News Article: Bryan Murray Has Stage Four Cancer, Terminal Diagnosis

BigBush*

Tim Murray a class act. Saying had they known earlier about Bryan he would of stuck by his side in Ottawa and nit jumped on the chance to be another GM. Probably would have been Ottawa's next GM

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The problem is that cancer is not one disease. It is actually over 100 different diseases, all manifesting themselves in the same way. This is why some cancers are easier to treat than others. In some, we have made significant progress. (Leukemia is one good example.) Some other cancers, though, are stubbornly resistant to treatment and often don't display symptoms until it is too late. It's an exceptionally complex puzzle for doctors and researchers to solve, and the progress comes in increments as opposed to the broad swaths we all would prefer.

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
I obviously care enough about the team to actively participate in online discussions here and on Twitter, but after some reflection, I'm having a difficult time caring about any other aspect of the team right now. My heart really goes out to Bryan and his family. I sincerely hope our community can pull the slightest good from this tragedy and give more attention to preventative measures.

Rals

Apr 5, 2011
Ottawa
Sucks that a colonoscopy would have solved it. Poor Brian. Still, if someone told me before getting launched from heaven to earth that I would live to 72 and be a hockey lifer rock star I'd take it.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Sens fans absolutely need to start a Murray chant at their next home game.

I know i would if i actually lived in Ottawa and went to their next home game.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Just saw the TSN feature.

Man, just sad that he is counting down his days, but his attitude towards the whole thing is inspiring and remarkable.

Rals

Apr 5, 2011
Ottawa
Tim Murray a class act. Saying had they known earlier about Bryan he would of stuck by his side in Ottawa and nit jumped on the chance to be another GM. Probably would have been Ottawa's next GM

This makes me so sad.

Did Ottawa really not have a succession plan for a 70 year old?

Our organisations management is ridiculous some times.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
All the world is praying for you and your family Bryan, my father past away in 2001 of esophagus cancer at the age of 71, Thank you so much for all you did for this franchise and the city of Ottawa, we will never forget you.
You deserve a standing ovation God bless. :clap::clap:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes