Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2020 Continued

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
It's crazy how many position groups are seemingly done. DE, TE (unless we end up cutting Kroft?), starting receivers, LBs, OL, secondary, etc. So few "holes" on the roster. By my count, the holes/opportunities to upgrade are:

-Backup/developmental QB
-Complimentary RB
-Depth receivers
-Maybe one depth OL
-Depth LB
-Safety depth
-Corner depth/competition

Pretty damn impressive. In terms of highest priority "need" (in terms of actual playing time), I guess it would be RB and CB. Just think, if we just sign another corner and a RB, we could enter the draft with a true, unadulterated BPA strategy.

Yeah - RB is literally the only area where they have 'regressed' & there is ample opportunity to improve there still.

WR was the main area where improvement was needed & its been addressed big time.

DL was the next & once again its already been addressed.

LB / DB replacements have been added where necessary.

OL needed stability & we got it.

TE is the only surprise - I expected Kroft to get cut - but maybe that would have happened had Olsen signed?

Right now my only preference in the draft is a day 2 RB or an offensive 'difference maker' - dream would be a guy ike Shenault should he fall.

Reactions: Husko

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
NFL is offering game pass for free right now. All you need to do is create an account (only info required is a name + email address)

NFL offers fans free access to NFL Game Pass

What’s included:
Game Replays
-- Replay games from 2009-2019 including full broadcast replays of games, commercial free in HD (International -- 2019 season only)
--Includes Preseason (excluding 2009 season), playoff and Super Bowl matchups from the past 11 seasons (International -- 2019 Season only)
-- Condensed 45-minute game replays
-- Access 'All-22' and 'High Endzone' angle footage with Coaches Film
-- Exclusive NFL Game Pass Film Sessions
-- NFL players and coaches take Brian Baldinger and Ron Jaworski inside the film room to break down game-winning plays and technique
NFL Shows & Game Archives
-- 2019 episodes of NFL RedZone (International Only*)
-- Previous seasons of NFL Originals such as Hard Knocks, Mic'd Up, & A Football Life
Live NFL Network (International Only*)
-- 24/7 coverage of Free Agency, NFL Total Access and more

Nice touch.

But this is easily worth the money for the base package imo - I pay £40 for the entire year & I think further discounts are available as the season progresses.

I've basically had it on 24/7 this week. Working from home has its benefits. :laugh:

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I really wish we could trade for Yannick Ngakoue. I like the additions to the D-line, but I think we're missing that premiere pass rusher, and Yannick has that ability. He'd thrive in this defense with the blitz packages we use. I could see him being a 10+ sack guy for the next 5+ years. It's a longterm investment that helps a ton in the shortterm as well.

Cut/trade Murphy. Yannick gets majority of snaps. Cycle in Addison and Hughes. Jefferson cycles into DE when we need to stop the run, Butler cycles in for Oliver when he needs rest and for Phillips when we're rushing the passer. Star is only put in for obvious rushing situations. Jefferson can be put in at DT as well when we're blitzing heavily.

Our most common line would probably be:

Yannick- Oliver- Butler/Phillips- Addison

Unfortunately, I believe Yannick would garner a 2nd round pick, and I'm not sure Beane would pull the trigger on that type of deal given we just traded a first for Diggs. Rightfully so, since theres no guarantee we could re-sign him.

Rome wasn't built in a day, and DEs seem to come available for trade or FA every offseason, so next year will be another year that we can find a premiere pass rushing DE.

f***, Yannick could be really f***ing good here, tho. I imagine a slightly worse prime Hughes calibre of player.

Last edited:

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Yeah - RB is literally the only area where they have 'regressed' & there is ample opportunity to improve there still.

WR was the main area where improvement was needed & its been addressed big time.

DL was the next & once again its already been addressed.

LB / DB replacements have been added where necessary.

OL needed stability & we got it.

TE is the only surprise - I expected Kroft to get cut - but maybe that would have happened had Olsen signed?

Right now my only preference in the draft is a day 2 RB or an offensive 'difference maker' - dream would be a guy ike Shenault should he fall.
Yeah, Shenault would be a dream come true in the second round. He could also double as my RB home run hitter, since they'd need to be more creative with how they use him after getting Diggs. He played significant snaps at RB in college.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Anyone know why teams can't officially announce signings / trades?

edit: Found it. Can't announce until contract is finalized. Contract can't be finalized until a physical. Physical can't be performed right now because of Coronavirus.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Yeah, Shenault would be a dream come true in the second round. He could also double as my RB home run hitter, since they'd need to be more creative with how they use him after getting Diggs. He played significant snaps at RB in college.

Exactly my line of thinking. He'd also fill that 'big body' role that many people think is necessary.

Mentioned it in a previous thread but another guy I like in a similar mould is Antonio Gibson. Probably more of a Day 3 guy though.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Nice to have, not a need to have, which is sick.

Edge and right tackle still need some polish.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I'd love the idea of a one year big dollar deal. I'm adamantly against long term big money RB deals though.

Especially for a guy who looks to have lost a step.

1 year silly money is perfect though.

RT is going to be between Ford / Nsekhe

EDGE they now have 4-5 more than competent guys to rotate in. Don't see any additions there either.

RB is the one remaining hole. Gordon should fix that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Husko

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Please do not waste stupid money on a RB for once, Bills.

Neither Gurley nor Gordon would be "stupid" money. I can't picture either getting much more than a $6M deal for 1 or 2 years. We have the room. We're making a run. Singletary is good. TJ isn't. Get one of these guys and all of a sudden our offense goes from "meh" last year to "Look the eff out".

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Neither Gurley nor Gordon would be "stupid" money. I can't picture either getting much more than a $6M deal for 1 or 2 years. We have the room. We're making a run. Singletary is good. TJ isn't. Get one of these guys and all of a sudden our offense goes from "meh" last year to "Look the eff out".

Then just draft one and save the money for the trade deadline

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
is Gordon a good character fit? A holdout and a guy who seemingly hasnt been happy of late (with splitting w/Ekeler). How would he feel about Motor being the hot hand and getting limited carries some weeks (especially if its a 'prove it' year). idk, maybe he's a great guy, just my gut.

Gurleys knees will always be a concern. 1yr if it came to that, maybe.

I think I might actually prefer the 'safest' of options in Hyde if they're still looking for a vet RB. Coming off a good year, not a ton of mileage for 28 and has been used to RBBC in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad