Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2020 Continued

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Oh hell yes. Would prefer Gordon over Gurley but would give either of them a 2/13 mil deal. 6.5 mil per for legit TD machines is a great move. That is the one area Motor is severely lacking and that is a nose for the end zone. And that is one area both Gordon and Gurley are elite at and that is getting in the end zone. If we add Gurley or Melvin Gordon to this team and draft a good pass rusher in round 2 this wouldn't just be a divisional contender , we would be SUPER BOWL contenders. This team is on the verge of being perennial elite contenders. Cap off free agency Beane and give us that stud RB!

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009

6.5 mil per and 2 years of length is NOTHING. Yes who needs a double digit TD machine like Gurley or Gordon :sarcasm:

You do realize that neither White OR Edmunds post rookie deals will start by the end of that hypothetical 2 year deal for those RBs. Devin Singletary is not capable of scoring TDs within the 10 yard line. Gordon and Gurley are. Motor had 4 TDs. Do you have any idea how powerful our offense would be if we were rolling out Diggs+Brown+Beasley at wideout, Knox at TE and Gordon/Gurley+Singletary at RB? We would go from a mediocre offense to an elite top 5 one.

San Frans playoff run this past year was buoyed by incredible RB performances. We need a legit RB and that is what Gordon and Gurley are. 6.5 mil is f***ing nothing. Jerick McKinnon and Tevin Coleman got deals for twice as long and a mil more each season. 6.5 mil per for 2 years is not a lot. We are going to pay a f***ing special teamer 4.5 mil per season for 2 years but giving a 10+ TD RB 2 mil more is sigh worthy :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Asymmetric Solution

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Neither Gurley nor Gordon would be "stupid" money. I can't picture either getting much more than a $6M deal for 1 or 2 years. We have the room. We're making a run. Singletary is good. TJ isn't. Get one of these guys and all of a sudden our offense goes from "meh" last year to "Look the eff out".
Either of those players, or many other near-talent-equivalents should appropriately be looked at as insurance policies. Allen goes down for a couple games, you need to go run-heavy and not be predictable. Same with if Singletary goes down for a couple games. The Bills need insurance policies. The defense is stout. They need to get insurance policies in case key players on either side of the ball go down. Can't afford to risk losing a couple incremental games due to injuries, in particular with the situation in New England. Years past, I wouldn't have argued for this. But the time is right now.

Reactions: Zman5778

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Either of those players, or many other near-talent-equivalents should appropriately be looked at as insurance policies. Allen goes down for a couple games, you need to go run-heavy and not be predictable. Same with if Singletary goes down for a couple games. The Bills need insurance policies. The defense is stout. They need to get insurance policies in case key players on either side of the ball go down. Can't afford to risk losing a couple incremental games due to injuries, in particular with the situation in New England. Years past, I wouldn't have argued for this. But the time is right now.

Draft the insurance policies, save the cap space for the major injury issues.. so not spend big on a rb2

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Melvin Gordon the last 4 years...

53 games played. 47 total TDs.

Todd Gurley the last 5 years...

73 games played. 70 total TDs.

These 2 RBs are nearly TD per game backs. Both are adept at catching the ball which makes Allens life even easier.

Gordon on a 2 year deal would be in his 27 and 28 year old seasons. Gurley would be on his 26 and 27 year old seasons. We gave Tyler f***ing Kroft $6.25 mil per over THREE years because he scored 7 tds on a fluke campaign back in 2017. But giving RBs who nearly average 13-15 TDs a season an extra $250,000 on an even shorter deal is somehow an awful idea.

A Melvin Gordon or Todd Gurley is literally the missing piece to us being Super Bowl Contenders.

How many teams can boast the following if we add one of the two?

QB capable of 20+ pass TDs and 8+ rush TDs in their early 20s.

A 5.0+ YPC RB
A near TD per game RB

2 1,000+ yard speed burning WRs.
A high end #3 slot WR.
A young TE who averaged 14 YPC.
A team who is returning their entire OL from the year before.

A defense that boasts the best CB in the game and arguably the best safety duo in the game. A team that finished 12th in sacks who actually added more sacks via their additions (Addison,Klein,Butler,Jefferson) then they lost from their losses (Lawson,Phillips, Lorax).
A secondary that improved their CB corps (Norman>K Johnson)

When our main weaknesses are a Punter and Kicker that is an elite team period. The Bills are going to win 11-12 games this year even with the incredibly difficult schedule we have just due to the talent we have.

I really hope we make this happen

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
Oh hell yes. Would prefer Gordon over Gurley but would give either of them a 2/13 mil deal. 6.5 mil per for legit TD machines is a great move. That is the one area Motor is severely lacking and that is a nose for the end zone. And that is one area both Gordon and Gurley are elite at and that is getting in the end zone. If we add Gurley or Melvin Gordon to this team and draft a good pass rusher in round 2 this wouldn't just be a divisional contender , we would be SUPER BOWL contenders. This team is on the verge of being perennial elite contenders. Cap off free agency Beane and give us that stud RB!
Devin Singletary has the 6th most TDS in college football HISTORY. As in 6th most EVER? “He doesn’t have a nose for the end zone”? More like, “he doesn’t have coaches smart enough to substitute him for Frank Gore inside the 10 yard line”.

Devin is fantastic in small spaces and fights for extra yardage. He would be great in short yardage and touchdown situations, Daboll just chose not to use him that way. One reason I would not have been sad if they fired Daboll is his goalie decisions.

Go get a bargain priced Gordon, Gurley or draft pick, but don’t forget about Singletary when you’re close to the end zone.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Draft the insurance policies, save the cap space for the major injury issues.. so not spend big on a rb2
But then you're spending draft capital that can be used on another player, which is also a cost. If we can get Gordon on a 1 or 2 year deal that's front loaded so the buyout is easy next year if need be, then I'm game.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Chris Thompson, for the love of God Beane. I will let you do whatever you please. Use an independent doctor for a physical but give me that pass catching pass blocking horse
I’d be fine with this, though he shouldn’t be counted on for anything more than a couple games. Breida would be my target, a younger version of Thompson

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I’d be fine with this, though he shouldn’t be counted on for anything more than a couple games. Breida would be my target, a younger version of Thompson
yeah I like Breida too, but he's RFA and has been tendered, so the Niners can match. I'm unsure how many RFA's actually move in the NFL.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
yeah I like Breida too, but he's RFA and has been tendered, so the Niners can match. I'm unsure how many RFA's actually move in the NFL.
Seems like one a year, teams either snag up an undrafted guy or go fishing for late round original round tender rfa. See Clay, Gillislee Groy and Hogan, with the aforementioned players being players we were involved with.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Chris Thompson, for the love of God Beane. I will let you do whatever you please. Use an independent doctor for a physical but give me that pass catching pass blocking horse

You could probably get Thompson on a 1 year deal with limited guarantees for the contract. A lot of incentives though for receiving yards.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Gurley to the Falcons.

Glad the Bills weren't in on him. Gordon makes a lot more sense.
Definently had zero interest in Gurley. Injuries are catching up to him. I'd love Gordon, tho.

I'm not one to advocate spending heavily on a RB, but I dont mind short term deals that are easy cut options in a year. That's exactly what a Gordon signing would look like, imo. If not, then passssd

Reactions: showtime8

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Definently had zero interest in Gurley. Injuries are catching up to him. I'd love Gordon, tho.

I'm not one to advocate spending heavily on a RB, but I dont mind short term deals that are easy cut options in a year. That's exactly what a Gordon signing would look like, imo. If not, then passssd

My ideal Gordon signing is one year crazy money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad