Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2016-17: Part VII (7-9) – The Tyrod Decision & Free Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Damn Smith goes back to Cinci and it looks like we courted him hard.

And Whaley gets blamed for our WRs because he let the whole market dry up. Before the last few years WR was literally the hardest position for a rookie to come in and produce. We have one WR on the entire roster that is a legitimate top 3-4 NFL WR. And he happens to be very injury prone. 1 legit NFL wide receiver and a bunch of fringe #5/6 types :shakehead

The Bills watched Terrell Pryor sign essentially a 1 year 6 mil deal (its reported as 8 but it's come to light that the bonuses are nigh impossible to hit)

How the **** does Whaley let a 1,000 yard WR with insane potential sign for 6 mil...just pathetic. I would have gladly gave Pryor 4/28 mil with 10-12 mil guaranteed. But nope he settles for Philly Brown and some other bum. I can't stand to hear the homers go "well this is a ground and pound and anyway they will go with a RB-FB-2 TE set a lot and that only leaves room for 1 WR blah blah. The Bills have assembled one of the worst WR corps in recent history. Walt Powell is currently the #2 WR. Just hideous.

Sucks that we have so many mother ****ing holes on this **** team that we are practically forced to trade down. Mike Williams, Ross or Davis would be incredible but since our team is so bad in so many areas we got to trade down out of the range for those stud WRs.

In fact I can picture Whaley bypasses a WR and trading down and drafts OJ Howard or a RB :laugh:

Lessavyfav

Aug 2, 2010
Damn Smith goes back to Cinci and it looks like we courted him hard.

And Whaley gets blamed for our WRs because he let the whole market dry up. Before the last few years WR was literally the hardest position for a rookie to come in and produce. We have one WR on the entire roster that is a legitimate top 3-4 NFL WR. And he happens to be very injury prone. 1 legit NFL wide receiver and a bunch of fringe #5/6 types :shakehead

The Bills watched Terrell Pryor sign essentially a 1 year 6 mil deal (its reported as 8 but it's come to light that the bonuses are nigh impossible to hit)

How the **** does Whaley let a 1,000 yard WR with insane potential sign for 6 mil...just pathetic. I would have gladly gave Pryor 4/28 mil with 10-12 mil guaranteed. But nope he settles for Philly Brown and some other bum. I can't stand to hear the homers go "well this is a ground and pound and anyway they will go with a RB-FB-2 TE set a lot and that only leaves room for 1 WR blah blah. The Bills have assembled one of the worst WR corps in recent history. Walt Powell is currently the #2 WR. Just hideous.

Sucks that we have so many mother ****ing holes on this **** team that we are practically forced to trade down. Mike Williams, Ross or Davis would be incredible but since our team is so bad in so many areas we got to trade down out of the range for those stud WRs.

In fact I can picture Whaley bypasses a WR and trading down and drafts OJ Howard or a RB :laugh:

Again, Pryor signed that contract to play with a QB that had close to 5000 yards and lost 2 of his top WRs to free agency. He signed it hoping that it improves his market value. His numbers would not be as good with Tyrod and the Bills running game.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
Whaley has done a great job filling in spots that needed to be addressed. This team still has holes that need to be fixed. Ideally both feature backs are their at ten along with Watson/Trubinsky. You could start a nice bidding war to slide down 3 - 6 spots. Hopefully Corey Davis will be there because that guy is one of the most polished route runners I have ever seen. Like Reggie Wayne good.

I would stop way short of saying Whaley has done a good job. They still need starters at WR, RT, CB, and arguably LB. There's no speed at all and no coverage ability at LB. Depth is still a concern at WR, TE, DE, LB, CB, and S. And they only have 6 picks which is a low number around the league. It's not a good situation by any means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad