Pre-Game Talk: Bruins vs Colorado Avalanche 10/10 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I love that they are 2-0 and winning fairly convincingly and yet still look sloppy and aren't playing to full capacity yet.

The chemistry will get better (IMO) . Plus they are so deep...Players can step in without much problem.

They will work on the "sloppy" play.

It is a good time to be a B's fan :)

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Although it's boring, I don't mind the break right now.

Lets Yeti recover, Krejci back to 100%, and four practice days for Loui and Iggy. Still getting used to it here. Can't wait until Thursday, though. :)

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
The Yeti didn't come here to ride the pine after losing his spot due to his injury. He plays for either Caron or Smith and will only lose that if he under performs, not because of injury. If I was CJ, I would move Caron to the 4th line RW spot, sit Thornton and put Soderberg on 3rd line LW. That is a much better lineup than having Thornton in there.
The Yeti appeared to be finding a groove in the preseason but as far as his regular season games,last year,he didn't look any better than Smith or Caron have looked in the first two games.Before you jump all over me,I realize he was in a very tough spot and will now be significantly better or he should be.My point is,I think I would wait until Smith or Caron has a so so game before replacing either one and unfortunately in Caron's case,it is probably coming soon(hope I am wrong).

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
The Yeti appeared to be finding a groove in the preseason but as far as his regular season games,last year,he didn't look any better than Smith or Caron have looked in the first two games.Before you jump all over me,I realize he was in a very tough spot and will now be significantly better or he should be.My point is,I think I would wait until Smith or Caron has a so so game before replacing either one and unfortunately in Caron's case,it is probably coming soon(hope I am wrong).

He earned it out of camp-they aren't holding him in the pressbox until somebody screws up.

My guess is he still won't be playing on Thursday-he is skating on his own right now and I suspect they are going to want practices with contact under his belt before he plays.

If Avs are speedy on the forecheck the Bruins are going to have their hands full. How did the Avs defense look?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
24 hours to go! I'll have the GDT up by 8 Eastern. I think I found our lucky spoon so stay tuned!

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Watched tonight's game ,they're very fast on the forecheck , should be a good game when it finally happens.

Caught the final 2 periods, have watched 2 of their previous 3 games, they play fast, up tempo hockey, their weekness is on D.

Should be a fun game, it definitely won`t be one where we`ll see much in the way of a trapping style;)

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Hey guys figured I would post this here for you guys to get a laugh out of

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=2013020037-153-h

It's Toronto Toughguy Colton Orr trying to destroy Nathan MacKinnon and he just bounces right off lol

Good luck in our game Thursday, though the B's are pretty superior to the Avs in every facet you might not need luck :)

Thx, watched Mack get chased/hunted down by kids here for 2 years trying to hit him, he`s built solid, might not be tall but he`s thick...Orr found that out the hard way, then he tried to set Mack up for his first NHL goal in the 2nd period with a typical Orr giveaway:)

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Hey guys figured I would post this here for you guys to get a laugh out of

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=2013020037-153-h

It's Toronto Toughguy Colton Orr trying to destroy Nathan MacKinnon and he just bounces right off lol

Good luck in our game Thursday, though the B's are pretty superior to the Avs in every facet you might not need luck :)

I dunno about every facet....your team's got some serious speed up front. That's gonna be fun to watch a reasonably young team start to find some cohesion together.

Curious to see if Varly is the real deal on a consistent basis. Has some flashes where he looks like a solid goaltender but man, can throw some serious clunkers in there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad