News Article: Bryan Murray Has Stage Four Cancer, Terminal Diagnosis

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
Really love Bryan as a person and truly believe he is one of the best hockey minds left in the game. I wish Bryan and his family nothing but the best.

I know it doesn't look good, but stranger things have happened. Keep fighting Bryan, the entire hockey community is rooting for you.

Edit: I just watched the video, absolutely devastating. Tearing up on my couch, this is a brave, courageous, class act. If anyone can take the fight to cancer, I believe Bryan Murray is the man, he's humble and has the right mentality to extend his life as best he can. The NHL needs more Bryan Murray's, he's truly one of a kind imo.

Last edited:

strongbad

Apr 22, 2007
That's sad. I was hoping it was treatable when it was first announced. Just saw the TSN special and they said it's stage 4, pretty much terminal at this point. Sad day. Always liked Bryan Murray.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Let's not count Mr. Murray out yet...that tough, old bugger is a fighter.

yes that's what i was thinking. he is still here and things can happen. positivity never hurts.
Just want to make my appreciation for Bryan known.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I always remember the story about the late Gene Upshaw, former Oakland Raiders great and President of the NFLPA. Upshaw was working full time, lucid and completely engaged, until about four days before his passing. That'll be Bryan Murray, because that is who he is as well.

I hope the in-house camera pans to him during a break at the Nashville game so that we can all give him the salute he deserves. He won't want that, but I think the fans will want to show their support and appreciation.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Win it for Bryan :) Come on guys lets get behind this one. Lets send this guy off with a cup.

Oct 31, 2011
Ottawa
As someone who has fought and beat cancer this hurts so much to hear that it's stage 4. I hope the best for him and his family in his last days on earth, he's done the Senators a huge blessing being here and managing us the way he did. God bless you Brian Murray.

koreaboy

Oct 14, 2010
goddammit. that was hard to watch. been in that waiting room in that video with family members. just lost a very good friend to stage4 colon that went to the liver and lungs. terrible, terrible disease. pray for the man and his family. a good, good man.

the chant every game for him has to be done, imo.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The fact that he allowed the cameras to follow him in to his chemo treatments and the stoic, matter of fact manner in which he faced it is incredibly inspiring. The fact that he retained his sense of humor even in the face of all that is even more incredible. He is helping so many people through both the courage and character he is showing, and the awareness he is raising...

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
He can still do it. My dad had stage 4 cancer twice. Gall bladder. (Second time it came back) Hes still kicking, stealing my cheerios and working 13 hours a day. His biggest illness in life, though, he has never overcome: being a Leafs fan.

You can do it, Bryan!

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
"How do you cure that? Alcohol?"

:laugh:

Dude still got that humour.

In all the years I've known about Bryan Murray, his humor is something I've always enjoyed. Whether it was pre / post game interviews or press conferences, he has always been sincere, with a good heart and humor. I just watched the video on TSN and had a few tears. I am saddened deeply by this disease and the good people it strikes. May all your final days be of the best kind Murray. We are rooting for you and this team you've built for us to watch.

Cruizer3000

Sep 17, 2009
Unbelievably sad news. I really hope the team can rally around him and get him the Cup he deserves.
All the best to him and hope he can fight it off for as long as possible.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Bryan Murray has a great life and it's hard to see guys with so much to give and still having the dream of winning get afflicted like this...here's the Murray's and wishing them all the best. Something good will come out of this, I'm going to get checked when my time comes that's for sure

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
Poor guy. I hope he isn't in too much pain... and if he gets there, I hope he has had the "conversation" with those around him.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
He can still do it. My dad had stage 4 cancer twice. Gall bladder. (Second time it came back) Hes still kicking, stealing my cheerios and working 13 hours a day. His biggest illness in life, though, he has never overcome: being a Leafs fan.

You can do it, Bryan!

good story. I was just going to post..do people have good survival stories to tell? What about different treatment ideas? Links?

http://www.cancercompass.com/message-board/message/all,58921,0.htm

On July 22nd, 2004 I was diagnosed with Stage IV colon cancer with mets to the liver and lymph node.
I was given six months to live but told I oculd die at any minute.
I went to a top rated hospital, signed up for a Stage II clinical trial and have no evidence of disease since September of 2004.

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Should sport a shoulder patch to support him of maybe his Shawville Pontiac's number.

This is such a reminder of Roger Neilsen

Max Power

Nov 15, 2005
Cancer is a devastating disease that will or has affected all of us in our lives. I just cant believe in this day and age our best and most common treatments consist of radiation or almost poisoning yourself to death. My heart goes out to Bryan, his family and all other who are affected by this.

good story. I was just going to post..do people have good survival stories to tell? What about different treatment ideas? Links?

http://www.cancercompass.com/message-board/message/all,58921,0.htm

Many studies have shown foods high in carotenoids have high anti cancer benefits and can help ward off cancer. Having a diet that consists of many fruit and vegetable is a no brainer but some foods have higher value in fighting off free radicals in your body. Many people have sworn on combining raw honey and cinnamon can fight cancer but no study has been done on this.

There are many new less evasive treatment methods coming out like laser probe burning or high-intensity ultrasound but who knows how long these will take to be more common. Keeping stock holders happy is more important then cancer suffering

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad