OT: B's Bar: Stirred - not shaken - with a twist of of sanity

Status
Not open for further replies.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Yeah, Emp, the upshot of it is that they can nickel and dime you to death or make it incredibly unpleasant to live there, and since they're teathered to the "land" and not the house per se, they still have some surprising amount of authority. IANAL, but from what I've heard from friends in condos or with HOA, if you don't play ball, they can make it financially difficult REALLY quickly. :dunno:

I think it's majorly bogus-- I can't imagine giving enough of a f*** about my neighbors right next door, unless they're having wild parties or blaring music into the night, so giving a f*** about what color someone is painting their house is even more mindboggling.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
The mods can't help you now. They're all at their tailors.

Phil_Daniels_large.gif

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Anyone play 'divinity: original sin 2'?

I don't remember if I've asked before... my brain is at that moment in between no coffee and finishing my first coffee.... I can be everywhere.. yet ... no where...

Ya know... I feel like its not real. HAH.. then I wake up and figure out it is real and just..... *deep breath - sigh*..... and carry on.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Now wait a minute, don't shit on square pizza. The best pizza in the Pittsburgh area is Jioio's and they have square pizza.

What the f*** is a HOA?

Home owner's association, basically a bunch of uppity white people who want to have a say in everyone else's business.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
Home Owners Association or something like that.... what I gather from the convo's

Yeah, they're big down here. Ours is only $50 a year (which I have yet to pay in two years in this house, whoops) but other homes we've looked at are as high as like $300 a month.

All they really do is make the neighborhood look presentable through their fees. What that means varies. Like some HOAs limit what you can do with your house. Paint colors, where you can put your garbage can, no above ground pools, etc. while other fees go toward things like maintaining green spaces, roadways in the neighborhood, signage, etc.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Now wait a minute, don't shit on square pizza. The best pizza in the Pittsburgh area is Jioio's and they have square pizza.
get the f*** out of here with Jioio's unless you're having a slice for dessert.
Yes but I'm sure that, unlike the local so-called "famous" square pizza, that Jioio's uses consistent, quality ingredients and actually cooks the damned thing.
I'm pretty sure it's 90% sugar.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Oh does it have that sugar-sauce a la Papa Johns? Not my thing.

Just about anything is better than DiCarlos, though. I have no idea how people here have convinced themselves this shit is any good. Tastes like it's made out of Spaghetti-Os, a grab bag of cheap cheese and uncooked Hormel pepperoni that's been sitting on the shelf too long.

I like a good Detroit style. But I'll always be a NY style fold-it-up kinda guy at heart.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Oh does it have that sugar-sauce a la Papa Johns? Not my thing.

Just about anything is better than DiCarlos, though. I have no idea how people here have convinced themselves this shit is any good. Tastes like it's made out of Spaghetti-Os, a grab bag of cheap cheese and uncooked Hormel pepperoni that's been sitting on the shelf too long.

I like a good Detroit style. But I'll always be a NY style fold-it-up kinda guy at heart.
Never had DiCarlo's. I'm actually not sure if I've ever actually had Papa John's either actually. But yeah, it's super sweet. I went to school in Latrobe so I've been forced to suffer through way too much Jioio's in my day. I'll choose Domino's, Fox's, or Vocelli's over Jioio's every time.

I love that I live in delivery range for Caliente now, though I do miss Picasso's. I really should grab some Fiori's, but who wants to leave the house?

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
get the f*** out of here with Jioio's unless you're having a slice for dessert.

I'm pretty sure it's 90% sugar.

My mother made me a pizza once when I was a kid and she .. in a drunken mistake... took sugar for salt and sprinkled that on the tomato sauce and it was the best pizza she ever made.

Of course she was hammered and had no recollection of what she actually did so she never successfully recreated that one time masterpiece.

Reactions: tom_servo

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
My mother made me a pizza once when I was a kid and she .. in a drunken mistake... took sugar for salt and sprinkled that on the tomato sauce and it was the best pizza she ever made.

Of course she was hammered and had no recollection of what she actually did so she never successfully recreated that one time masterpiece.
yuck. Not my style at all. Which is funny because I have a ridiculous sweet tooth. But I don't want it on my pizza.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
You've never had Papa Johns? We used to live directly across from one back in my college years... I STILL wouldn't eat it, even after well-plied with boozy drinks.

Oh man... Fox's. Jioio's MUST be terrible, then. Haha

New Dominos is actually not bad. Vocelli has always been good for chain-status pizza. Just overpriced.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
You've never had Papa Johns? We used to live directly across from one back in my college years... I STILL wouldn't eat it, even after well-plied with boozy drinks.

Oh man... Fox's. Jioio's MUST be terrible, then. Haha

New Dominos is actually not bad. Vocelli has always been good for chain-status pizza. Just overpriced.
if I ever had Papa John's it was at a party or something and I didn't realize it. The candy store by my house as a kid and closed down and was replaced by a Papa John's, and I've never forgiven them since :laugh: They are an easy boycott considering I don't hear many good things about them. I mean if I was somewhere with pizza and it was Papa John's I'd eat it, but I've never had it be my only option to order for myself.

Also, who doesn't love the Fox's Big Daddy?

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Saying Jioio's pizza is very sweet is definitely true, but I take issue with saying it's worse than Fox's or Domino's :laugh:

I think it's just a preference of taste, though. Jioio's pizza isn't really normal pizza, it's like a specialty pizza you get every once in a while. It's kinda the same way as Mineo's or Vincent's, who have super greasy and dummy thicc pizzas.

I also only got Papa John's when one of my clubs in college would be hosting events, and we'd only do Papa John's because they delivered. I haven't eaten pizza out in like 2 months, but the last 2 times I ate out, I got Frank's (which is another specialty pizza) and Pizza Fiesta.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
if I ever had Papa John's it was at a party or something and I didn't realize it. The candy store by my house closed down and was replaced by a Papa John's, and I've never forgiven them since :laugh: They are an easy boycott considering I don't hear many good things about them. I mean if I was somewhere with pizza and it was Papa John's I'd eat it, but I've never had it be my only option to order for myself.

Also, who doesn't love the Fox's Big Daddy?

We had a Fox's around here years ago that was gnarly. Then another one in Morgantown that was somehow even worse. Something tells me they are a bit like DiCarlos and vary wildly from place to place.

When it comes to cheapass drunk pizza in quantity... gotta tell ya... I'm a Little Caesars guy.

Just... don't attempt to re-warm it. Gross.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
yuck. Not my style at all. Which is funny because I have a ridiculous sweet tooth. But I don't want it on my pizza.
It wasn't overkill. It was just right. It just had enough of a kick to be a mite sweeter than normal. Dang was it good.... crust on up.

--
Hey I watched HP and the half blood prince last night. That was easily the best story and kind of 'unleashed' episode of the series so far. Seemed like they let them open it up a bit instead of being so narrow focused.

Now the last two movies... or one movie split up into two parts. Not really looking forward to part 1 knowing it's just a teaser and setup for the finale.

Have to find another series to watch after this. I'm watching Rick and Morty, but wifey does not get the jokes at all... and I mean 0%... she says its a 'smart show'. I said no it isn't... you just have to understand the things they are talking about (which she doesn't). She also says Mystery Science Theater 3000 is a smart show... I said the same thing, you just have to understand the references for the jokes to land.

Oh... I'm also rewatching Dark season 1 because I can't get into season 2 since I forget most of season 1. That show is pretty heavy to follow. I think it's one of the best shows going though... under the popularity radar or not... german or dubbed it's a good watch.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Saying Jioio's pizza is very sweet is definitely true, but I take issue with saying it's worse than Fox's or Domino's :laugh:

I think it's just a preference of taste, though. Jioio's pizza isn't really normal pizza, it's like a specialty pizza you get every once in a while. It's kinda the same way as Mineo's or Vincent's, who have super greasy and dummy thicc pizzas.
yeah it's definitely preference. I don't like sweet pizza in the first place, and they are oversweet. And I was overexposed to it in college. If I was going somewhere and I knew the dinner was Jioio's pizza, I'd eat before I went. So I personally prefer Fox's or Domino's, and it's not really even close for me. I'd rather mediocre normal pizza over the best supersweet pizza there is :nod:

Last edited:
Reactions: LOGiK

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
We had a Fox's around here years ago that was gnarly. Then another one in Morgantown that was somehow even worse. Something tells me they are a bit like DiCarlos and vary wildly from place to place.

When it comes to cheapass drunk pizza in quantity... gotta tell ya... I'm a Little Caesars guy.

Just... don't attempt to re-warm it. Gross.

Add me to the Little Caesar's group too, they're probably my favorite cheap pizza. $5 for a 4 slice deep dish pizza and a soda? That's a great deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad