Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2016-17: Part VII (7-9) – The Tyrod Decision & Free Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
No I'd like Kenny Britt at $8 mil per. Or Torrey Smith at $5 mil per. The WR corps we have is that bad. We have one legitimate NFL wide receiver on the roster. Do they want Tyrod to succeed? Or is the plan to throw dump offs to DiMarco and Tolbert all game. Even with a 1st round WR the corps is still weak. We literally need to add a starting caliber WR in the draft and sign 1-2 WR free agents. The WR market has dried up. They aren't getting Jeffrey or Pryor. Tyrod will have no one to throw to and then we wonder why we are a laughingstock. I'm glad they made signing 2 FBs a priority over a WR and secondary help. And Tolbert is a FB, he is not a RB. At least We removed the pool tables and PS4s from the locker room :sarcasm:

Is there a team out there that has a worse bang for your buck then the Bills? Almost no cap room and what do we have to show for it? Just ridiculous. And our #1 WR is still on a rookie deal. I have no problem paying Shady 8 mil when Robert ****ING Woods makes that much but there is too much $ tied up in mediocre players. Whaley needs to go. We are almost assuredly trading back which sucks because I want Williams or Ross but with this many holes we desperately need another 2nd rounder. I guess JuJu in round 1 after trading back and a CB and S/LB with our 2 2nds is more realistic then drafting a game breaker at WR with #10.

I will be delighted to see BUF rush 40 times per game, average 220 rushing yards per game, and keep their own defense off the field for ~38 minutes a game. It's their best formula for winning.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I will be delighted to see BUF rush 40 times per game, average 220 rushing yards per game, and keep their own defense off the field for ~38 minutes a game. It's their best formula for winning.

That's not getting you to the playoffs. And regardless of that formula you still need WRs. At least the Hyde deal is pretty cheap for free agency. Wonder why he only got $6 mil per with the amount of big $ deals given out to players in the secondary. Hydes a start but they need to sign a WR, RT, CB and LB.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
And the Bills would still be extremely weak at those positions even after the draft. Is there another FB or #7-8 OL available for Whaley to sign? Knowing Whaley he'll re-sign Alexander to a big $$ contract and let Z Brown go. Alexander will promptly put up 5 sacks in 2017.

I like how our roster is weaker then last years and there will be no good free agent additions and yet they want to tell us playoffs is the goal. It's obviously not. Why bring Taylor back if we plan on not trying to reach the playoffs? I'd rather go 2-14 then 7-9 AGAIN. I feel bad for Shady being traded from a good franchise to the Bills.

Keep saying the Bills won't sign good free agents!!!! It got them Micah Hyde like 10 mins later.

Also love that you think the Bills won't sign any good free agents when their best 2 signings last year made the Pro Bowl and neither were signed day 1 of free agency.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
We could still use a CB considering we lost both Gilmore and Robey-Coleman. Right now it's just Darby and Seymour.

Could also be an option at #10 (Sidney Jones?).

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Keep saying the Bills won't sign good free agents!!!! It got them Micah Hyde like 10 mins later.

Also love that you think the Bills won't sign any good free agents when their best 2 signings last year made the Pro Bowl and neither were signed day 1 of free agency.

Let's not pretend Hyde is some elite player. The Packers who have one of the worst secondaries in the entire league didn't even bother making him an offer. He's a solid player but not a high end one. He isn't better then Gilmore, so it's still a net loss.

And Pro Bowl is meaningless. Tyrod is a 2X pro bowler. Alexander had a fluke season and won't replicate his success, especially if we re-sign him. At the end of the day, as of now the roster this year is inferior to last years roster. And the WR market has all but totally dried up. The Bills signing Hyde after losing Gilmore and the others does nothing to increase optimism.

This team is pretty much forced to trade down. Even with an extra second we will still have major holes on the roster. We are lacking a WR2,WR3,WR4,CB1,CB3/4,TE2,RT and linebackers. And we still need more safety help. If Mike Williams is at 10 then we have to take him and forego moving down. If we invested in Tyrod we need to give him weapons.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
I'm hoping for one of Hooker or Adams slipping to us however remote that possibility may be. I'd rather we wait until the 2nd round or later for a CB. It's a deep draft in that area

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
please go sign terrelle pryor

I watched Pryor a lot last year, as he was more or less the only enjoyable part of the Browns :laugh: He'd be a huge pickup, a dynamic #2 WR who can stretch the field to an extent and get open on short and intermediate routes, as well. (I'm assuming Pryor would also be our occasional #1, since Sammy's always dinged up). He's got some untapped potential left, too, as he's still fairly raw as a receiver. Plus he can be effective in gadget plays.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
I've enjoyed free agency thus far. I agree with the cuts. And I like the tier of new signees. Pretty good contracts and decent upside. Hyde and Poyer give them flexibility. I gotta think #10 is WR or CB - dark horse is Foster to be McD's new Kuechly (moving Ragland to sam). I'd like to see Hunter re-signed.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Let's not pretend Hyde is some elite player. The Packers who have one of the worst secondaries in the entire league didn't even bother making him an offer. He's a solid player but not a high end one. He isn't better then Gilmore, so it's still a net loss.

And Pro Bowl is meaningless. Tyrod is a 2X pro bowler. Alexander had a fluke season and won't replicate his success, especially if we re-sign him. At the end of the day, as of now the roster this year is inferior to last years roster. And the WR market has all but totally dried up. The Bills signing Hyde after losing Gilmore and the others does nothing to increase optimism.

This team is pretty much forced to trade down. Even with an extra second we will still have major holes on the roster. We are lacking a WR2,WR3,WR4,CB1,CB3/4,TE2,RT and linebackers. And we still need more safety help. If Mike Williams is at 10 then we have to take him and forego moving down. If we invested in Tyrod we need to give him weapons.

So you're against the Bills picking up 2 strong starting defensive players on a day besides the first day of free agency?

Because they can still do that. And did that last year and years before under Whaley.

Even Takeo likes what they've done!

Last edited:

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
I've enjoyed free agency thus far. I agree with the cuts. And I like the tier of new signees. Pretty good contracts and decent upside. Hyde and Poyer give them flexibility. I gotta think #10 is WR or CB - dark horse is Foster to be McD's new Kuechly (moving Ragland to sam). I'd like to see Hunter re-signed.

You feeling okay, Takeo? :laugh:

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Hyde is a better Corey Graham in that he can play CB or S and not drop off too much. Bills are listing him as an S.

If they see him as a #2 CB, then I wouldn't expect a 1st or 2nd on secondary since they have Darby, Seymour, and Hyde at CB. Poyer and Graham at S. Not terrible. Would rather see top 2 picks on WR and Oline.

Cool with Peppers if he can be a S'ua Cravens. With the Pats in the division Cravens should have been the pick over Ragland last year.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
Hyde is a better Corey Graham in that he can play CB or S and not drop off too much. Bills are listing him as an S.

If they see him as a #2 CB, then I wouldn't expect a 1st or 2nd on secondary since they have Darby, Seymour, and Hyde at CB. Poyer and Graham at S. Not terrible. Would rather see top 2 picks on WR and Oline.

Cool with Peppers if he can be a S'ua Cravens. With the Pats in the division Cravens should have been the pick over Ragland last year.

They have Graham, Hyde, and Poyer listed at safety for whatever that's worth right now. And I think they're high on Seymour. If they see Peppers as capable at WLB then it's a possibility. He fits their versatility mantra.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
They have Graham, Hyde, and Poyer listed at safety for whatever that's worth right now. And I think they're high on Seymour. If they see Peppers as capable at WLB then it's a possibility. He fits their versatility mantra.

I don't mind Peppers, but the Bills should trade down if they want him.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006

So you like the Cravens mold and the Cravens < Peppers?

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
Also a ton of corners still on the market and a deep draft. I think McDermott prefers the lankier ones like Witherspoon, King, Wilson, Humphrey, Douglas. Zay Jones seems to be the hot second round prospect.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Also a ton of corners still on the market and a deep draft. I think McDermott prefers the lankier ones like Witherspoon, King, Wilson, Humphrey, Douglas. Zay Jones seems to be the hot second round prospect.

And on Cravens v Peppers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad