Confirmed Trade: [BUF/MIN] Scandella, Pominville, 4th Round Pick for Ennis, Foligno, 3rd Round Pick

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Scandella, or something bigger?

The Beleskey-Pominville thing?

Moving Pominville could be nice, but I'd hope it's not for Belesky. That'd just be spreading the cap pain out while getting a less-productive player. I assume those discussions had more to do with moving his NMC before the expansion draft, which is moot now.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
It seems to me that the Wild and Sabres may match up well if the Wild are still looking to trade Brodin, Dumba, or Scandella. The Sabres can offer some younger skilled forwards (players or prospects) in return.

I would think that Casey Mittelstadt in particular would have some marketability among Wild fans.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
It seems to me that the Wild and Sabres may match up well if the Wild are still looking to trade Brodin, Dumba, or Scandella. The Sabres can offer some younger skilled forwards (players or prospects) in return.

I would think that Casey Mittelstadt in particular would have some marketability among Wild fans.

Of course he would. I'm sure other teams would love to get Joel Eriksson-Ek as well.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
it seems to me that the wild and sabres may match up well if the wild are still looking to trade brodin, dumba, or scandella. The sabres can offer some younger skilled forwards (players or prospects) in return.

I would think that casey mittelstadt in particular would have some marketability among wild fans.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Interesting. I wonder if this means that a defenseman could absolutely possibly be traded in the next day or few days.

It does get tiresome :laugh:

Still, on draft day they apparently had an offer from Boston (which included #18) that was rejected and one from Montreal (which included #25) that was accepted but later fell through because the Habs liked who was available at the pick. A trade with someone is probably imminent.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Middlestadt isn't going anywhere.

Interesting, if I were in the Sabres position, I would not hesitate to Mittelstadt, or a Nylander, or even a Reinhardt as the principal piece in a trade to acquire a youngish top-4 defender.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Interesting, if I were in the Sabres position, I would not hesitate to Mittelstadt, or a Nylander, or even a Reinhardt as the principal piece in a trade to acquire a youngish top-4 defender.

I agree. Sabres are deep at center and could use these guys as trade pieces, but I think teams want to see how Mittelstadt plays in a bigger setting before they give up a top 4 dman for him. Reinhart is their best guy who could be traded for a top 4 dman

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

Scandella can probably be had for a decent prospect and a draft pick. I think we'd mostly want to shed cap and restock the pond a little with him.

Brodin's another story. Reinhart is the only thing that makes much sense at this point, and I know Buffalo fans dislike the idea (not without reason). I'm also not sure how keen the Wild would be on it. If the offer doesn't knock their socks off there's no reason to move Brodin when they can trade Scandella instead.

Dumba probably wouldn't interest either Boston or Buffalo too much, and would probably be even harder to pry than Brodin considering Minnesota's cap situation and RD depth.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Brodin for Reinhart

770111.gif

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015
So is he saying that Minny isn't interested at all in Mittelstadt? Because that doesn't really make sense. Maybe as the main piece going back in a trade, but as part of a deal I don't see why they would have no interest. A young center prospect with good potential should really be on everyone's radar.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010

Brodin only goes for a big overpayment like Reinhart+ or else it really doesn't make any sense to move him. Likely looking at Scandella. Fletcher could be looking at moving him for picks or add something to him like a future 1st for Nylander.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad