are still left when the Bills are on the clock? Here's the first one, I guess we can see where it goes?

Poll #1 Link Here

I used PFF's top 10 big board. As always vote and add one. It's obviously more fun if you discuss your selection here.

I'm voting for Burrow. I imagine Chase Young wins, but if there's a chance for the best QB prospect since Luck, I take it and trade Allen. Not an Allen hater, but I'm way more sold on Burrow than I am on Allen.
Burrow wins with 56% of the vote. We had 9 votes.

1. Burrow (56%)

Poll number two is here.

I'm voting for Chase Young here. Burrow was one thing, but the other QBs all have just as big of question marks as Allen. Although I'm normally all aboard drafting offense at all cost, Chase Young looks like a true difference maker on the defensive side of the ball. Would love to get him.

SoFFacet

Jan 4, 2010
Rochester, NY
I hate your picks but thanks for the heads up. Will try that later.

There was another I used which has been good in the past. Tried that yesterday too but I shut it down as soon as it projected Young to the Bengals... :huh:

They're all good value and address relative needs... :squint:

Anyway you shouldn't really be rough on any one sim. They make picks based on weighted chance so sometimes you could get something that seems strange.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
How the Bucs Scouted Tom Brady; Why the Stefon Diggs and DeAndre Hopkins Trades Came Together

The Diggs info is about halfway through the article after you know who. It gives a good account of how the deal came together beginning with

• Diggs’s tweet on Monday, believe it or not, actually did spark talks. The receiver posted at 2:46 p.m. ET, in the wake of the Kirk Cousins extension: “It’s time for a new beginning.” The cryptic message led to a handful of teams calling Minnesota, which had all but put Diggs off-limits ahead of the trade deadline.
Good read, thanks for sharing!

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Burrow wins with 56% of the vote. We had 9 votes.

1. Burrow (56%)

Poll number two is here.

I'm voting for Chase Young here. Burrow was one thing, but the other QBs all have just as big of question marks as Allen. Although I'm normally all aboard drafting offense at all cost, Chase Young looks like a true difference maker on the defensive side of the ball. Would love to get him.

Tua add Tristan Wirfs.

Young is probably the best / safest pick of all but you have to value the QB position so differently. Without the injury Tua would be in the discussion for #1 & arguably has more pedigree than Burrow.

From the Bills POV both of these guys are likely better than Allen in the long haul. There's a big drop after these two though.... So after this there isn't a QB on my board for a while.

Wirfs looks like a stud. I have both he & Becton ahead of Thomas & Wills.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Tua add Tristan Wirfs.

Young is probably the best / safest pick of all but you have to value the QB position so differently. Without the injury Tua would be in the discussion for #1 & arguably has more pedigree than Burrow.

From the Bills POV both of these guys are likely better than Allen in the long haul. There's a big drop after these two though.... So after this there isn't a QB on my board for a while.

Wirfs looks like a stud. I have both he & Becton ahead of Thomas & Wills.
The Tua injury is the reason I didn't vote for him. It's such a huge question mark

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
You can try The Draft Network as well. Different rankings, slicker interface imo:

View attachment 338587
They're all good value and address relative needs... :squint:

Anyway you shouldn't really be rough on any one sim. They make picks based on weighted chance so sometimes you could get something that seems strange.

I disagree on your first point. That site has the Bills biggest needs as CB & Edge.

This team had one of the best overall Ds in the entire league & imo improved in both positions over free agency. Neither are immediate needs. As said many times I believe Edge should be the focus of the 2021 R1 all being well.

Beane has done a great job strengthening everywhere... But the one clear biggest need is RB imo. I get why some people don't like drafting RBs in early rounds but it's still a fact.

I do think your site has more realistic player rankings though. I don't think my mock above is realistic:

R2 JK Dobbins - realistic position but I was drafting for team need.

R3 Curtis Weaver - steal - he is regularly mocked as a R2 or even late R1 pick

R4 KJ Hill - steal - even with the crazy depth at WR he is regularly mocked as a R3 pick

R5 Markus Bailey - probably the only other time I went for a particular position - I'm sure they add a LB to the mix in the mid rounds

R6 Jonah Jackson - absolute steal - regularly mocked in R2/R3 - I was hesitant to add a tackle since value there is top heavy imo but I think an interior guy like this could come in & contribute day 1. I have more faith than most in Ford I think.

R6 Juwan Johnson - probably my worst pick - nobody stood out here. Has some pedigree though so took a lottery ticket.

R7 Javelin Guidry - steal - regularly mocked in the mid rounds. Seems the versatile type McDermott likes to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad