OT: B's Bar: Stirred - not shaken - with a twist of of sanity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
We had a Fox's around here years ago that was gnarly. Then another one in Morgantown that was somehow even worse. Something tells me they are a bit like DiCarlos and vary wildly from place to place.

When it comes to cheapass drunk pizza in quantity... gotta tell ya... I'm a Little Caesars guy.

Just... don't attempt to re-warm it. Gross.
Fox's was the only delivery pizza near my house growing up. And the only option for a party size pizza. It's not good good, but it's like chicken nuggets or hot dog good. It's like I'm at a 3rd grade birthday party at the skating rink.

note: we had better pizza, but you had to go get it.

Little Caesars is definitely better.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
It wasn't overkill. It was just right. It just had enough of a kick to be a mite sweeter than normal. Dang was it good.... crust on up.

--
Hey I watched HP and the half blood prince last night. That was easily the best story and kind of 'unleashed' episode of the series so far. Seemed like they let them open it up a bit instead of being so narrow focused.

Now the last two movies... or one movie split up into two parts. Not really looking forward to part 1 knowing it's just a teaser and setup for the finale.

Have to find another series to watch after this. I'm watching Rick and Morty, but wifey does not get the jokes at all... and I mean 0%... she says its a 'smart show'. I said no it isn't... you just have to understand the things they are talking about (which she doesn't). She also says Mystery Science Theater 3000 is a smart show... I said the same thing, you just have to understand the references for the jokes to land.

Oh... I'm also rewatching Dark season 1 because I can't get into season 2 since I forget most of season 1. That show is pretty heavy to follow. I think it's one of the best shows going though... under the popularity radar or not... german or dubbed it's a good watch.
You've hit the point in HP where I only saw them the one time in theaters, so I really barely remember them. But I remember enjoying them well enough.

I've only watched the first episode of Rick and Morty. I didn't think it was at all funny. I guess I should give a few more episodes a shot, but I just really didn't enjoy that first one even a little.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Add me to the Little Caesar's group too, they're probably my favorite cheap pizza. $5 for a 4 slice deep dish pizza and a soda? That's a great deal.

Yeah man they kinda surprised me. After they sorta reinvented themselves with the Hot n Ready I was a fan. It might be pretty questionable quality but it's tasty enough and like you said... 5 f***ing bucks, man.

Reactions: EightyOne

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
yeah we lived a block from the one in Dormont in my first place out of college. We ate a lot of hot n readies.

They had one right outside of Towers in Morgantown. Which was a like... good 15 minute drunken stumble from where we lived in lower Sunnyside but we still made the journey a troubling amount of times every week. Half the fun of living in Morgantown was walking around everywhere soaking in the insanity.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
My big memory of Morgantown the first time I went was how many bail bonds places I saw. :laugh:

It's really hard to believe that place like... simply exists. WV is kind of a surreal place, in a lot of ways. It's changed a good bit since I was there, though. Tons of development in last 10 years.

Back when I was there is was winding down a bit from it peak party days but it was still pretty unhinged. There was drunken rioting after like every football game win or lose.

I burned a few couches. When in Redneck Rome, amirite?

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Add me to the Little Caesar's group too, they're probably my favorite cheap pizza. $5 for a 4 slice deep dish pizza and a soda? That's a great deal.

If you can survive the sodium overdose than yeah... it is a cheap meal that's for the most part edible.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Guys.. once again we cannot turn all threads into political topics. I'm sorry but this website is actually HF Boards. That was hockey's future. This is not the designated area. I know it's tough to keep thigns simple at a time like this, especially with no hockey to discuss. I would recommend other forums if you want political talk. We had a political board and it went to shit.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Speaking of booze, my stomach has been pretty f***ed for about 6 weeks now due to gastritis, but has finally felt good enough today for me to try to drink my first beer in over 6 weeks. This stomach stuff has sucked, but I'm down about 25-30 lbs, am no longer drinking 18-24 beers a week (and don't really want to get back to that either) and the pain has only lasted this long because I wasn't doing the appropriate treatment. It has really started clearing up recently because I realized that "don't eat fatty foods" is a part of the treatment, not just a suggestion :laugh:

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
Reminds me of:

Funny Cracker story: I used to be in radio and one day Cracker came to town. The band was supposed to do a studio set and I was the only one with a van to bring the whole band so I had to drive to their hotel.

Turns out Dave Lowery was the only one coming, just to do a one person acoustic set. So his agent/girlfriend climbs in the passenger seat and he climbs in the back of my Ford Aerostar for a trip to the studio.

His girlfriend is nice and chatty, he doesn’t say much. He performs I Hate my Generation and few other classics from Cracker and Camper Van Beethoven. Then it’s back to my van for a trip back to the hotel.

His girlfriend is chatty and kind. We drive by a movie theater. At the time Ratatouille was playing. Dave opens his mouth for like the first time “Oh, my buddy is the lead voice in that.” Just casually dropping that he’s friends with Patton Oswalt.

We make it to the hotel where his girlfriend asks if I’ll be at the show, I assume for some amazing backstage green room experience. Nope, I’m stuck at the studio making sure live hits get on air.

They both thank me for the ride and say bye. And I’ve never seen them again.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Speaking of booze, my stomach has been pretty f***ed for about 6 weeks now due to gastritis, but has finally felt good enough today for me to try to drink my first beer in over 6 weeks. This stomach stuff has sucked, but I'm down about 25-30 lbs, am no longer drinking 18-24 beers a week (and don't really want to get back to that either) and the pain has only lasted this long because I wasn't doing the appropriate treatment. It has really started clearing up recently because I realized that "don't eat fatty foods" is a part of the treatment, not just a suggestion :laugh:

I’m surprised you have lost weight after not drinking nearly 3 beers a day lol.

Hopefully they were like lagers and MGD.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I’m surprised you have lost weight after not drinking nearly 3 beers a day lol.

Hopefully they were like lagers and MGD.

I'm actually drinking some of my Kolsch homebrews right now, and honestly....I just kinda don't like alcohol anymore :laugh:

I had the same reaction when I tried a seltzer over memorial day weekend. I just don't really like alcohol anymore.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Dude this is the best part. The anticipation. It's the most fun. Shoot some pics when you get it.

I will! It's a used Gretsch reissue of the iconic 1959 G6120-- the Brian Setzer/Neil Young guitar (Which means nothing to most people here, I know :laugh:) I've wanted one since I was 14-- I used to call up Pianos N' Stuff and Johnny B Goode's on the regular seeing if they had one for sale for (and under my meager budget). Not the most practical purchase, but I was able to shift a bunch of old guitar effects and amps I had lying around in the before-COVID times, so it's been bought with the house's money, so to speak.

G6120-3080.jpg

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I know nothing about guitars, but Seattle's Museum of Pop Culture has a real nice collection.

It does indeed. Definitely one of my favorite places to visit in Seattle.

Guitars are weird. They're tools above all, but the way people talk about them as if they're some sort of living, magical totems is always off to me. Imagine Lemieux talking like that about his skates or helmet, for example. But on the other hand, I also kind of get it, because my first guitar that I learned on, an old cheapo acoustic, has been with me everywhere I go, since I was 14. :laugh:

This is the first legitimately pricey guitar I've ever owned, though, so that's also taking some getting used to. I guess I have to actually treat it nicely. Thank goodness I got it for a really good price (about 50% of what it went for new).

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
It does indeed. Definitely one of my favorite places to visit in Seattle.

Guitars are weird. They're tools above all, but the way people talk about them as if they're some sort of living, magical totems is always off to me. Imagine Lemieux talking like that about his skates or helmet, for example. But on the other hand, I also kind of get it, because my first guitar that I learned on, an old cheapo acoustic, has been with me everywhere I go, since I was 14. :laugh:

This is the first legitimately pricey guitar I've ever owned, though, so that's also taking some getting used to. I guess I have to actually treat it nicely. Thank goodness I got it for a really good price (about 50% of what it went for new).

After I was done at the Museum of Pop I started walking back to my hotel. On the way back I saw a bar I've been wanting to go to so I stopped in. I'm the only one there since it's still relatively early/they just opened and am talking to the only worker there. Turns out he just moved to Seattle from Fort Worth. I ask him what he did in Texas and he said he was working at a brewery, which happened to be one of the three that I've been to in the state. It turns out we've crossed paths before since he said if it was open there was a 99% chance he was working. Small world. :laugh:

Side note: Seattle isn't really that walkable. Well, it is, because they've got sidewalks, but all the hills suck. And rain.

Reactions: HandshakeLine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad