Confirmed Signing with Link: [BUF] F Dylan Cozens signs extension with the Sabres (7 years, $7.1M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Cozens is not the cause of what happens when any of the other lines are on the ice.

Whenever we let in that back-door play for the 5th time in a game.......or some opposing player gets the 10th shot from the slot on us..........

It's never Cozens that's in the wrong place. It's kind of ridiculous how in tune with the defensive side of the game he is given just how clueless the rest of the top 6 can be defensively at times.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
It can also burn you pretty bad…

See Buffalo Sabres - Jeff Skinner

Your post needs context.

Krueger took Skinner off of the PP, cut his minutes and stuck him on the 4th line with Sobotka, Sheary, Lazar, and Sheahan for two seasons.

That is when Skinner's production dropped. Granato put him back on the PP and in a top six role and he became a 30+ goal scorer again instantly.

You can pretend the drop in production is on the player playing worse, but with context it is pretty clear the situation was the central factor in the change.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I figured he woulda learned by the Thompson situation that maybe it's better to bridge it?... But then again seeing these young guys buy in and wanna be somewhere long term is deadly to see.

It's funny out of all the players doing it, I would have never thought it would be Sabres and Senators players... And that's ZERO disrespect whatso ever... It's extremely cool to see these guys buy into their teams program.... Unlike alot of other young guys around the league

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
This is a good deal for both parties. In 4 years if Tage and Dylan can maintain their numbers, this contract and Tage's has the potential to catapult the Sabres in to long term contenders. We shall see if the can sustain that production, but as of right now, the Sabres are looking to be one of the best cap management teams in the league.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Many Sabres fans know the Skinner deal is not great. Many complained about the deal the day it was signed, and that it was one he would never live up to.

It's more comical that you choose to make broad generalizations about all Sabres fans over a discourse with a select few, several of which have flat out said he's overpaid.
Im glad a few can reason with me but the overwhelming majority here think Skinner’s contract is good because he is having a good year this season. It makes my head hurt

Most people quoting you aren’t even Sabres fans. Calling a PPG player and 30 goal scorerer one of the worst contracts is just a bad take that fans of any team can recognize
So he plays good for 1 or 2 years and he is all of a sudden worth it? Thats the dumbest conclusion i have ever heard.

Player X signs a 5 year deal for 40 million
He plays 82 games every year and scores 0 points in 4 of the years. But there is one year he scores over a ppg. That doesnt mean its a good contract….

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Im glad a few can reason with me but the overwhelming majority here think Skinner’s contract is good because he is having a good year this season. It makes my head hurt

So he plays good for 1 or 2 years and he is all of a sudden worth it? Thats the dumbest conclusion i have ever heard.

He plays 82 games every year and scores 0 points in 4 of the years. But there is one year he scores over a ppg. That doesnt mean its a good contract….
Not one person said it was a good deal... you're just gaslighting now

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
These deals are gonna look really good when the cap goes up if they continue their current trajectory. It’s a great time to be a team getting close to coming out of their rebuild…and it’s a tough time for teams at the top with tight caps.

Yeah, but some of those teams at the top have had some amazing runs and aren't dead yet.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

No. No one is saying that Skinner's deal is a GOOD deal. People are saying that it's not nearly as bad as you're making it out to be.

Pretty much everyone is saying he's like $2-3M AAV overpaid. Which isn't a good deal........but it's far from being one of the worst in the NHL.

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006
When Boldy signed his extension, somebody asked (and I'm paraphrasing) "If Boldy signed for 7x$7 million, I'm scared to think of what Cozens will get".

I said that he would get about the same, and I got jumped on for that.
You want a cookie? Sabres got a better deal here than Minne.

Reactions: Asymmetric Solution

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012

person says its not a bad contract, you respond with the bolded

just a tip when you think someone has come to the dumbest conclusion ever, highly likely its your reading comprehension

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Congrats to the much-hated Sabres on this.

I haven't seen Cozens nearly as much as Buffalo fans have but a deal like this isn't likely going to ever look bad. Even if his ceiling is a decent 2C as the cap goes up, $7M won't be a cap killer for that spot given what 2Cs are getting now.
Are we much hated? Could be it's always hard to tell.

Reactions: kevsh

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
The fact that no Sabres fans can accept its a terrible deal is comical.

Its literally the exact same thing as saying the Erik Karlsson deal is good because he is having a good season this year.
No its not...Skinner had one bad year because a coach didn't want to give him any time to actually play the game he didn't suffer a huge injury.

Reactions: Jeremy2020

Rybo

Dec 27, 2022
New Jersey
Your post needs context.

Krueger took Skinner off of the PP, cut his minutes and stuck him on the 4th line with Sobotka, Sheary, Lazar, and Sheahan for two seasons.

That is when Skinner's production dropped. Granato put him back on the PP and in a top six role and he became a 30+ goal scorer again instantly.

You can pretend the drop in production is on the player playing worse, but with context it is pretty clear the situation was the central factor in the change.
Still never should have gotten 9m!

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse

No one is saying he is worth the contract.

No one is saying it’s a good contract.

Everyone is saying you’re opinion that it’s one of the worst is a bad opinion.

that is textbook changing the goal posts from “ItS tHE WoRsT” to “why does everyone think it’s a good contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad