Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals XIV- Mod in Op

Status
Not open for further replies.

j44thor

Mar 27, 2008
I wonder how the SEA expansion draft plays into DS thinking this trade deadline. They have a lot of young players that they won't be able to protect. No brainers are Marchand/Bergeron/DeBrusk/Pasta then it gets tricky because if they go with Charlie Mac/Carlo/Grz/Vaak they are done. That leaves all of Heinen, JFK, Bjork, Frederic, Seynyshn, Lauzon, Zboril etc unprotected.

Hopefully they hold onto Studnicka since he is exempt. Draft picks also become more valuable since those players will also be exempt.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Any team that has Stone after the deadline has the opportunity to give him 8 year deal. If he waits until he's UFA, he can only sign 7 years. He's missing out on millions of dollars if he decides to not sign with the team he's on after the deadline. I'd say that it's pretty unlikely that he gets traded and then goes back to Ottawa, since he could sign with them for a ton more guaranteed money right now.

I dunno, that 5 year deal idea is interesting from his perspective. Gets him back to UFA at 31.

lxndr

Nov 11, 2017
I wonder how the SEA expansion draft plays into DS thinking this trade deadline. They have a lot of young players that they won't be able to protect. No brainers are Marchand/Bergeron/DeBrusk/Pasta then it gets tricky because if they go with Charlie Mac/Carlo/Grz/Vaak they are done. That leaves all of Heinen, JFK, Bjork, Frederic, Seynyshn, Lauzon, Zboril etc unprotected.

Hopefully they hold onto Studnicka since he is exempt. Draft picks also become more valuable since those players will also be exempt.

Vaakanainen is exempt if he doesn't play 8 more games in the NHL this season, so I don't see the Bruins protecting 4F + 4D.

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011

Expansion draft won't be for 2 years so I don't think it's on his mind at all this deadline

Reactions: bbfan419

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Vaaka is easily our most valuable prospect because he’ll be excempt. I try my best to keep him out of any deals because of this.

On the topic of Stone, I saw that the asking price is two young players/prospects and two first rounders. That’s a 4 asset deal.

I would offer two of Cehlarik/JFK/Senyshyn with Lauzon and a 1st in 2019.

Would I probably do that whole package? Ya but I’ll start there and hope for the best.

Reactions: DKH

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
For Stone we will need to outbid the Jets which will be tough with Vesalainen and Niku on the table as well as Roslovic.

It would cost more because of the division too. Dorion didn’t even want to move Hoffman to the East.

Cost would be huge. Heinen, Vaakanainen, JFK, Zboril and a 1st. I think Bruins could re-sign Stone so in my opinion it’s worth it for the chance for the cup and for a forward nucleus of Bergeron, Marchand, Stone, Pastrnak, Debrusk and Coyle.

Duchene would be much cheaper. Same with Dzingel. But Dzingel is soft and won’t go into corners. Won’t be a playoff guy.

Hoffman should be a target due to term and a need for a sniper. Florida needs defence. Vaakanainen would be their target. Would also cost our 1st plus another young forward.

Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
Debrusk Krejci Hoffman
Heinen Kuraly Coyle

Reactions: Over the volcano

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
For Stone we will need to outbid the Jets which will be tough with Vesalainen and Niku on the table as well as Roslovic.

It would cost more because of the division too. Dorion didn’t even want to move Hoffman to the East.

Cost would be huge. Heinen, Vaakanainen, JFK, Zboril and a 1st. I think Bruins could re-sign Stone so in my opinion it’s worth it for the chance for the cup and for a forward nucleus of Bergeron, Marchand, Stone, Pastrnak, Debrusk and Coyle.

Duchene would be much cheaper. Same with Dzingel. But Dzingel is soft and won’t go into corners. Won’t be a playoff guy.

Hoffman should be a target due to term and a need for a sniper. Florida needs defence. Vaakanainen would be their target. Would also cost our 1st plus another young forward.

Debrusk Krejci Hoffman
Heinen Kuraly Coyle
If jets offering that I would say enjoy the frigid temperatures of the peg. No way we can compete with an offer like that and stay clear from it. Danton vak and 1st plus plus. Ouch.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I hope Simmonds, Zucc and Hayes are all traded out west so we don't get any of them. Calgary is the front runner for Zucc anyway. If we deal with the Rangers the only 2 players that would interest me are Kreider and Zibanejad, the latter won't be traded though. DS can't sit back at this TDL and settle for what is most cost effective, this is the TDL where some great talents are available to add to our aging core for serious run, don't settle for Zucc or Simmonds go for Stone, Kreider or Duchene, maybe Dzingel. This all being said McAvoy, DeBrusk and Carlo cannot be dealt. For Stone I would offer 2019 1st, Frederic or JFK, Heinen, Zboril and maybe another prospect.

Reactions: Strafer

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I wonder now that the Blues are back in the playoffs and looking quite good........if Backes reunion could be possible? If he'd be more apt to waiving and the Blues could use his leadership on their run.
Backes +Krug+Celharik
JayBo+Schenn

Decision needs to be made on Krug as we have Chara/Gryz/Vaak/Lauzon/Moore who all play LD.
Getting an asset like Schenn for Krug, where we are stockpiled in LD in our system and McAvoy looking like his offensive game is coming on now would be very smart.
Jaybo could fill in for this year's run as the 3rd pairing guy, Schenn either plays 2nd line RW or Coyle does, regardless, makes us so much stronger.
Blues 990% say no due to team chemistry and the Backes contract. We'd likely have to take a Perron with to make it work for them.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I don’t mind Stone. I just don’t like these 8 year deals. They gotta go. It’s too much time for both parties if something goes wrong. Give me back these 4-5 year deals. If they were to get him, their window is for 3-4 years anyway. Why make it go 5 more? St that time they are in the next wave and chances are they won’t be in cup contention yet.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
With the rumors the Devils are selling, I'd be gunning hard for Palmieri. I think this is an ok offer to start:

To NJ:
Cehlarik
Zboril
3rd round pick

j44thor

Mar 27, 2008
Vaakanainen is exempt if he doesn't play 8 more games in the NHL this season, so I don't see the Bruins protecting 4F + 4D.
I've read, but haven't been able to confirm, that he isn't since the AHL is also considered a professional league and him playing there counts towards his 2+yrs in a professional league.
Fluto had him on a protected (non-exempt) list but I don't put a ton of stock into his answer.

Still would be good to get confirmation if Vaak is exempt or not, he'll easily hit 40 or so AHL games this year then have 2 more years before expansion draft wouldn't that put him in play?

Reactions: OneManIsNoMan

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
With the rumors the Devils are selling, I'd be gunning hard for Palmieri. I think this is an ok offer to start:

To NJ:
Cehlarik
Zboril
3rd round pick
That might get you Blake Coleman (who I like) not Kyle Palmieri. Start with Heinen, young D prospect and a 1st and probably adding from there.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

Debrusk Krejci Hoffman
Heinen Kuraly Coyle

Hoffman? You want to add a problem child to a stanley cup contending team? Yah no.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
I don’t mind Stone. I just don’t like these 8 year deals. They gotta go. It’s too much time for both parties if something goes wrong. Give me back these 4-5 year deals. If they were to get him, their window is for 3-4 years anyway. Why make it go 5 more? St that time they are in the next wave and chances are they won’t be in cup contention yet.

If he signs after the trade deadline, it is a 7 year max deal, even if he signs with the team that holds his rights.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
I wonder now that the Blues are back in the playoffs and looking quite good........if Backes reunion could be possible? If he'd be more apt to waiving and the Blues could use his leadership on their run.
Backes +Krug+Celharik
JayBo+Schenn

Decision needs to be made on Krug as we have Chara/Gryz/Vaak/Lauzon/Moore who all play LD.
Getting an asset like Schenn for Krug, where we are stockpiled in LD in our system and McAvoy looking like his offensive game is coming on now would be very smart.
Jaybo could fill in for this year's run as the 3rd pairing guy, Schenn either plays 2nd line RW or Coyle does, regardless, makes us so much stronger.
Blues 990% say no due to team chemistry and the Backes contract. We'd likely have to take a Perron with to make it work for them.

If the Bruins deal Krug and no one is able to step up in the playoffs as a true PMD, we will be hearing about it on these boards for the next 5 years...

He cannot be dealt simply for this reason. :laugh:

Plus, I don't think we have or can get anyone that can replace him.

Last edited:

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Are we fairly positive that our 4th line going into the playoffs will be:
Kuraly-Acciari-Wagner?
I think they've been excellent the last say 15-20 games. Kuraly and Wags especially, but do they look to upgrade over Acciari?
Also, our depth on D right now, without the kids, is Moore/Kampfer. Do we upgrade the right side? Or use Moore as a swiss army knife as both LD/RD and god forbid if two guys go down, we use Moore as RD and Vaak/Lauzon as LD?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

I don't know how easy it would be to handle the cap if you have to re-sign your superstars every 4-5 years.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
That might get you Blake Coleman (who I like) not Kyle Palmieri. Start with Heinen, young D prospect and a 1st and probably adding from there.
I'd start with my offer, and negotiate towards what you're proposing. Ideally we keep Heinen. The first concession I'd make is upgrade Zboril to Lauzon, then maybe the 3rd to a 2nd. Cehlarik, Lauzon and a 2nd is a great package. I don't upgrade the 2nd to a first without them adding a 3rd rounder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad