Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals XIV- Mod in Op

Status
Not open for further replies.

YouTakeTheVan

Feb 6, 2017
Are we fairly positive that our 4th line going into the playoffs will be:
Kuraly-Acciari-Wagner?
I think they've been excellent the last say 15-20 games. Kuraly and Wags especially, but do they look to upgrade over Acciari?

Let's say we trade Cehlarik+ for NEW GUY - call it Nyquist.

Now you're at the deadline and you're considering a deal for A) a wing or B) a center - equally talented. Do you prefer to upgrade from Kuhlman, or from Acciari?

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
The AHL is considered a professional league, but a player has to be 20 (as of December 31) or older for that to count as professional experience.

Here's the exact quote from the CBA:

Vaakanainen's date of birth is January 1, 1999, so he counts as a 19 year old. If he had been born a day earlier, he wouldn't be exempt :).

Holy crap, that's nuts! 1 day!

Reactions: bbfan419

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
The glass is half empty

:sarcasm:

Think it from Stone's perspective....
Why would you resign with Boston before July 1st, when you can be assured of more money and have many clubs with the 1RW slot open?

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Let's say we trade Cehlarik+ for NEW GUY - call it Nyquist.

Now you're at the deadline and you're considering a deal for A) a wing or B) a center - equally talented. Do you prefer to upgrade from Kuhlman, or from Acciari?
Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Debrusk-Krejci-Nyquist
Heinen-Coyle-Backes/Nordstrom
Kuraly-Acciari-Wagner
Kuhlman

Are you assuming Kuhlman is 3rw or 13th forward? I'm struggling to see us sitting both Backes and Nordstrom so if I'm getting your point, then yes, I upgrade 3RW before Accciari.

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
Why would you resign with Boston before July 1st, when you can be assured of more money and have many clubs with the 1RW slot open?
I'd like to believe that $$$ isn't everything. These guys are already paid. The chance to play with an all world guy in Bergy, solid guy in Krejci and elite dudes like Pasta & Marchy cannot be understated. Stone could probably realize that he is that missing piece to put a contender (Bruins) over the top as well. Has to be alluring to a degree. Shouldn't/wouldn't it?

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I agree with you but maybe he wants the extra year he gets resigning with the team that has his rights? Maybe he wants the security of a deal in place before he hits free agency? If he figures he is getting 9-10m for 7 years on the market maybe same amount for an extra year and extra 9-10m make sense to him instead of having to worry about a contact in 7 years if his production no longer warrants top dollar.

Reactions: lopey

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Many people here wouldn't touch Evander Kane last year either. He was being benched on a horrible team. He was a cancer who would destroy the chemistry of any team. The Sharks got him for a prospect and a conditional 1st / 2nd. He's been nothing but the perfect power forward for them since, signing an affordable contract there as well (exactly what we're searching for right now).

With guys like Chara, Backes, Bergy, etc, etc - I'm not worried about anyone destroying our team from within...

"Locker room problems" are a market inefficiency that more GMs should exploit.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Prospects wise, I think the Bruins need to hold onto Sudnicka and Vaakanainen. The problem is, those two are probably the prospects Ottawa wants. Maybe swap Vaakanainen for Lauzon, Studnicka with a roster player, one of two 1sts they want with another prospect, and this year's 1st.

Cehlarik/Heinen + Lauzon + Senyshyn + 1st for Stone?

If Stone wants to re-sign I would be fine with Heinen going in that package, but otherwise no thanks.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
"Locker room problems" are a market inefficiency that more GMs should exploit.

Its been a problem in Boston for yeeeeears.

Rumors have a LOT of good players getting moved over the past 40 years because of off ice issues. Seguin, Thornton, Stumpel, Janney, etc.....

Don't personally know what's true and what isn't. But its obvious its a thing.

If a player is making the job difficult for the coach, I have no problem moving them no matter who it is.

You can't have the patients running the asylum.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Prospects wise, I think the Bruins need to hold onto Sudnicka and Vaakanainen. The problem is, those two are probably the prospects Ottawa wants. Maybe swap Vaakanainen for Lauzon, Studnicka with a roster player, one of two 1sts they want with another prospect, and this year's 1st.

Cehlarik/Heinen + Lauzon + Senyshyn + 1st for Stone?

If Stone wants to re-sign I would be fine with Heinen going in that package, but otherwise no thanks.

Yeah, Studnicka and/or Vaak are off the Market unless its a sign and Trade.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

Rumors have a LOT of good players getting moved over the past 40 years because of off ice issues. Seguin, Thornton, Stumpel, Janney, etc.....

If a player is making the job difficult for the coach, I have no problem moving them no matter who it is.

CJ is the argument for avoiding players with bad reputations in the locker room. Let me know when Thornton gets his cup and Seguin wins another one not in Boston. (I really like Joe Thornton but he always struck me as a guy just happy to play and make his money, nothing wrong with that but his playoff performances have usually left a lot to be desired)

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017

I'd ask why it seems like Boston has that problem more than other teams.

Reactions: bbfan419
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad