OT: B's Bar: Stirred - not shaken - with a twist of of sanity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
We tackled the garage today. Not done, but the majority of it is, and because we pulled so much out we were able to sell some of the things we planned on selling at the yard sale in a week or two. Stuff I don't need to take to Butler now...Yay.... I don't have make multiple trips now. Trailer is loaded down with still more.

Heard about the crap around PPG. Hope those idiots get caught. Turned a peaceful protest into a shit storm.

Edit: One of my sons friend, mom owns a Subway down there and they broke in the door and demanded the workers to open the safe. This is not what this was to be about. Hope they get out of there safe. Should have shut down the city for the day.

Last edited:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
We tackled the garage today. Not done, but the majority of it is, and because we pulled so much out we were able to sell some of the things we planned on selling at the yard sale in a week or two. Stuff I don't need to take to Butler now...Yay.... I don't have make multiple trips now. Trailer is loaded down with still more.

Heard about the crap around PPG. Hope those idiots get caught. Turned a peaceful protest into a shit storm.

I mean, honestly this shit is way bigger than a Mario Lemieux statue as stupid as it is what they did.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
That's a great area. I asked since I thought you said Shadyside (another great area) in the past. I'm just assuming there's going to be protests in Shadyside on Walnut tonight.
When I was young yes, but in my teens and adulthood, it's been Sewickley. Outside of living in the UK for some stretches like Birmingham.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Its fun, it’s fine. I bought it the same time i bought Spider-Man and that took up most of my gaming time. Now I’m at like 97% on Spider-Man.
I don't even know if I should just start all over at this point. I haven't played it in a while, I don't know what I was trying to accomplish the last time I fired it up.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Please refrain from posting about the incident in Minnesota, or events connected to it. This isn’t the place for it.

Thanks

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Got some roller shades installed and got some windows replaced:

CY0gmz7.jpg

5TI2Nd0.jpg

AM85sVH.jpg

I need to cover up that exposed part of the wall with something. May eventually get some shutters installed there too. I removed the tall, yellow peg board and painted the wall. The other one will get taken down once I get more storage space.

And here's my backyard:

B1aZncM.jpg

XeJYqTD.jpg

I have no idea what the previous owners planted. And I've no clue what's a weed and what isn't. :laugh:

I need to plant some pumpkin seeds.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

CY0gmz7.jpg

5TI2Nd0.jpg

AM85sVH.jpg

I need to cover up that exposed part of the wall with something. May eventually get some shutters installed there too. I removed the tall, yellow peg board and painted the wall. The other one will get taken down once I get more storage space.

And here's my backyard:

B1aZncM.jpg

XeJYqTD.jpg

I have no idea what the previous owners planted. And I've no clue what's a weed and what isn't. :laugh:

You have so much potential in the backyard, Randy... Other than obvious trees/shrubs, just wipe the slate clean.... Throw up a small permanent canopy sitting area in the very back to rest and admire your progress and get to work on your oasis.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Oh, how's everyone doing on the Pens art contest?

I've got a single vote.:laugh:

Some great stuff. I think I'll get on and give everyone a like since the top 5 are blowing everyone away.

Edit: For giggles I submitted my "Waiting on a friend" gif.:laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: HandshakeLine

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Can anyone recommend some good, cheap, easy to apply door seals for a door that opens to a balcony? We've got ants and a draft coming in because it looks like our landlord didn't seal it properly.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

And here's my backyard:

B1aZncM.jpg

XeJYqTD.jpg

I love the yard. I would love to have some sort of a garden. That's a very new desire for me, basically just to plant peppers, onions, and tomatoes. Freaking peppers were like $6 a lb at the store today.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Can anyone recommend some good, cheap, easy to apply door seals for a door that opens to a balcony? We've got ants and a draft coming in because it looks like our landlord didn't seal it properly.

Depends on the door. Is it a slider or a regular man door? Either way, adding ant bait traps and spray to the outside will usually take care of your issue. Don't be discouraged if it takes up to a week to be fully rid of them. Just face the trap the way they travel to the door. Had this issue before. Make sure there isn't anything near the door for them to be attracted to easily. For us it was a syrup bottle that was not cleaned off after many uses.

Man door: Add a bottom rubber door seal for the draft. You may need additional foam weather stripping to close off gaps at the ends.
satin-nickel-frost-king-door-bottoms-a79sn-64_400_compressed.jpg
gray-m-d-building-products-foam-tapes-02253-64_1000.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: HandshakeLine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad