Confirmed Trade: [BUF/MIN] Scandella, Pominville, 4th Round Pick for Ennis, Foligno, 3rd Round Pick

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
sorry i feel jessie james rode again & my wild got fleeced. could have traded pommer & w/h 2/2.5 mill salary then traded scandella to boston ; mtl; wsh for a late 1st & possibly a late 2nd / early 3rd. wild lost this trade. then we'd have 7 mill cap to reel in a big fish. as good as ennis & foligno may be they are retreads.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
sorry i feel jessie james rode again & my wild got fleeced. could have traded pommer & w/h 2/2.5 mill salary then traded scandella to boston ; mtl; wsh for a late 1st & possibly a late 2nd / early 3rd. wild lost this trade. then we'd have 7 mill cap to reel in a big fish.

Meh... the last thing the Wild needed to do was go after a big fish in this year's free agent class.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
talon you of all people should understand , would you rather drive a slow car or a fast car? think about that the next time you step on the gas in a cobra.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Bruins just couldn't handle Scandella's cap, while his value is actually quite good IMO.

#capworldproblems

Captain Holt

Fun? I was never fun! You take that back
Jul 10, 2013
Buffalo
the next comment I make is 100% without spite or snark...

8 more years left at a $15 million cap hit for Parise and Suter? Holy crap that is a cinder block around the ankles.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
are you saying if you landed a good player like scandella for 4 mill you couldn't dump a 2.5 mill player to make room?

Not sure what you mean exactly, but if there was an other way to clear cap space.. and better markets for Scandella / Poms, different trade would've been made for sure.

Can't single handedly win every trade in a real world. Sometimes must do what is doable. I'm not happy, nor overly depressed. Would've been great to keep Scandella, but Granny had an amazing season. Otherwise G-boy would've been gone now.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

8 more years left at a $15 million cap hit for Parise and Suter? Holy crap that is a cinder block around the ankles.

Suter is fine.

Suter will be paid fairly for 5-8 of those years. Parise could be a disaster if his back keeps being an issue (worst case), or overpaid by ~$2m for however many of the those years that he regains at least 25+25 form (probably best case).

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Not sure what you mean exactly, but if there was an other way to clear cap space.. and better markets for Scandella / Poms, different trade would've been made for sure.

Can't single handedly win every trade in a real world.

Too bad some can't/won't ever accept this.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010

Would make that deal every day for Suter. Parise though..

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009

The next CBA will take care of that, assuming this owner is ok with throwing money away.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
talon you of all people should understand , would you rather drive a slow car or a fast car? think about that the next time you step on the gas in a cobra.

I have a Shelby GT500, it has a cobra for a logo, but it does not have Cobra in it's name. Get your car names right! :sarcasm:

As for how that compares to the Wild... there is this thing called the cap that needs to be worked with not only now, but into the future as well. There is nobody on the UFA market that qualifies as a "big fish" that I want to spend a huge portion of the cap on.

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
We kept our two prime young D and it only cost a promising prospect and a center whom we couldn't afford anymore anyway... and even got a 3rd coming back from it.

The addition/craving for Foligno exposes that as the complete lie it always was.

It was just spin to the masses to make the Vegas trade look better.

krt88

Jun 19, 2002
Fayetteville, NC
cybionscape.com

Holy crap, these two are still owed about $45 million through 2024! I get it, the last 3 years are at a total of 4 million but yikes! Just getting to those years to buy them out is gonna be tough. Evening buying them out with 4 years left at 10 million is rough! Those are some serious cement shoes the Wild have to deal with.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The addition/craving for Foligno exposes that as the complete lie it always was.

It was just spin to the masses to make the Vegas trade look better.

Not at all. The Addition of Foligno came with the addition of Ennis and the extraction of Scandella AND Pominville for an overall REDUCTION in Salary cap, leaving us with MORE cap space now than we had yesterday and that was already with Haula gone.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Ennis and Foligno are going to look much better in Minnesota.

Foligno will become a quick fan favorite. I'm sad to see him leaving Buffalo, he is going to look great in a bottom 6 role and can slide up when injuries hit.

Very happy buffalo addressed some of their defensive issues without giving up core pieces

Believe it or not, the Wild don't need yet more underachieving forwards. We've got plenty as is.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Idk what everyone is up in arms about. I love this trade. Imo ennis still has alot to give especially with a change of scenery and foligno can be a beast. Donèt judge by how they were on buff I mean... its buf... So much forward depth for Min now.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
honestly my main thought is im glad boston didnt make the rumored trade with minny. that said buffalo got the better players but cap hit is a killer

both teams are wasting cap space/roster spots. i suppose both teams feel they improved but when you start so weak, sometimes improvement doesnt add up to much

very glad my bruins avoided this

Wild aren't better. They're worse. They gave up the best two players.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
If Ennis is healthy, and if boudreau can get both him and Foligno to simplify their games, this trade looks a lot better for minny.

OTOH, Ennis has had hernia and/or concussion issues for going on 2 years now, and Foligno is annoyingly inconsistent. However, I think being on a team that's regularly made the playoffs lately will help him.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Wild aren't better. They're worse. They gave up the best two players.

"IF" Ennis can return to form... I think he could be better than Pominville. Only if.

He has more raw talent at this point than Poms does, and he's never had the kind of talent around him that Minnesota will provide.

It all depends on his health. He claims he feels the best he's felt physically in years. Time will tell though. We all know how groin injuries like he had last season can take away speed while trying to recover from. We all know how speedy players are affected when they can't use that speed.

Haula most of the year before last struggled with his speed post concussion and wasn't able to get it back until Yeo was fired... and then he was pretty damn good this past season again.

Ennis came back from a major concussion one season, and into a groin injury the next. IF he is past both now, it is very possible we could get the Ennis from 3yrs ago... whom I'd say has more potential for points on the Wild roster than Pominville.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
"IF" Ennis can return to form... I think he could be better than Pominville. Only if.

He has more raw talent at this point than Poms does, and he's never had the kind of talent around him that Minnesota will provide.

It all depends on his health. He claims he feels the best he's felt physically in years. Time will tell though. We all know how groin injuries like he had last season can take away speed while trying to recover from. We all know how speedy players are affected when they can't use that speed.

Haula most of the year before last struggled with his speed post concussion and wasn't able to get it back until Yeo was fired... and then he was pretty damn good this past season again.

Ennis came back from a major concussion one season, and into a groin injury the next. IF he is past both now, it is very possible we could get the Ennis from 3yrs ago... whom I'd say has more potential for points on the Wild roster than Pominville.

Ennis has more talent...but even healthy he's a real dumb player and liability defensively

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad