Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2020 Continued

Status
Not open for further replies.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Het, did you see over at TBD where your thread was dug up where you said that drafting Josh Allen over Rosen was the same as drafting Whitner over Ngata and Maybin over Orakpo?

Yeah, from the team who missed out on the last 2 NFL MVPS to draft Josh Allen.

How about Josh Allen approach the numbers of a top ten QB then you can crow on QBs that you feel failed.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Schefter is one reliable son of gun, there's no denying that.

Edit: I also dont think Buffalo would've offered more than that. If we did sign him to a two year contract the guaranteed money should be less.

Makes sense they were interested but i agree they wouldnt offer what he got

Reactions: Dubi Doo

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Unless we sign Hyde or Freeman looks like our 1B RB is coming via draft. With no major needs outside a Punter and kicker I am pining for JK Dobbins at #54. Him and Singletary could lead our backfield for half a decade. Those 2 along with Allen could literally combine for 2500 yards rushing a season. Cam Akers would not be a bad pick either. Obviously Swift is the top back but he is likely long gone by the time we pick, though if he reaches into pick 43,44 I would hope Beane would get aggressive and do something like 54 and our 3rd for 43 and their 4th if it means we get Swift. Motor is not capable of handling 20 carries a game and he also has fumbling issues. Getting Dobbins would be a major boon.

Gat damn can September please come already. Brady is GONE. We have made the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years (we can now literally stake claim to being a perennial playoff team) and we have one of the most talented rosters in all of football. I don't care if it sounds homerish but this team truly is capable of winning a Super Bowl if Allen can take that next step. As long as he doesn't pull a Trubiskey I think we are winning 11-12 games and hosting a playoff game in round 1 and could reach the conference title game this year. 2021 is the year I can honestly foresee us playing in a Super Bowl.

I had doubts at some points in the past about Beane but after the way he has rebuilt and stocked this team with talent I gladly take it all back. Beane and McDermott hands down are a top 5 GM-Coach duo. AND they are young!

The only downside is that as each year passes there are literally going to be no more players still active that played in Carolina when McBeane were employed there :laugh:

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Unless we sign Hyde or Freeman looks like our 1B RB is coming via draft. With no major needs outside a Punter and kicker I am pining for JK Dobbins at #54. Him and Singletary could lead our backfield for half a decade. Those 2 along with Allen could literally combine for 2500 yards rushing a season. Cam Akers would not be a bad pick either. Obviously Swift is the top back but he is likely long gone by the time we pick, though if he reaches into pick 43,44 I would hope Beane would get aggressive and do something like 54 and our 3rd for 43 and their 4th if it means we get Swift. Motor is not capable of handling 20 carries a game and he also has fumbling issues. Getting Dobbins would be a major boon.

Gat damn can September please come already. Brady is GONE. We have made the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years (we can now literally stake claim to being a perennial playoff team) and we have one of the most talented rosters in all of football. I don't care if it sounds homerish but this team truly is capable of winning a Super Bowl if Allen can take that next step. As long as he doesn't pull a Trubiskey I think we are winning 11-12 games and hosting a playoff game in round 1 and could reach the conference title game this year. 2021 is the year I can honestly foresee us playing in a Super Bowl.

I had doubts at some points in the past about Beane but after the way he has rebuilt and stocked this team with talent I gladly take it all back. Beane and McDermott hands down are a top 5 GM-Coach duo. AND they are young!

The only downside is that as each year passes there are literally going to be no more players still active that played in Carolina when McBeane were employed there :laugh:

I think Dobbins is my guy as well.

It's a shame Etienne decided to return to college. But he'd likely be a R1 pick anyway.

Reactions: La Cosa Nostra

SoFFacet

Jan 4, 2010
Rochester, NY
It's hilarious how many commentators literally wonder aloud "maybe this only looks expensive compared to the historically awful Nuk trade," and then in the next sentence proclaim that a 1st rounder + peanuts was way too much for an elite young WR.

SoFFacet

Jan 4, 2010
Rochester, NY
I'm all aboard the RBs-aren't-valuable train, but a 2nd round pick for a great prospect is the fair price. The only big mistakes you can make are taking one in the 1st or giving one a massive FA contract. Case in point, DS + Taylor/Swift/Dobbins/Akers would be a great, young, cheap, and relatively un-invested RB corps.

Depends what else is available at 54.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I'm all aboard the RBs-aren't-valuable train, but a 2nd round pick for a great prospect is the fair price. The only big mistakes you can make are taking one in the 1st or giving one a massive FA contract. Case in point, DS + Taylor/Swift/Dobbins/Akers would be a great, young, cheap, and relatively un-invested RB corps.

Depends what else is available at 54.
Completely agree.

I’ll also add that just speaking in terms of opportunity cost, RBs may start to be great investments as the rest of the league keeps revaluing them. If you can get a game breaking talent in the second or third round, that’s great. Also, with the way RBs are getting used more in the passing game, I think at some point the position and it’s value will get reconsidered. In five years it wouldn’t shock me if your “stud RBs” have more receptions than rushes in any given season.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Bills are going to go BPA the whole draft. They don’t really have many glaring holes. Good job by Beane and McDermott.
They did great in FA two years in a row. What were their misses last year in FA?

I wonder if the shift to younger GMs is in any way correlated to the likelihood they've grown up in a fantasy football culture where understanding contract value and cap is now part of much of the everyday fanbase.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
3-5 rounds coukd be a RB.

2nd would be more based on need than the BPA. Sure if BPA had a top 20 rank on their board then they’d pick them.

Another factor is availability depth.if you have one position with a short list of top prospects then a big drop where in the 2nd only 1-2 are leftwhile in a similar need position there are still 15 players left at this level they’d likely pick a player out of the former position pool with only two left. In the 3rd round there should be 5-20 left when they next draft.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Ideally if Epenesa drops outta the first, Beane trades the second and next year's third to move up and snag him and then takes Bryce Hall in the third.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I like Zach Moss, personally. Very little wasted motion. Runs super low. North south. I think his game will translate.

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
Every Bills fan should watch this. Not only to look at Allen with a more informed and open mind, but also to dream about the difference having Diggs on the roster might make.

Reactions: Zman5778
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2