Confirmed Trade: [BUF/MIN] Scandella, Pominville, 4th Round Pick for Ennis, Foligno, 3rd Round Pick

BeTheBallDanny

Oct 30, 2013
Ennis and Foligno are going to look much better in Minnesota.

Foligno will become a quick fan favorite. I'm sad to see him leaving Buffalo, he is going to look great in a bottom 6 role and can slide up when injuries hit.

Very happy buffalo addressed some of their defensive issues without giving up core pieces

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
Ennis and Foligno are going to look much better in Minnesota.

Foligno will become a quick fan favorite. I'm sad to see him leaving Buffalo, he is going to look great in a bottom 6 role and can slide up when injuries hit.

Very happy buffalo addressed some of their defensive issues without giving up core pieces

Based on what exactly?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
this was mostly due to switching to wing. Ennis and Spurgeon unite!
Very true, but at the same time Ennis and Foligno go to a much more talented lineup. The best lineup they've been a part of in their career.

At least with Ennis, if he can stay healthy, I think he will have a career season.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
They haven't lost anything from the roster that isn't replaced internally. Haula replaced by JEE, scandella replaced by oloffson and pominville as addition by subtraction. People who claim pominville as one of the two best players in this deal are stat watchers. He is simply not a guy you win with, like vanek the points don't matter if the rest of your game is poor. The guy who said his two way game is underrated is either comparing him to a pylon or is in for a shock.

Hoo boy, if you thought Pommer was a one-way forward with no defensive game, you're sure not gonna like Ennis. And Ennis can't even score anymore after all his concussion problems the past 2 years. The only area Minnesota got the better end of in that swap is that Ennis costs 1M less per year.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Can you name an NHL player who has had his goal totals RISE in each of the last 5 seasons
Can you name an NHL player who has had his point totals RISEin each of his first 5 seasons and it
Would have been 6 straight but his 2015/16 point total was equal,to his 16/17 total
That's right Marcus Foligno . Let's hope he plays 15 seasons and he keeps trending up.
I would take him on the Islanders in 2 seconds. I wouldn't trade Dehaan for him but I would take him
And would offer value . Matt Martin is missed in Brooklyn

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
alarmist always need something to wail about. I'd be happy if i were buffalo. i'm neutral as a Wild fan.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
all in all from the beginning of the expansion draft to now i don't know how you can be upset if you're a wild fan.
I agree. Yes, this trade wasn't what some were hoping for, but it clears space for actual usable players.

We kept our two prime young D and it only cost a promising prospect and a center whom we couldn't afford anymore anyway... and even got a 3rd coming back from it.

At worst, this is a neutral trade for what it brings the Wild. We didn't get any worse because of who we have stepping in with Olofsson, and if Ennis can stay healthy, he could actually out produce what Pominville was capable of... "IF"

If it cleared enough space so we can lock down Granlund and Nino both to 5+yr deals, this is a win in the end for the Wild vs where they were prior to the trade.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Can you name an NHL player who has had his goal totals RISE in each of the last 5 seasons
Can you name an NHL player who has had his point totals RISEin each of his first 5 seasons and it
Would have been 6 straight but his 2015/16 point total was equal,to his 16/17 total
That's right Marcus Foligno . Let's hope he plays 15 seasons and he keeps trending up.
I would take him on the Islanders in 2 seconds. I wouldn't trade Dehaan for him but I would take him
And would offer value . Matt Martin is missed in Brooklyn

Yeah, but in 6 seasons his production has risen from 13 points to 23 points. He might be a 50-60 points player when there are flying cars, at this pace.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
After thinking about things, most definitely this favors the Sabres short term. However, if Foligno comes to realize his true potential, and Ennis can stay healthy and regain his form, the advantage very well may swing the Wild's way in a few years.

It certainly is possible both teams win.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Yeah, but in 6 seasons his production has risen from 13 points to 23 points. He might be a 50-60 points player when there are flying cars, at this pace.

Lol.
Yeah so ? Doesn't mean what I posted isn't true .
If you bought $1000 dollars of Home Depot stock in 1980 you would be a multi millionaire like me

( except the like me part )

Cheers

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
honestly my main thought is im glad boston didnt make the rumored trade with minny. that said buffalo got the better players but cap hit is a killer

both teams are wasting cap space/roster spots. i suppose both teams feel they improved but when you start so weak, sometimes improvement doesnt add up to much

very glad my bruins avoided this

Captain Holt

Fun? I was never fun! You take that back
Jul 10, 2013
Buffalo
honestly my main thought is im glad boston didnt make the rumored trade with minny. that said buffalo got the better players but cap hit is a killer

both teams are wasting cap space/roster spots. i suppose both teams feel they improved but when you start so weak, sometimes improvement doesnt add up to much

What now? We added 2 million in cap hit to round out our defense. And also upgraded from Tyler Ennis to Pominville.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

Boston wasting far more on Backes and Beleskey

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Brodin only goes for a big overpayment like Reinhart+ or else it really doesn't make any sense to move him. Likely looking at Scandella. Fletcher could be looking at moving him for picks or add something to him like a future 1st for Nylander.

Yeah not so much lol. Minny got fleeced. But at least they dymped pominville

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
The bottom line for me is the Sabres finally have a viable partner for Risto. They have to take Pom's cap hit for up to 2 seasons, but he's still a serviceable forward.

Ennis is damaged goods. Hope for the best for him.

Foligno is the wild card. He has the makings of an aggressive, physical middle-6 forward. But when he disappears, which can be for many consecutive games, a search party can't find him.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
The bottom line for me is the Sabres finally have a viable partner for Risto. They have to take Pom's cap hit for up to 2 seasons, but he's still a serviceable forward..

This is what I think too, Scandella feels like a good partner for Risto..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad