Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2016-17: Part VII (7-9) – The Tyrod Decision & Free Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
If only there was someone who could have predicted and warned us ahout Pegula as an owner....

OH WAIT I DID! I called it nearly 4 years ago, well before Pegula has proven me right. April 2013.

Oh and since none of us have any hockey business background , that means Mike Milbury is smarter then any HF poster. You said it yourself, people without a hockey background don't know anything compared to hockey "personnel". It's hilarious how much the lemmings love to attack anyone who dares to criticize Terry Pegula. NEWSFLASH, he is just another Dan Snyder, more $$$ then knowledge. Keep employing Regier and let Ted Black run your franchise, it's turning out great for us!! But it's fine since Pegula hand delivers season tickets and Ted Black hands out programs they're the best! Nevermind the on ice product has been the worst it's been since 02-03 when we were BANKRUPT.

From this thread here

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1400035&page=3

The scary thing is I didn't even realize that Pegula was much much worse then originally thought. Outside of the penny pinching cheapskate owners Pegula is the next worst kind... the overly hands on power hungry buffoon.

My post is so prophetic. Exchange Regier for Doug Whaley and Ted Black for Russ Brandon and you would think this was posted yesterday.

Jim Carr's Rug

Jan 16, 2006
Denver
If only there was someone who could have predicted and warned us ahout Pegula as an owner....

OH WAIT I DID! I called it nearly 4 years ago, well before Pegula has proven me right. April 2013.

From this thread here

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1400035&page=3

The scary thing is I didn't even realize that Pegula was much much worse then originally thought. Outside of the penny pinching cheapskate owners Pegula is the next worst kind... the overly hands on power hungry buffoon.

My post is so prophetic. Exchange Regier for Doug Whaley and Ted Black for Russ Brandon and you would think this was posted yesterday.

F'ing A, you changed my mind. You're not an idiot, you're in fact a genius who can predict the future.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Put me in the camp that is still proud to have Pegula as an owner. So he botched a coach hire (one that was lauded nationally when it was made, for the record). Oh well. It happens. He's new to the business. He'll learn and adapt. I'll evaluate his worth as an owner over an appropriate (20 years?) time span, not 3.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I love it. So many other parts too (Me = Myers isn't that good, middle pairing D at best, everyone else here = Myers is a #1 what are you smoking and he's untouchable). Takeo you called Eichel a disappointment when we drafted him and also praised Barkevious Mingos acquisition so I don't even have to bother with anymore rebuttals :laugh: oh not to mention your constant bashing of Lesean McCoy :laugh::laugh:

Put me in the camp that is still proud to have Pegula as an owner. So he botched a coach hire (one that was lauded nationally when it was made, for the record). Oh well. It happens. He's new to the business. He'll learn and adapt. I'll evaluate his worth as an owner over an appropriate (20 years?) time span, not 3.

He said been a sports owner for over half a decade. None of his teams made the playoffs aside from his first year as owner for half a season of Golisanos team. He has become a laughingstock owner.

schpaff

Sep 4, 2005
I love it. So many other parts too (Me = Myers isn't that good, middle pairing D at best, everyone else here = Myers is a #1 what are you smoking and he's untouchable). Takeo you called Eichel a disappointment when we drafted him and also praised Barkevious Mingos acquisition so I don't even have to bother with anymore rebuttals :laugh: oh not to mention your constant bashing of Lesean McCoy :laugh::laugh:

He said been a sports owner for over half a decade. None of his teams made the playoffs aside from his first year as owner for half a season of Golisanos team. He has become a laughingstock owner.

Find a new agenda.

Lindy Puff

Feb 15, 2013
Find a new agenda.

I agree with him about pegula. Pegula said he wanted to win and not make money. Yet has anyone else realized he's making more money now then ever? Since he took over the Sabres his net worth has went up 1 BILLION dollars. Russ Brandon showed him how to profit huge of crap teams. His net worth went from 3.1 billion up to 4.1 billion. Basically jokes on whoever doesn't realize this and continues to buy merchandise and tickets to the franchises.

Lindy Puff

Feb 15, 2013
Remember when lafantaine left the Sabres organization? It's because pat wanted to do it the right way while pegula wanted to hire a GM that would allow pegula to play GM. Remember when regier was here? Pegula told him to sign ehrhoff because he had a great playoffs. Look where that got us. To top it off Kim pegula is as much our GM as the actual GMS themselves (Murray and whaley). Google Kim pegula and u will see she released a statement on finding a new coach. She claimed she wasn't gunna hand anythony Lynn the job. Shortly after that it was rumored that Lynn is removing himself from the organization. Talk about a mess.

Lessavyfav

Aug 2, 2010
Remember when lafantaine left the Sabres organization? It's because pat wanted to do it the right way while pegula wanted to hire a GM that would allow pegula to play GM. Remember when regier was here? Pegula told him to sign ehrhoff because he had a great playoffs. Look where that got us. To top it off Kim pegula is as much our GM as the actual GMS themselves (Murray and whaley). Google Kim pegula and u will see she released a statement on finding a new coach. She claimed she wasn't gunna hand anythony Lynn the job. Shortly after that it was rumored that Lynn is removing himself from the organization. Talk about a mess.

Could you please explain your thought process and proof for your last few posts? I'm interested in hearing your pov.

Lindy Puff

Feb 15, 2013
Could you please explain your thought process and proof for your last few posts? I'm interested in hearing your pov.

proof from the net worth. Google terry pegula net worth. After that google terry pegulas net worth 2012. That proves the money situation. I don't have proof with lafantaine but now with a number of coaches or people from management stepping away randomly wanting nothing to do with the bills or Sabres it makes sense(lafantaine, Anthony Lynn, and possibly Doug marone). No good head coach is gunna join a manegment team that consits of 4 people (Whaley or Murray, Russ brandon, Kim and terry pegula) out of the 4 only one knows football and it's the guy that has no say that was left roasting at the press conference (Whaley). Russ Brandon has been running the team from behind closed doors for two decades. He makes decisions for the bills team including hiring Rex Ryan and other football personel yet never gets on the hot seat while everyone calls for the GMS head. Pegula and Russ Brandon are money hungry! They have the same mindset that's why he's the president now of the Sabres and the Rochester Americans. Just watch the 40 min video on buffalobills.com of whaleys press conference. That press conference told me a lot about what's going on not only with the bills but a lot of it mirrored what's going on with the Sabres also.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel

Don't throw your shoulder out patting yourself on the back.

Maybe we should review predictions you've missed on. Might make a couple hits look less impressive.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I agree with him about pegula. Pegula said he wanted to win and not make money. Yet has anyone else realized he's making more money now then ever? Since he took over the Sabres his net worth has went up 1 BILLION dollars. Russ Brandon showed him how to profit huge of crap teams. His net worth went from 3.1 billion up to 4.1 billion. Basically jokes on whoever doesn't realize this and continues to buy merchandise and tickets to the franchises.

What makes you think that the increase in net worth was extracting money from fans and not just the natural increase of value of NFL and NHL franchises and his other businesses?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
It's possible. But 1 billion seems like a lot don't ya think?

Not when you consider the assets he has available to himself.

He sold some assets for $2B cash to buy the Bills.

If his net worth went from $30k to $40k in the same timeframe, you would blink.

The same thing applies if it was $3M to $4M.

So, I don't think it's a lot for a smart businessperson to see a 25% increase in net worth over that timeframe. And honestly, I don't think that much of an increase can be attributed to ripping off NHL and NFL fans. We don't buy that many tickets and jerseys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad