Pre-Game Talk: Bruins vs Colorado Avalanche 10/10 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
KC Bruins asked about a pre game thread leading up to the GDT and I think it's a great idea so let's try it. Nothing fancy just a place to talk about both teams and the game.

Interesting topics:

Patrick Roy and his temper. Will Boston fans get to him?
Will Yeti be back?
Will Gabriel Landeskog be back?
Does Chad Johnson get a start?
Does Matt Bartkowski get a chance to play?

Mods, feel free to lock this if needed.

Edit: 2 more days!!!

Last edited:

KCBRUIN

Tuukka Time
Nov 11, 2010
Kansas City Mo.
I think a thread like this can stop 8 different threads from being started between now and game time. Updates to player status, and just questions about the team can be here.

What the H were the schedule makers thinking with this layoff?

This Bruins team is so deep I'm getting pretty pumped about this team already.

gvkmedia

20th Captain in franchise history.
Mar 2, 2002
Oshawa.
www.hollandbloorview.ca
I find Steve Downey to be very Matt Cooke like.
His antics are lame and dangerous.

I would love to see Johnny B line him up with a clean hit and/or Chara stare him down to the afraid state.

Colorado is on the rise - so I hope they don't take them lightly.
It's a long wait to Thursday.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Hopefully they reinforce the stanchions between benches, wouldn't want Krejci getting hit with a pane of glass again. :sarcasm:

Nightslyr

Mar 26, 2002
NH
I think it helps. Yeti gets more rest and our lines get a few days to really work on their chemistry and clean things up a bit.

I agree, especially with Marchand/Loui.

In general, it's been refreshing to see a solid 3rd line again. The Bruins live and die by organizational depth, and it seems a lot deeper this year than last. Backup goalie may be an issue, but skater depth seems much improved.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I think it helps. Yeti gets more rest and our lines get a few days to really work on their chemistry and clean things up a bit.

And Krejci gets a few more days to fix whatever ailed him (back spasms?).

I would like to see Yeti play on Thursday although Caron has done well enough that I am fine if they want him to sit a bit more.

I am curious to see how this goas-I don't even remember the Avalanche game 2011/2012.

Roy might be entertaining-I think the fans will definitely taunt him.

blackngold4877

Aug 31, 2006

I would like to see Yeti play on Thursday although Caron has done well enough that I am fine if they want him to sit a bit more.

I am curious to see how this goas-I don't even remember the Avalanche game 2011/2012.

I don't think you can sit Caron after the game he just had. It's a good problem to have, the depth on this team is incredible.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I agree, especially with Marchand/Loui.

In general, it's been refreshing to see a solid 3rd line again. The Bruins live and die by organizational depth, and it seems a lot deeper this year than last. Backup goalie may be an issue, but skater depth seems much improved.
I am cautiously optimistic about our 3rd line,I just hope Smith and Caron can keep up the intensity.I wouldn't give them much leeway as far as that goes.Neither player has the luxury of coasting for a game or two. It is kind of sad and ironic,Caron playing the way he is right now could of helped us so much against Chicago, instead we had to utilize Dogman.I guess it just wasn't meant to be (winning the Cup).

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Any Yeti injury updates yet?

Nothing much since they were off yesterday. We should know something more today when they practice again.

As much as I want him to play, I don't want him to bed rendered ineffective like Looch was when he sprained his ankle.

I think it's a big test for Caron (if he plays) and the 3rd line on Thursday. Off to a hot start and now we have a bit of a break. If they can maintain their play for the next 3 days then I think it is safe to say they're back.

Colorado plays Toronto tomorrow night so we should get a better idea of how they match up against an Eastern conference team.

I'm hoping to see Bartkowski Thursday. Love Dougie but I want to see what Bart can do.

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
Interesting topics:

We could only be so fortunate...who ya got in a fight? Claude or Patty?

Will Yeti be back?

Despite the quick start from Caron and Smith, I still think Yeti deserves a shot when he's ready to go. I think he has more offensive upside than either of those two players. Or I would least like to give him the chance to prove that he doesn't.

Hopefully not. I feel like Johnson is just going to have to get used to long layoffs between starts. I think Tuukka will and should get a ton of work this year.

I would like to see him in there. Based on his play last year and in the pre-season, he deserves a chance to state his case. He's a guy, unlike Johnson, that I don't want to see them put on ice.

Three more days!!! Let the anticipation build!!! Woooooooo hooooooooooo!!!

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

There will be times where he takes a seat upstairs, I`d be shocked if that time is Thursday with all due respect.

Watched the Avs/Preds game last week out of interest in seeing Mooseheads Alum Mackinnon and how he`s doing. Away from the dot, the kid is great, but last I heard, he went 2-14 on the dot:amazed:

Should be fun, fine #2 coming for Roy is my only prediction:)

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Interesting topics:

We could only be so fortunate...who ya got in a fight? Claude or Patty?

Will Yeti be back?

Despite the quick start from Caron and Smith, I still think Yeti deserves a shot when he's ready to go. I think he has more offensive upside than either of those two players. Or I would least like to give him the chance to prove that he doesn't.

Hopefully not. I feel like Johnson is just going to have to get used to long layoffs between starts. I think Tuukka will and should get a ton of work this year.

I would like to see him in there. Based on his play last year and in the pre-season, he deserves a chance to state his case. He's a guy, unlike Johnson, that I don't want to see them put on ice.

Three more days!!! Let the anticipation build!!! Woooooooo hooooooooooo!!!

B`s play 3 in 5 nights, we`ll see Bart at some point I`m guessing

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I hated Patrick Roy as a player and I can guarantee I am going to hate him as a coach. I might just hate his face at this point. Ugh.

I hope the Yeti is back. It's going to be tough to take Caron out after his previous game but I think once everyone sees what Soderberg is capable of you will agree, Caron is the 13th forward. Reilly Smith looks like a smart two way play-making winger, something I would like to keep on the 3rd line. So it's definitely between the other two to me right now.

I want the Bruins to get up early, and the crowd to give it Roy loud and clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->