Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2020 Continued

Status
Not open for further replies.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
What a start to free agency by the Bills. What a great staff too. When will the Sabres get their magic Beanes. Really looking forward to the season.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Makes sense. There’s no guarantee that they’d be able to trade up for one of the top 2 guys, and even if they could it’s probably going to cost more/better picks than 5ths & 6ths.

Diggs is still young, he’s proven and he’s under contract for 4 years (+ they could tag him if they need to after that).

We know Diggs is among the best WR’s in the NFL at creating separation, at contested catches & is good in the red zone. No guessing or projecting required.

So we used the pick on a sure thing and guaranteed we get the WR we need, instead of using the pick on a college player & hoping you can draft the WR you want.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
It's crazy how many position groups are seemingly done. DE, TE (unless we end up cutting Kroft?), starting receivers, LBs, OL, secondary, etc. So few "holes" on the roster. By my count, the holes/opportunities to upgrade are:

-Backup/developmental QB
-Complimentary RB
-Depth receivers
-Maybe one depth OL
-Depth LB
-Safety depth
-Corner depth/competition

Pretty damn impressive. In terms of highest priority "need" (in terms of actual playing time), I guess it would be RB and CB. Just think, if we just sign another corner and a RB, we could enter the draft with a true, unadulterated BPA strategy.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
AJ Dillon could be a nice day 3 RB option, big kid with good vision and hits the hole hard, very physical back. Could be a nice compliment to Motor.
I really don't have any interest in a big back. In my best case scenario, Singletary is the slowest RB on the roster, not the fasted. I want our complimentary RB to be a Brieda type pass catcher/home run hitter. Singletary can be the chunk getter, but he will never be a home run hitter.

Reactions: CrazyPsycho

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Reports | Bills add three defensive linemen, a linebacker and two special teams stalwarts in free agency

hf6tp6ctymywip4nmmuz.jpg

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
It's crazy how many position groups are seemingly done. DE, TE (unless we end up cutting Kroft?), starting receivers, LBs, OL, secondary, etc. So few "holes" on the roster. By my count, the holes/opportunities to upgrade are:

-Backup/developmental QB
-Complimentary RB
-Depth receivers
-Maybe one depth OL
-Depth LB
-Safety depth
-Corner depth/competition

Pretty damn impressive. In terms of highest priority "need" (in terms of actual playing time), I guess it would be RB and CB. Just think, if we just sign another corner and a RB, we could enter the draft with a true, unadulterated BPA strategy.
I still worry about CB2. Who ever plays that role is going to get picked on because QBs will avoid Tre like the plague. Hopefully Wallace or Norman can hold the spot down adequately. Wouldn't mind spending a 2nd round pick on a CB if a solid ones available, but we're going BPA eitherway.

I do love some of the D-line signings. Butler broke out last year. I can see him filling Phillips role well. I'm iffy on Addison, but he should do well since we rotate DEs. Jefferson is solid and versatile.

Going to keep an eye on Thompson and Klein to see who gets the majority of snaps at linebacker.

Beane has done a phenomenal job at tearing down and rebuilding the team over the past 3 years.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015

If that comment about the cardinals offer being the “best by far” is actually true, it really makes me wonder why?

I find it hard to believe the Arizona offer was the best they received if they actually shopped him around.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
NFL is offering game pass for free right now. All you need to do is create an account (only info required is a name + email address)

NFL offers fans free access to NFL Game Pass

What’s included:
Game Replays
-- Replay games from 2009-2019 including full broadcast replays of games, commercial free in HD (International -- 2019 season only)
--Includes Preseason (excluding 2009 season), playoff and Super Bowl matchups from the past 11 seasons (International -- 2019 Season only)
-- Condensed 45-minute game replays
-- Access 'All-22' and 'High Endzone' angle footage with Coaches Film
-- Exclusive NFL Game Pass Film Sessions
-- NFL players and coaches take Brian Baldinger and Ron Jaworski inside the film room to break down game-winning plays and technique
NFL Shows & Game Archives
-- 2019 episodes of NFL RedZone (International Only*)
-- Previous seasons of NFL Originals such as Hard Knocks, Mic'd Up, & A Football Life
Live NFL Network (International Only*)
-- 24/7 coverage of Free Agency, NFL Total Access and more

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN

If that comment about the cardinals offer being the “best by far” is actually true, it really makes me wonder why?

I find it hard to believe the Arizona offer was the best they received if they actually shopped him around.

I imagine they view Johnson in a very high light instead of the cap dump he is.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
I really don't have any interest in a big back. In my best case scenario, Singletary is the slowest RB on the roster, not the fasted. I want our complimentary RB to be a Brieda type pass catcher/home run hitter. Singletary can be the chunk getter, but he will never be a home run hitter.
Dillon isn't just a big back he's got some wheels too (he ran a 4.53 40). I wouldn't say he's the homerun hitting type your looking for, but I think he'd be a nice fit that wouldn't require a high draft choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad