Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals XIV- Mod in Op

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I want Stone but we are talking 6 weeks then playing Toronto Tampa just to get to Washington (yes them)

I’m not giving up Studnicka Frederic Vaakanainen

I’d go a first and a good prospect or two but duck off Dorian

I would also plant we want him very bad so Stone’s agent knows July 1 the Bruins are all in

Let Winnipeg Bankrupt their farm knowing come July 1 they aren’t getting him on a silver platter

Good luck Winnipeg paying Stone Connor Laine Trouba etc

Boston can sign McAvoy Carlo Heinen and DeBrusk and still get a big contract like Stone once Backes and Chara are off books

Cap will be near $100M when 63-37-88 are making less than 20M or 20%

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
If the Bruins deal Krug and no one is able to step up in the playoffs as a true PMD, we will being hearing about it on these boards for the next 5 years...

He cannot be dealt simply for this reason. :laugh:

Plus, I don't think we have or can get anyone that can replace him.

I actually think if McAvoy got the PP time that Krug did, his (McAvoy) offensive numbers would be among the top among defensemen. If you look at McAvoy's production, its almost all at even strength.

% of Points from the PP
Krug - 50%
McAvoy - 14%

Avg PP TOI per game
Krug - 3:30
McAvoy - 1:45

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Are we fairly positive that our 4th line going into the playoffs will be:
Kuraly-Acciari-Wagner?
I think they've been excellent the last say 15-20 games. Kuraly and Wags especially, but do they look to upgrade over Acciari?

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Pastrnak = 14.1%

Guess who the 2nd most consistent line is????

Kuraly -- Acciari -- Wagner = 12.7%

So I think, barring any injuries to these players, it will be the 4th line come playoff time. They don't need to upgrade anyone here and if someone isn't working out, you will already have guys who can sub in for them; Backes/Nordstrom/etc.

Also, our depth on D right now, without the kids, is Moore/Kampfer. Do we upgrade the right side? Or use Moore as a swiss army knife as both LD/RD and god forbid if two guys go down, we use Moore as RD and Vaak/Lauzon as LD?

I'd say the defense is set. Moore/Kampfer is solid depth come playoff time. I don't see the Bruins using prospects/picks to acquire depth when they already have it.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Yah who cares about player maturity and personality fit...

Everything we know about this player smells Seguin. I'm guessing Hoffman is not anywhere close to making the radar list for the bruins.
Though we learned the Seguin lesson.

Besides - the character chatter around him will only bring the asking price down. The second year on his contract is gold for the bruins right now (compared to a rental).

Reactions: maxl7

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I actually think if McAvoy got the PP time that Krug did, his (McAvoy) offensive numbers would be among the top among defensemen. If you look at McAvoy's production, its almost all at even strength.

% of Points from the PP
Krug - 50%
McAvoy - 14%

Avg PP TOI per game
Krug - 3:30
McAvoy - 1:45

Add in the players Krug gets to plays with and against on the PP and even strength. Krug is a nice player to have but his time in Boston is coming to an end, I doubt he sees another contract from Boston.

Besides they will be wanting Charlie to be earning the massive contract he's going to be getting.

lxndr

Nov 11, 2017
I've read, but haven't been able to confirm, that he isn't since the AHL is also considered a professional league and him playing there counts towards his 2+yrs in a professional league.
Fluto had him on a protected (non-exempt) list but I don't put a ton of stock into his answer.

Still would be good to get confirmation if Vaak is exempt or not, he'll easily hit 40 or so AHL games this year then have 2 more years before expansion draft wouldn't that put him in play?

The AHL is considered a professional league, but a player has to be 20 (as of December 31) or older for that to count as professional experience.

Here's the exact quote from the CBA:
[...] a Player aged 18 or 19 earns a year of professional experience by playing ten (10) or more NHL Games in a given NHL Season, and a Player aged 20 or older (or who turns 20 between September 16 and December 31 of the year in which he signs his first SPC) earns a year of professional experience by playing ten (10) or more Professional Games (NHL, AHL, KHL, SHL, etc.) under an SPC in a given League Year.

Vaakanainen's date of birth is January 1, 1999, so he counts as a 19 year old. If he had been born a day earlier, he wouldn't be exempt :).

Last edited:

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
If he signs after the trade deadline, it is a 7 year max deal, even if he signs with the team that holds his rights.
As long as he is on the team before the deadline expires then he is eligible for an 8 year contract with that team, however once the deadline is gone, any new team he goes to can only offer 7 years max.

Reactions: JCRO

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
I only see Stone as a rental fit, from both sides.(salary and position depth conflicts)
I don't see a rental cost fit by the Bruins.
I don't think Stone becomes a Bruin.

Reactions: Dizzay

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I only see Stone as a rental fit, from both sides.(salary and position depth conflicts)
I don't see a rental cost fit by the Bruins.
I don't think Stone becomes a Bruin.
The glass is half empty

:sarcasm:

Reactions: bbfan419

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
If we are giving up our 1st round pick, I'd rather do it on Kreider than anyone else, because he's signed through next season on a fairly good cap hit and that gives us some future value to the trade.

It means that our top 9 is pretty well set for the rest of this year & next year.

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
1st, Gryz, Senyshyn would be my preferred offer for Stone but would be willing to go 1st, Gryz, Frederic. Those are solid offers for a rental. We should be able to absorb the Gryz loss with Moore, Kampfer, UV, & Lauzon. Plenty of D depth.

Reactions: bbfan419

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
GRYZ is very dependable, and you could see that Cassidy has a lot of trust. I would not move him at all. Bruins should just stay pat.
Like Sweeney said , fingures crossed that they get no more injuries.
We have fillers that will play just as well as rentals in the short term.
Bruins have a good team. Maybe a Right winger that can score would help but not worth the cost. If that is the only hole in there
line-up so be it. Lets hope Cehlarek can be a regular, or a combination of him and the cool man can get the job done.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
If we are giving up our 1st round pick, I'd rather do it on Kreider than anyone else, because he's signed through next season on a fairly good cap hit and that gives us some future value to the trade.

It means that our top 9 is pretty well set for the rest of this year & next year.

But Kreider doesn't fill the need of a RW. He's also only moving if NYR get a haul for him, and that's not wise for Boston to do.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I want Stone but we are talking 6 weeks then playing Toronto Tampa just to get to Washington (yes them)

I’m not giving up Studnicka Frederic Vaakanainen

I’d go a first and a good prospect or two but duck off Dorian

I would also plant we want him very bad so Stone’s agent knows July 1 the Bruins are all in

Let Winnipeg Bankrupt their farm knowing come July 1 they aren’t getting him on a silver platter

Good luck Winnipeg paying Stone Connor Laine Trouba etc

Boston can sign McAvoy Carlo Heinen and DeBrusk and still get a big contract like Stone once Backes and Chara are off books

Cap will be near $100M when 63-37-88 are making less than 20M or 20%

Sure Dan but when does this change? Neither of those teams looks to be falling off a cliff any time soon do they?

Ultimately if we agree they need a Stone type to compete with those teams, and we know he's a UFA this summer, isn't it worth some real effort to try to get him BEFORE he becomes a UFA so you can both convince him to stay and offer the extra year?

I don't know what you're proposing with the "good prospect or two", but I would think they could afford to give up one of Frederic/Studnicka with Coyle here, and JFK (who was supposed to be something as of 8 months ago, right?). I'd offer the 1st, Stud/Frederic, conditional pick on re-sign. If they'd rather talk Gryz or Heinen as part of the deal, fine by me. But make a compelling offer. Stone is not your average deadline rental...he's a stud.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Sure Dan but when does this change? Neither of those teams looks to be falling off a cliff any time soon do they?

Ultimately if we agree they need a Stone type to compete with those teams, and we know he's a UFA this summer, isn't it worth some real effort to try to get him BEFORE he becomes a UFA so you can both convince him to stay and offer the extra year?

I don't know what you're proposing with the "good prospect or two", but I would think they could afford to give up one of Frederic/Studnicka with Coyle here, and JFK (who was supposed to be something as of 8 months ago, right?). I'd offer the 1st, Stud/Frederic, conditional pick on re-sign. If they'd rather talk Gryz or Heinen as part of the deal, fine by me. But make a compelling offer. Stone is not your average deadline rental...he's a stud.

Not because he scored 4 goals yesterday but I wouldn't trade Studnicka at any cost. Absolutely not.

The most I trade for a top winger like Stone or Panarin or Kreider is Frederic + Zboril + 1st

If this package doesn't get any of the top available players than move on to Zuccarello/Simmonds

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Not because he scored 4 goals yesterday but I wouldn't trade Studnicka at any cost. Absolutely not.

The most I trade for a top winger like Stone or Panarin or Kreider is Frederic + Zboril + 1st

If this package doesn't get any of the top available players than move on to Zuccarello/Simmonds

Okay but we should recognize that if we all agree Stone is better than those other options (Zuccarello, corpse of Wayne Simmonds, etc.), we are choosing the future over both a better team this playoffs, and the clear advantage towards signing the best UFA we will see available this summer. Those are facts. So if we need to add a major talent to compete/beat Toronto, TB, Washington this spring and future years, we are knowingly giving up a clear advantage in signing said talent because we had to keep a certain prospect.

I don't know. I'm less and less comfortable with this mindset. You can't "mortgage the farm" for what could be a rental, but you can "overpay" in a unique situation, and this feels like one. I think I would not let any certain prospect hold up this deal. He might affect the rest of the package I offer, but no name is off the table for me if we're talking Mark Stone.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Stone on the market according to Friedman.

I hope Stone goes to Boston. I respect that team and fans have been pretty cool throughout the years. Even when we were big rivals and they beat the snot out of us, they respected our team and weren't dickish at all. They are smart enough to know that Stone carries a line. Makes it elite, even with nothing more than decent talent with him. They have an elite top line. Stone would give them an elite second line. They have a good blueline. I think Stone gives them a legit shot to win the Cup.

I don't think they have much to offer in return though to make it a good deal for both teams.

If I were a contending team, I would go crazy to get Stone. He's the type of addition that makes your entire roster better.

The Bottom Quote coming from a Senators fan off the Ottawa Board:thumbu:

Killer B

Honey Badger don't care
Aug 28, 2008
Wisconsin
Though we learned the Seguin lesson.

Besides - the character chatter around him will only bring the asking price down. The second year on his contract is gold for the bruins right now (compared to a rental).

Many people here wouldn't touch Evander Kane last year either. He was being benched on a horrible team. He was a cancer who would destroy the chemistry of any team. The Sharks got him for a prospect and a conditional 1st / 2nd. He's been nothing but the perfect power forward for them since, signing an affordable contract there as well (exactly what we're searching for right now).

With guys like Chara, Backes, Bergy, etc, etc - I'm not worried about anyone destroying our team from within...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad